Re: Power Poll

Post by G.W.A. »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
G.W.A. wrote:1. Logan
2. Burg
3. Jackson
4. Valley
5. Ironton
That must be a typo. You're kidding me, right?
I have only one team diff than the guy above me and that is Ironton and I feel if they had a coach they would be 2-0 right now and they still have time to turn it around. What is your top 5?

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

G.W.A. wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:
G.W.A. wrote:1. Logan
2. Burg
3. Jackson
4. Valley
5. Ironton
That must be a typo. You're kidding me, right?
I have only one team diff than the guy above me and that is Ironton and I feel if they had a coach they would be 2-0 right now and they still have time to turn it around. What is your top 5?
I'm not sure how closely you follow football but polls are based on performance and potential. Your opinion on the coaching situation at Ironton isn't relevant.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Why cant I pick my top 5 like everyone else? Thanks Storm for agreeing with me about Ironton and their potential.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

You have the right to pick your top 5 just like everyone else. I am simply trying to get an accurate gauge on who people think the top teams are based on significant criteria. FYI: I'm not saying my opinion is any more valid than anyone else's.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

1) Valley
2) Burg
3) Logan
4) Maysville
t5) Paint Valley
t5) Chesapeake

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

SouthernStorm wrote:You have the right to pick your top 5 just like everyone else. I am simply trying to get an accurate gauge on who people think the top teams are based on significant criteria. FYI: I'm not saying my opinion is any more valid than anyone else's.
can I get some significant criteria with these 5????? LOL its a poll people

6. Paint Valley
7. Symmes Valley
8. Circleville
9. Unioto
10. Zane Trace

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
SouthernStorm wrote:You have the right to pick your top 5 just like everyone else. I am simply trying to get an accurate gauge on who people think the top teams are based on significant criteria. FYI: I'm not saying my opinion is any more valid than anyone else's.
can I get some significant criteria with these 5????? LOL its a poll people

6. Paint Valley
7. Symmes Valley
8. Circleville
9. Unioto
10. Zane Trace
By all means.

6. Paint Valley is 2-0 and returns basically everyone from last years playoff team.
7. Symmes Valley is 1-1 and will likely finish the season with 8 or 9 wins and a playoff berth.
8. Circleville is 2-0 and will contend for a conference title.
9. Unioto is 2-0 and will contend for a conference title.
10. Zane Trace is 2-0 and will contend for a conference title.

Feel free to elaborate on your list of teams and their qualifications. Thanks.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

im with GWA but in different order
1. logan
2. Jackson
3. valley
4. ironton
5. burg

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:im with GWA but in different order
1. logan
2. Jackson
3. valley
4. ironton
5. burg
:lol: That makes NO sense at all when the #5 team has already beaten your #4 team. You sure this isn't a preseason poll?

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

I certainly don't disagree that Ironton has the potential to be a top team in the area. However, their 0-2 start is an issue. I'm quite certain that you wouldn't expect your favorite college team to be near the top of a poll if their record was 0-2.

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

nutronron2012 wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:im with GWA but in different order
1. logan
2. Jackson
3. valley
4. ironton
5. burg
:lol: That makes NO sense at all when the #5 team has already beaten your #4 team. You sure this isn't a preseason poll?

My point exactly! I would think that rationale and reasoning would be top priorities in this discussion.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

formerfcfan wrote:1) Valley
2) Burg
3) Logan
4) Maysville
t5) Paint Valley
t5) Chesapeake
I forgot an obvious one

1) Valley
2) Burg
3) Logan
4) Caldwell
t5) Chesapeake
t5) Paint Valley

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

1. Burg
2. Valley
3. Logan
4. Jackson
5. Ironton

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

formerfcfan wrote:
formerfcfan wrote:1) Valley
2) Burg
3) Logan
4) Maysville
t5) Paint Valley
t5) Chesapeake
I forgot an obvious one

1) Valley
2) Burg
3) Logan
4) Caldwell
t5) Chesapeake
t5) Paint Valley
I'm not familiar with Caldwell. Does Peake have what it takes to win the OVC? Again, just generating conversation.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

All I can say after reading these posts is: "Three Cheers for the computer point system in Ohio!"

HIP HIP...HOORAY
HIP HIP...HOORAY
HIP HIP...HOORAY

That being said, here is my list:
1-Valley
That's it

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Caldwell, like Paint Valley, return a ton from a squad that made week 12 last year. The 'Skins are in D7 and participate in the PVC. It seems as if the PVC will be intense competition, but they appear to be the favorite in their conference.

As for 'Peake... could they be the best team in the OVC? They beat Alex', who has a shot of winning what is right now a wide open TVC-Ohio (that, or the Spartans are a close second behind NY). They thrashed Oak Hill, but jury is still out there.

Peake could go 9-1. 10-0 if Ironton doesn't get off their bucking toward a losing season. I think we'll know more about Chesapeake and Symmes Valley after this week.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

This started out looking like a southeastern poll.....Caldwell and Maysville might not fall under this.

schmittie32
Riding the Bench

Post by schmittie32 »

Is it me or are most people severely underestimating Valley this year? They were one game away from playing for a state championship last year, are returning almost their entire starting offense and defense and gave Kirtland all they could handle and more. Valley is easily the best team SE Ohio and I don't see how any reasonable person could logically disagree with that.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

schmittie32 wrote:Is it me or are most people severely underestimating Valley this year? They were one game away from playing for a state championship last year, are returning almost their entire starting offense and defense and gave Kirtland all they could handle and more. Valley is easily the best team SE Ohio and I don't see how any reasonable person could logically disagree with that.
I agree 100%

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:
schmittie32 wrote:Is it me or are most people severely underestimating Valley this year? They were one game away from playing for a state championship last year, are returning almost their entire starting offense and defense and gave Kirtland all they could handle and more. Valley is easily the best team SE Ohio and I don't see how any reasonable person could logically disagree with that.
I agree 100%

Shhhhhhhh...........It is a secret..Let everyone keep underestimating

Return to “Football”