SOC 1 2015. Who's Legit?

EastBeast06
JV Team

SOC 1 2015. Who's Legit?

Post by EastBeast06 »

With three weeks into the season, some teams are coming together, while others have struggled to get it together.
Current records:
East 3-0
Northwest 2-1
Notre Dame 2-1
Eastern 2-1
Symmes Valley 1-2
Green 1-2
Oak Hill 0-3

EastBeast06
JV Team

Re: SOC 1 2015. Who's Legit?

Post by EastBeast06 »

As of right now this is who I have as far as predictions go

t1. East/ Symmes Valley- East is the only undefeated team left in the conference. Week 5 will be a true test for the Tartans whether or not they win or lose that contest to see where they stand. Symmes Valley, despite the 1-2 start looks to be a favorite considering their two loses were close to quality opponents.

t3. Oak Hill/ Northwest- Oak Hill, whether they are having a bad year or not, is a tough out for any SOC1 school. Northwest had a taste of the title last year and wants more.

t5. Notre Dame/ Eastern- Notre Dame wants get back to the top and seem to be off to a good start. Eastern has turned some heads this year by posting a couple of early season victories in their inaugural varsity season.

7. Green- They own a victory against a really bad Hannan team. More than likely, that will be it considering the beating they took in their other games.

Right now, anything can happen and 1-6 could shuffle around the next few weeks. It will interesting to see how things turn out the rest of the way.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Conference Predictions
1. Symmes Valley 6-0
2. East 5-1
3. Northwest 4-2
4. Oak Hill 3-3
5. Notre Dame 2-4
6. Eastern 1-5
7. Green 0-6

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I'm going with the Mohawks.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

No way Eastern Pike only wins one game in the SOC 1. I think they will pleasantly surprise a lot of people. They could win four games in the SOC 1 and will be competitive in every game in the SOC 1 this year. Their program is coming along and could very well be the program to beat within a few years.

falcon80
Waterboy

Post by falcon80 »

Eastern could very well win the SOC1 in its first season of conference play. They have some good athletes and each week those kids are learning to play football better and better. They have one of the top running backs in the area and from the 2 games Ive seen he is very hard to bring down and has great vision. Good things will come from this new football program if those kids stay healthy.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

falcon80 wrote:Eastern could very well win the SOC1 in its first season of conference play. They have some good athletes and each week those kids are learning to play football better and better. They have one of the top running backs in the area and from the 2 games Ive seen he is very hard to bring down and has great vision. Good things will come from this new football program if those kids stay healthy.
Haven't seen them play personally but I would say they do have a chance. We will find out a little more about them this week.

BigBlacks05
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlacks05 »

The eagles are loaded with great athletes and they have developed great football skills coach tomilison and coach horton have done great with them i look for them to win the soc in football and turn around and do it in basketball this winter loaded with talent in beaver.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

luvbigcats wrote:I'm going with the Mohawks.
I may just have to change my prediction.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Jason Vorhees wrote:No way Eastern Pike only wins one game in the SOC 1. I think they will pleasantly surprise a lot of people. They could win four games in the SOC 1 and will be competitive in every game in the SOC 1 this year. Their program is coming along and could very well be the program to beat within a few years.
Looks like Eastern might only win 1 game in conference ND 36 Eastern 24

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

But look out next year and in future!!! They will be very good!!

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

brown75 wrote:The eagles are loaded with great athletes and they have developed great football skills coach tomilison and coach horton have done great with them i look for them to win the soc in football and turn around and do it in basketball this winter loaded with talent in beaver.
No SOC championship in football this year. Like your chances in basketball

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Notre Dame was up 36-6 and went to running out the clock drill and back fired a little bit. They run between the tackles from that point on and attempted no passing. I understand not wanting to run it up on a team, but they quickly found themselves only up 36-24 and faced an onside kick.

At what point do you shut it off? 43-6? 43-12?

Eastern's running back ran the ball hard, but the Titans stood their ground and forced many 4th down situations that ended up with Eastern going for it and turning it over on downs.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm thinking Eastern went for it on 4th down 4-5 times and didn't convert 3 of the 5. One of them being 4th and 1, but most being 4th and at least 5-6 sometimes more.

Personal foul called on Eastern from a player body slamming the ND player resulted in a 15 yard penalty and their coach applauding and yelling across the field his approval of the move showed zero class.

Just my opinion but Eastern will only win 1 more SOC game vs Green.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

[

Personal foul called on Eastern from a player body slamming the ND player resulted in a 15 yard penalty and their coach applauding and yelling across the field his approval of the move showed zero class.

Just my opinion but Eastern will only win 1 more SOC game vs Green.[/quote]

I Don't think coach was applauding any kind of dirty play. That was a very ticky tack call that similar plays had not been called all night. He was applauding his kids effort and being a little sarcastic with officials in my opinion.

EastBeast06
JV Team

Post by EastBeast06 »

The pieces are starting to come together a little bit, but this year is far from over with some more big matchups this week

East @ Northwest
Notre Dame @ Green
Symmes Valley @ Eastern
Oak Hill @ Wheelersburg (non-conference)

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Jason Vorhees wrote:No way Eastern Pike only wins one game in the SOC 1. I think they will pleasantly surprise a lot of people. They could win four games in the SOC 1 and will be competitive in every game in the SOC 1 this year. Their program is coming along and could very well be the program to beat within a few years.
Only 2 conference games left. Need both of them for two wins!!! They do have a bright future, just think you over estimated a little.

Return to “Football”