East (4-0) @ Valley (4-0)

here4fun
Varsity

Re: East (4-0) @ Valley (4-0)

Post by here4fun »

lineman7 wrote:
Here4Fun wrote:Despite Valleys injuries they are battle tested and they will regroup and they will not see another team on the schedule the rest of the regular season at the caliber of Raceland saying that they will move on to week 6 still undefeated.....

I think he is laughing because Wheelersburg will clearly be at least as good as Raceland if not significantly better. Just because you watched Burg play one game against a terrible team that they clearly weren't "up for" doesn't mean they don't have an excellent team.
Valley will have to worry about Burg in week 9 This week they have East to prepare for there is no game that is a given. I just think that Raceland will be the most physical and biggest team that they will face in regular season not saying that by any means that they will go undefeated anything can happen on any given Friday night thats why they play he game

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

East is up against another animal this week. Impressive start for the young Tartans.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

If Romanello plays 30 plus pt spread , if he doesn't it might stay below 30 .

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

The Brown kids at running back and the Hatcher kid at receiver are legit. They are solid weapons for the quarterback, Lowe. The big different in this game is the physical line play of Valley. People that understand football know the importance of line play. I think Valley wins this game unless they turn the ball over.

Regardless give Sciotoville and Valley credit for playing this game. A lot of people were taking shots at Valley when they scheduled this game but once again they are getting the last laugh. They will be playing a 4-0 team instead of a 0-3 or 0-4 team that brings nobody to the game. Let's hope for an injury free game.

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

As a fan of East, Valley should win this one by 4 plus td's. East is still very young and Valley is a loaded senior led team that is battle tested. If East didn't lose the 2 transfers it would be a 3 score game lol. I like the matchup though, Valley and East had a lot of tough games back in the 90's and early 2000's.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Here4Fun wrote:Despite Valleys injuries they are battle tested and they will regroup and they will not see another team on the schedule the rest of the regular season at the caliber of Raceland saying that they will move on to week 6 still undefeated.....
We don't know yet, but I think wheelersburg is just as good if not better. Plus it has turned into a rivalry game as of late.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This will show how misconceiving records can be.
Valley 49-13.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Valley at home.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The valley burg game will have it's own peeing contest. This one is about east/valley. I agree that east line won't match valleys. East may break one or two but at the end of the day valley may see a running clock.

EastBeast06
JV Team

Post by EastBeast06 »

East will come out very fired up for this contest. These boys have a different attitude than last years team and no quit in them. They will treat this game like a war. They have a good line as well. #77 B. Scott will be a nightmare for anyone who goes up against him. I look for this one to be a battle till the end.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Anybody that has watched football ever (or just watched Saturday's games..lol) Should know that heavy favorites that come in too over confident and thinking all they have to do is show up, can and will get shocked... Then, if you have a game where you start off bad or have a few plays go against you because you aren't prepared, you'll find yourself in a war. It just takes one quarter of football and a few plays to get a big favorite in trouble. Valley better show up and play from the beginning. Don't give a team like this any life. And if you do? Respond or be sorry.
Who thought Rock Hill would beat Chesapeake? I never would have. Ever!!
Who thought Oak Hill would beat Symmes Valley? Both those games were probably 3 or 4 touchdown favorites who lost. Don't take East lightly....

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

^^^^Exactly. This is why Valley's team and the people of Lucasvile has my respect. They win and lose with class and give respect in return.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

This will be a David and Goliath battle! Good luck to both teams. If Valley makes atleast 1 of their pat's then they should win. Why East don't go for 2 is beyond me cause they can't kick the extra points????????????

DragonMom
Riding the Bench

Post by DragonMom »

My guess would be running clock.. Going out on a limb there thou

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

First let me say that "Here4Fun" doesn't speak for myself with this comment on teams remaining on our schedule. Raceland was a very good football team but myself and a majority of Valley fans know what all is left coming on the schedule. There are 3 teams in our own league that would battle with and possibly beat the Rams.

While we have several weeks before we start a Burg-Valley argument I will give my thoughts. I have seen the Burg play twice and they are the best team on our schedule. Period. People that go watch Wheelersburg and try to compare them to prior Burg teams don't see the explosive passing game and whatnot. But what I see is the best defense Burg has had in several years. They are fast and physical. I feel they are the only team on our schedule that is truly capable of stopping the Indians. Others (including Raceland) slowed us down and Waverly and Minford are certainly capable of doing the same, but I feel the Pirates are the one team that could keep us out of the 20's. Do I think they will? If we are healthy, no I do not. But they are very very capable of it. I think week 9 is going to be awesome, but there is plenty of football before then.

