All State

Re: Week 4 (0-3) Ironton vs (3-0) Ashland KY

Post by local superstar »

:122246 Sometimes I wonder.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

local superstar wrote:Cant imagine Chesapeake having one third of the talent that Ironton has.
CHESAPEAKE, MY SCHEDULE SAYS THE ASHLAND TOMCATS. AND THAT IS THE ONLY TEAM IRONTON IS FOCUSED ON RIGHT NOW

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

At some point Ironton fans might nned to come to the realization that they might not have the talent they think they have.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Ironton has VERY talented players but I feel that kids that transfer don't have that mentality to stick it out when the going gets rough! they run at the first opportunity and can't keep calm in situations when you need to buckle down and give your all! Look at one of your kids who is constantly losing his cool and costing you 15 yards multiple times in every game! Can this be the coaches fault? maybe or are then wired this way already and it is not going to change? I'd rather coach a team of hardworking average players who don't get down than a team full of studs who psychologically cant keep their cool when it is needed most!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I am not sure what Ironton is doing anymore. But one thing is for sure coaching has become and issue at Ironton.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Ashland wins this one it might even get ugly. I read on here about all this talent that the Tigers have. Just because you have talent it don't mean your going to be a good football team. Sorry Tiger fans it is what it is. I had some high expectations for West this year but I will admit we are not a very good football team right now. It hurts me to say that but it is true. Good luck Tigers.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

osumufan wrote:Ironton has VERY talented players but I feel that kids that transfer don't have that mentality to stick it out when the going gets rough! they run at the first opportunity and can't keep calm in situations when you need to buckle down and give your all! Look at one of your kids who is constantly losing his cool and costing you 15 yards multiple times in every game! Can this be the coaches fault? maybe or are then wired this way already and it is not going to change? I'd rather coach a team of hardworking average players who don't get down than a team full of studs who psychologically cant keep their cool when it is needed most!

You've got to be kidding right? What a load of CRAP....Ironton has benefitted far more from transfers over the last 40 years then they have been hampered by them...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

fbnut wrote:At some point Ironton fans might nned to come to the realization that they might not have the talent they think they have.
the talent and the coaching is in question. I still think we can get this ship righted. maybe not meet the expectations we had coming in. but still have a successful year. if it don't happen Friday. the chances of a playoff are purty much out the window. all they can concentrate on is one at a time.

and that's the way it should be every week.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

osumufan wrote:Ironton has VERY talented players but I feel that kids that transfer don't have that mentality to stick it out when the going gets rough! they run at the first opportunity and can't keep calm in situations when you need to buckle down and give your all! Look at one of your kids who is constantly losing his cool and costing you 15 yards multiple times in every game! Can this be the coaches fault? maybe or are then wired this way already and it is not going to change? I'd rather coach a team of hardworking average players who don't get down than a team full of studs who psychologically cant keep their cool when it is needed most!

those kids would not play for me period===========nuff said.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

luvbigcats wrote:Ashland wins this one it might even get ugly. I read on here about all this talent that the Tigers have. Just because you have talent it don't mean your going to be a good football team. Sorry Tiger fans it is what it is. I had some high expectations for West this year but I will admit we are not a very good football team right now. It hurts me to say that but it is true. Good luck Tigers.

I feel the same way west. but in the end I'm still a fan. I really think this week is vital and if lost may slam a door on any possible scenario for a playoff. we need to win this and come into league play healthy and hungry.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

GOOD LUCK TIGERS!!!!!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

I just want someone to explain the reason , no1 giving ironton chance in this game ???? we did WIN this game last year 41-13, other than playing in Ashland its pretty much the same group of kids !!!!!

I like TIGERS chances here especially with no1 giving them a shot

hogwash to some of these other post, I have seen ironton play 3 games and I know we got 3 L , but we have been in all 3 of these games!!!
GO TIGERS

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

I just want someone to explain the reason , no1 giving ironton chance in this game ???? we did WIN this game last year 41-13, other than playing in Ashland its pretty much the same group of kids !!!!!

I like TIGERS chances here especially with no1 giving them a shot

hogwash to some of these other post, I have seen ironton play 3 games and I know we got 3 L , but we have been in all 3 of these games!!!
GO TIGERS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I too would like to see em get back on track here.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

anyone know if 22 pallidino is a GO for this week ???
GO TIGERS

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:anyone know if 22 pallidino is a GO for this week ???
GO TIGERS
I haven't heard anything but I hope so, we're going to need him.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ironton has had 3 very tough games to date. wheelersburg-russell, ky.--and top ranked beechwood, ky.

we have had our fur pulled out. and I think the fighting tigers go into Putnam stadium and upset the tomcats.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOOD LUCK TO THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS---------BEAT THEM TOMCATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

It's always tough to beat Ashland at Ashland. Baker is a beast, but Ironton held him and Long to under 100 yards rushing combined last year. Everyone seems to be healed up and ready to play this game. The question is mentally are they ready to come in and play. The sideline and the fans seems dead to me. There's no excitement there, even the coaches seem like stumps on a log. Someone is going to have to get in these boys heads and fire them up. I think they have a good shot at beating Ashland, but they have to finish the game as well as come out fired up and ready to play.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

tigercannon71 wrote:It's always tough to beat Ashland at Ashland. Baker is a beast, but Ironton held him and Long to under 100 yards rushing combined last year. Everyone seems to be healed up and ready to play this game. The question is mentally are they ready to come in and play. The sideline and the fans seems dead to me. There's no excitement there, even the coaches seem like stumps on a log. Someone is going to have to get in these boys heads and fire them up. I think they have a good shot at beating Ashland, but they have to finish the game as well as come out fired up and ready to play.
I like it come out pumped , and must finish strong!!! I think this gonna be higher scoring
tigers 42-34

Return to “Football”