SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 5 : (2-2) Portsmouth @ (0-4) Ironton

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

COULD BE A LONG NIGHT IN THE TANK.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

This week it changes for Ironton. Portsmouth isn't anywhere near as good as the 4 teams Ironton has played so far. They get on the winning track this week.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Give Young the ball 25 times and block up front. Ironton should win as Portsmouth isn't strong this year. Ironton can run on this team. Rest Dino and see what happens. Again, Ironton could win these last 6 games.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

this ironton team is so poorly coached they may run the table..........

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

tigercannon71 wrote:This week it changes for Ironton. Portsmouth isn't anywhere near as good as the 4 teams Ironton has played so far. They get on the winning track this week.
Purely laughable comments there Kittycannon. Portsmouth can win this game.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I'm not sure what to think at this point, we've played some pretty darn good Teams so far. We've at least cut back on the Penalties the last two games, but turnovers are killing us now (we're -8 in Turnovers) .

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

another wk that the burg gets guaranteed 2nd level points

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Ironton goes to 0-5 as Portsmouth wins, 28-18.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

I could see Portsmouth getting to 7-3 if they play smart. A depleted Ironton team I think still wins.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I truly don't know what to think after last nights game. It's like the 4th time IHS took the ball right down the field to open the second half & give it up on downs, after an18 play - 10 minute drive & can't punch one in.
Then they turn it over after getting a turnover & start whole process of giving the other team good field position on every drive. It's just deflating.

The boys have fought so hard & it's gotta be frustrating for them. I think they can get a win next week. It's a competitive series. I know you can do it tigers. Chin up! March on!

GOTIGERSGO!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

If Portsmouth wins it will reflect a Tiger team that has laid down. Funny how both are so down but if either win out from here, conference championship on a platter.

Ironton could go 6-4 if they start playing moreso to potential and block up front.
Portsmouth could still stand to go 8-2 or 7-3. What a strange season so far.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:This week it changes for Ironton. Portsmouth isn't anywhere near as good as the 4 teams Ironton has played so far. They get on the winning track this week.
at this point , im not converting to burg , but I happen to agree with jolly pirate either team can win this game

hey put in some good words for me with that burg grad dude LOL

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
at this point , im not converting to burg , but I happen to agree with jolly pirate either team can win this game

hey put in some good words for me with that burg grad dude LOL
The only thing imma put in is my order while watching you buy coffee.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Ironton will play Rock hill.Coal Grove. South Point. Fairland. Ironton has quatriple the talent from each of these schools and should win in spite of the staff. Portsmouth has a new staff but they are doing things right. Just outmatched in talent and size by a mile. Ironton should win by six touchdowns. They have experience size speed ..everything but coaching but who needs that when everything else is lopsided. Ironton wins out in the very down OVC.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Spirits and players are down for Ironton right now. Again, people think Im crazy but they could win out and see the playoffs. My thought, rest star #22 the rest of the season until that back heals. Return him for the playoffs. If Ironton starts to block they may win some games.

Region is weak. Ironton can still sneak in. Would love to see, even though weak, Portsmouth team sneak into the playoffs as well. It's been too freakin long.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I guess anything can happen falcon. I'd run dez young right down everybodies throat. and play clock control at this point. no style points just hard nosed football games and somehow try to win the ovc in ironton's maiden voyage. but you have to win 1 first.

frankly I don't see how anybody could consider ironton a favorite. we'll see if they are still hungry Friday night.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I guess anything can happen falcon. I'd run dez young right down everybodies throat. and play clock control at this point. no style points just hard nosed football games and somehow try to win the ovc in ironton's maiden voyage. but you have to win 1 first.

frankly I don't see how anybody could consider ironton a favorite. we'll see if they are still hungry Friday night.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Why do people keep saying this about dez. He's not an every down back. Hard to bring down? Sure but he's not shifty, he's a true fullback.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

wobycat wrote:Why do people keep saying this about dez. He's not an every down back. Hard to bring down? Sure but he's not shifty, he's a true fullback.
Because he may be there only hope while Dino recovers. Seriously, if he gets featured in the OVC and Ironton blocks, they can win out.

Return to “Football”