WK 5: Fort Frye 29 @ Monroe Central 28 Final

efarns
S

Re: WK 5: Fort Frye 29 @ Monroe Central 28 Final

Post by efarns »

2-2 in the last 4 years mesns to me Coach Huck has built a quality football program. This game meant a lot to Fort Frye.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

They showed a ton of heart they could of quit when it 13-0 they didn't. After Monroe came back took the lead 28-21 the Cadets could of quit and didn't. They just kept grinding even when they turned it over on the MC 7 with 4 mins left they still didn't quit. Let's go get it @ Frontier next week no hangovers.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Also they played without Layton who would of been huge on defense stoping Alleman. I think the better team won. So much for the soft Cadets schedule.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

Were those picks Engle's first INT's on the year?

CoachVinny
Waterboy

Post by CoachVinny »

Congrats to FF, good luck on the rest of the season.

MCs offensive is just not effective. (I have a theory as to why but that's a soapbox speech that I won't put readers through.)

The defense did play slightly better tonight but was still very vulnerable to the run game, especially outside as was evident vs River. Better strap em up tight next week, Magnolia is for real and will be very very fast as normal.

Go Noles!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Engle threw a pick last week on a Hail Mary at the end of the half.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Overall team speed isn't the same at Monroe.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

First high school game I've watched in 4 years. Might be one of the best games I've watched. Engle will be a beast in the next few years. MC did have weapons, but cadets had answers for all of them. Hooper had nice throws, but receivers couldn't catch up with the ball. Seems like the cadets outplayed the Seminoles all night, but gave up a few big plays. Miscommunication on the defense left number 7 for Monroe open a few times and got a score due to it once.

Just to note, the first Td by the noles should've been called back. 2 forward passes were thrown. Also, there needs to be someone new in charge of the clocks. Saw when MC had the ball, the play clock went from 9 seconds to 0 and back to 25 without any signals from the referee. Also let the clock run for 30 seconds on a first down dead ball. When MC had the ball, the clock was stopped on a 2nd down play when the ball was still in bounds.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

Congrats to Fort Frye on the big win. Like mentioned above, looks like Engle could be a solid QB for years to come. I'm sure MC will be back, just a down year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

MC could lose to Magnolia and finish (6-4) and still have a shot at playoffs according to Drew Pastuer

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets won this game in the trenches rushing for 236 yards compared to Monroe Central who only ran it for 75 on 27 carries for 2.7 yards per touch.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

I just want to give a shout out to Hooper for a gusty performance last night. The kid got hurt last week but still played and I think if he was 100% it would have been different. But give FF credit for pulling this one out.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

You never mentioned he was hurt before they lose. He didn't look hurt either. Made a bad excuse after they lost to Caldwell last week as well.

Tvc 2012
Waterboy

Post by Tvc 2012 »

Hooper wasn't hurt. PVC MAN your pulling strings now. Fact is Fort Frye was the better team. Way better than the scoreboard even says. Fort DB's got burnt bad numerous times and Monroe never capitalized. Take away the half back pass that Fort got burnt on and the "look what I found int" Monroe had and they would've lost by two TD's. Now add the two obvious fumbles Fort recovered that got turned back over to Monroe and they're losing by 4 TD's. Now figure in all the no calls (QB getting drilled well after the option pitch) and absurd clock running and it's a 5 TD spread. Finally put Layton at MLB instead of on the sidelines and he makes a clear difference on Monroes ability, or lack thereof, to run the ball. Now we are possibly looking at a 6 TD spread. The fact is THIS year on THIS Friday the better team won. Not taking anything away from the 'Noles or Coach Circosta and his staff. They have been and soon will be a PVC powerhouse again. BUT on this night the better team won. That's the difference between a Fort Frye fan and a 'Noles fan though. We don't pull excuse strings and we have enough integrity to give credit where credit is due. My thanks to both programs for providing one of the most exciting HS football games I've ever had the pleasure of watching. Keep your chins up 'Noles. You'll be back.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

896, there is a more accurate way to factor every aspect of every play. It is called the final score.

the natural
Waterboy

Post by the natural »

896ffman wrote:Hooper wasn't hurt. PVC MAN your pulling strings now. Fact is Fort Frye was the better team. Way better than the scoreboard even says. Fort DB's got burnt bad numerous times and Monroe never capitalized. Take away the half back pass that Fort got burnt on and the "look what I found int" Monroe had and they would've lost by two TD's. Now add the two obvious fumbles Fort recovered that got turned back over to Monroe and they're losing by 4 TD's. Now figure in all the no calls (QB getting drilled well after the option pitch) and absurd clock running and it's a 5 TD spread. Finally put Layton at MLB instead of on the sidelines and he makes a clear difference on Monroes ability, or lack thereof, to run the ball. Now we are possibly looking at a 6 TD spread. The fact is THIS year on THIS Friday the better team won. Not taking anything away from the 'Noles or Coach Circosta and his staff. They have been and soon will be a PVC powerhouse again. BUT on this night the better team won. That's the difference between a Fort Frye fan and a 'Noles fan though. We don't pull excuse strings and we have enough integrity to give credit where credit is due. My thanks to both programs for providing one of the most exciting HS football games I've ever had the pleasure of watching. Keep your chins up 'Noles. You'll be back.
Sorry, I guess our fans just aren't used to losing as much as you guys' are.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

That's weird I bet if you did winning % in all 3 boys sports Basketball, Football and Baseball last 5 yrs Fort Frye would be the winningest program in PVC.

MrSider
Riding the Bench

Post by MrSider »

With this one out the way FF could very well go IMO 9-1 and grab up Homefield in week 11...Huge win for Huck n His Boys

Return to “Football”