Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: OVC Power Rankings

Post by Trojan_Pride »

baloney to this current powerpoll
this is why we play all 10 games and hopefully more
I believe the correct order of finish will be

1 IRONTON (undisputed)
2 cg / cheseapeake ( a good race for 2nd)
3 cheseapeak / cg
4,5,6 Portsmouth / south point / rh ( battle for these 3 spots)
7 fairland ( unsure of why this team is going 0-10 ) LOL

weasel
Waterboy

Post by weasel »

I figur itll be a good'un to beetween cg and cheseapeak to.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

"Power Outage" :idea: :idea: :idea:

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

What are you guys smoking down there? Please pass it around so we are all on the same field. Coal Grove wasn't even in the first two games they played and then could not beat Portsmouth West at home. The only power the grove has is what you guys dream up. Ironton played 3 good teams but didn't win any of them and they were all on their home field. You guys need to take your power polls and stick them where the sun doesn't shine cause that's just what they are worth. If Ironton would win the OVC this year there will be no one in the OVC in the play offs. Then again they just might because this region is so weak it's not even funny. :lol:

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

1.Chesapeake
2. Ironton
3. Portsmouth
4. CG
5. SP
6. RH
7. Fairland

1 and 2 could change before seasons end

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

knightruner wrote:What are you guys smoking down there? Please pass it around so we are all on the same field. Coal Grove wasn't even in the first two games they played and then could not beat Portsmouth West at home. The only power the grove has is what you guys dream up. Ironton played 3 good teams but didn't win any of them and they were all on their home field. You guys need to take your power polls and stick them where the sun doesn't shine cause that's just what they are worth. If Ironton would win the OVC this year there will be no one in the OVC in the play offs. Then again they just might because this region is so weak it's not even funny. :lol:
Obviously, you were either A) Not at the first two games or B) Too busy politicing to even pay attention to the games. What I have seen in the first two games was a completely different team, physicality wise. This is the most physical team in years. However on the offense side of the ball, we have given up the football in the redzone AT LEAST a dozen times (no exaggeration). Valley game, Coal Grove was down 28-14 (That's two scores: still a good ball game) in the forth quarter. Then Murphy's law takes affect, Valley scores, kickoff looks like it's going out of bounds, rolls back in, Valley recovers and next play touchdown.Pleasant was 21-14 at one point. I don't call that not in ball games. Give these kids credit, they play their guts out, they are well coached now, but they are young. Give Kidd 2 years, Coal Grove will be back to traditional Coal Grove football.

Now that I am off my soapbox
1) Chesapeake (They will be 8-0 going into week 9, then their toughest tests will come against Ironton and Coal Grove)
2) Ironton (Tough Schedule)
3) Coal Grove( see #2, add Murphy's Law)
4) Portsmouth (Yes they beat West minus their QB and RB)
5) Rock Hill (Who Knew?)
6) South Point (Wait till week 10...)
7) Fairland

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

GoBigGrover wrote:
knightruner wrote:What are you guys smoking down there? Please pass it around so we are all on the same field. Coal Grove wasn't even in the first two games they played and then could not beat Portsmouth West at home. The only power the grove has is what you guys dream up. Ironton played 3 good teams but didn't win any of them and they were all on their home field. You guys need to take your power polls and stick them where the sun doesn't shine cause that's just what they are worth. If Ironton would win the OVC this year there will be no one in the OVC in the play offs. Then again they just might because this region is so weak it's not even funny. :lol:
Obviously, you were either A) Not at the first two games or B) Too busy politicing to even pay attention to the games. What I have seen in the first two games was a completely different team, physicality wise. This is the most physical team in years. However on the offense side of the ball, we have given up the football in the redzone AT LEAST a dozen times (no exaggeration). Valley game, Coal Grove was down 28-14 (That's two scores: still a good ball game) in the forth quarter. Then Murphy's law takes affect, Valley scores, kickoff looks like it's going out of bounds, rolls back in, Valley recovers and next play touchdown.Pleasant was 21-14 at one point. I don't call that not in ball games. Give these kids credit, they play their guts out, they are well coached now, but they are young. Give Kidd 2 years, Coal Grove will be back to traditional Coal Grove football.

Now that I am off my soapbox
1) Chesapeake (They will be 8-0 going into week 9, then their toughest tests will come against Ironton and Coal Grove)
2) Ironton (Tough Schedule)
3) Coal Grove( see #2, add Murphy's Law)
4) Portsmouth (Yes they beat West minus their QB and RB)
5) Rock Hill (Who Knew?)
6) South Point (Wait till week 10...)
7) Fairland
Actually Portsmouth played the stronger West team. When west beat Coal Grove they lost 4 players in that game including QB a lineman and there starting FB who was the leading reciever last year.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

The Grove will end up maybe 4-6 this year. They have played 3 home games and lost all of them, sounds like Ironton. The Grove will get wins over SP, RH (maybe), Fairview and Fairland. Now that's what I call power right!!!! It would not be a big surprise if the Grove and Ironton end up with the same amount of wins. I don't see the Grove wining a home game this year.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

A little shakeup in the Rankings I believe....

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

pope_snoopdog_the_1st wrote:A little shakeup in the Rankings I believe....
1 RH
2 Peake
3 CG
the rest are irrelevant. :lol:

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

These rankings are in for a mix-up!

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Yep....I think each week the OVC will have many twists and turns....which makes for a fun year. And it's why the games are played on a field and not on these forums!!! Lol these ranking will be like rolling dice each week, never know who pops up at the top....

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

GoBigGrover being very quite.....after getting off the soapbox, maybe he can see the light now that Coal Grove will beat 4 nobodies. The OVC is in for a big shake up each week just watch.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Rock Hill plays Ironton in the "TANK" this year correct?

Has Rock Hill ever won at the Tank...ever...?

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Don't know if they have or not but if Ironton doesn't win the OVC there will be a big red glow over the city.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Rock Hill does play Ironton @ Ironton and I could be incorrect but I believe RH has only played Ironton at Ironton one time on the varsity level. That was in the was in playoffs and Ironton did win.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

pope_snoopdog_the_1st wrote:Rock Hill does play Ironton @ Ironton and I could be incorrect but I believe RH has only played Ironton at Ironton one time on the varsity level. That was in the was in playoffs and Ironton did win.
The only other time they have met was in Portsmouth in the playoffs as well....

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

My prediction for this week:

Coal Grove 28 Rock Hill 24

Ironton 35 Portsmouth 14

South Point 21 Fairland 7

Chesapeake 42 Warren 14 (Non-Conf)

Return to “Football”