Now...The issue at hand is a 4-0 East team coming in for Homecoming. The Tartans have enough athletes that they will have Valley's full attention. Do I feel like we are solid favorites in this game? Yes I do. But we have to come out focused and ready to play. One big issue for the Indians this week is going to be health. I have watched a ton of football over the years and I have seen plenty of games where there are multiple injuries. But I can't recall a game where more of the "top talent" of a team all goes down in the same game. By the time the final horn sounded the other night the Indians were without 2 offensive line starters including a 3 year starter, a two way standout who already had 2 TD catches (and a 3rd called back) and a sack, and a 3/4 year starter was having his shoulder braced to try to gut it out. Valley is a mash unit right now. I have no idea who will play and who won't, but the Indians are going to need all those kids down the stretch so if they can rest them and still get a win over a solid East team, then I hope that happens.

In the end, Rolfe and Howard are healthy and they are enough to get the job done along with the Indians in the trenches.

Valley 35
East 16

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Crab's brother wrote:
First let me say that "Here4Fun" doesn't speak for myself with this comment on teams remaining on our schedule. Raceland was a very good football team but myself and a majority of Valley fans know what all is left coming on the schedule. There are 3 teams in our own league that would battle with and possibly beat the Rams.

While we have several weeks before we start a Burg-Valley argument I will give my thoughts. I have seen the Burg play twice and they are the best team on our schedule. Period. People that go watch Wheelersburg and try to compare them to prior Burg teams don't see the explosive passing game and whatnot. But what I see is the best defense Burg has had in several years. They are fast and physical. I feel they are the only team on our schedule that is truly capable of stopping the Indians. Others (including Raceland) slowed us down and Waverly and Minford are certainly capable of doing the same, but I feel the Pirates are the one team that could keep us out of the 20's. Do I think they will? If we are healthy, no I do not. But they are very very capable of it. I think week 9 is going to be awesome, but there is plenty of football before then.

Now...The issue at hand is a 4-0 East team coming in for Homecoming. The Tartans have enough athletes that they will have Valley's full attention. Do I feel like we are solid favorites in this game? Yes I do. But we have to come out focused and ready to play. One big issue for the Indians this week is going to be health. I have watched a ton of football over the years and I have seen plenty of games where there are multiple injuries. But I can't recall a game where more of the "top talent" of a team all goes down in the same game. By the time the final horn sounded the other night the Indians were without 2 offensive line starters including a 3 year starter, a two way standout who already had 2 TD catches (and a 3rd called back) and a sack, and a 3/4 year starter was having his shoulder braced to try to gut it out. Valley is a mash unit right now. I have no idea who will play and who won't, but the Indians are going to need all those kids down the stretch so if they can rest them and still get a win over a solid East team, then I hope that happens.

In the end, Rolfe and Howard are healthy and they are enough to get the job done along with the Indians in the trenches.

Valley 35
East 16
I didnt recall saying this is what Crabs brother and I think when I made my comment or any other Valley fan .....

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Here4Fun wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:

Valley 35
East 16
I didnt recall saying this is what Crabs brother and I think when I made my comment or any other Valley fan .....

I never said you did.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I've not seen valley play other than higlights which just show positive plays. I'm assuming their offense is better than last and their defense has improved. So I believe valley will be undefeated coming into the burg game.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Crab's brother wrote:

Valley 35
East 16

Pretty spot on post. Kudos to East for wanting this game same to Valley for taking it. This will only make East better in the long run. I think Valley can and should rest as many dinged players as possible in this one. I like the prediction giving East 16..... Brown will get loose a couple of times and no one is going to catch him if he does.... only problem is Valley wont let him loose much!

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

pmow3 wrote:Anybody that has watched football ever (or just watched Saturday's games..lol) Should know that heavy favorites that come in too over confident and thinking all they have to do is show up, can and will get shocked... Then, if you have a game where you start off bad or have a few plays go against you because you aren't prepared, you'll find yourself in a war. It just takes one quarter of football and a few plays to get a big favorite in trouble. Valley better show up and play from the beginning. Don't give a team like this any life. And if you do? Respond or be sorry.
Who thought Rock Hill would beat Chesapeake? I never would have. Ever!!
Who thought Oak Hill would beat Symmes Valley? Both those games were probably 3 or 4 touchdown favorites who lost. Don't take East lightly....
Excellent!! I couldn't agree more.

Return to “Football”