Week 2 Waverly at Zane Trace

toast
All State

Re: Week 2 Waverly at Zane Trace

Post by toast »

nice guy wrote:Zane Trace has things to fix also. Logan Elm had over 450 total yards.
I"m curious. How good is Logan Elm this year? I know there were very good last year and made the playoffs.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

I don't remember these two teams ever playing, although I'm sure they have at some point. I know we've scrimmaged Zane Trace a few times, and most of those were good scrimmages. I don't know much about Trace this year, except it's always a good win when you beat Logan Elm. Most teams make big improvements from week 1 to 2, so it will be exciting to see if the Tigers have cleaned up some of the things from last week. If we can handle our business offensively in the red zone and continue to attack and play fast on defense, I think we can be competitive with about anybody on our schedule. I don't know how many wins that translates in this year, but I think teams will be surprised with the 2015 Tigers.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

I believe they played a home and home back around 06-07 years.

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

2006 Waverly 55-14
2007 Waverly 49-8

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Hilton and Walls era

SouthGallia#1 in bball
Riding the Bench

Post by SouthGallia#1 in bball »

I remember those teams. They were the best this area ever saw. Then they gave up 406 yards rushing on off tackle left against Westfall. Good times.

Zane Trace wins by a bakers dozen.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GET ER DONE WAVERLY TIGERS.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Frenchtown, that is true but 2 of the Tigers best LB were out during that game. That is football but it was not a full strength Defense and that is a fact.

OH BTW Tigers over Pioneers 28 14 Hey Look Me Over!!!
Last edited by JohnKnight on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

ZT

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Zane Trace is highly favored in the pick em contest. Prove em wrong Tigers!

BadVlad27
JV Team

Post by BadVlad27 »

geaux tigers!

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

The Tigers can't get into a shootout here. We have to be smarter on offense and much more efficient in the red zone....1/6 won't cut it vs. too many teams. The Tigers must also do a great job on the edge tonight defensively. If we can contain them and prevent explosive plays, I think the Tigers' depth in this heat tonight could prove to be a huge help....especially up front. IF the Tigers can keep it close early, I like our chances of the upset.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigers have to play as a TEAM, there is no I in TEAM. You win or lose as a TEAM. Tigers are fairly deep at every position this year, work em in and out to keep everybody fresh. Zane Trace is a good football team, Tigers have to play smart.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Was off by 10.

Zane Trace wins 35-6.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Cottonbrook goes out with a sprained ankle Tigers down 7-0. Insert Clayton Howell. He takes the Tigers down on his first drive and finishes the drive with a TD pass to Cade Marquez. Kids rushing around to find the kicking tee, rush out to get the snap off before a delay of game instead of calling a timeout and the PAT is no good. ZT lead 7-6. ZT scored again to lead 14-6 at the break.
Tigers receive the ball to start the 3rd. Howell hits Chapman for a long pass, breaks away from the defender for the TD, but wait he is marked out of bounds at around the 30 (not sure exact spot). Next play pass goes through the receivers hands, tipped up and picked off and returned the distance for 6 and ZT lead 21-6. Tigers never recovered from that point on.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Congrats to the Pioneers on a solid win! Waverly had a nice drive going to tie the game deep in Pioneer territory in the third quarter. A nice pass goes through our receivers hands (that's football) and Rittenhouse took it 90 the other way. It completely took the wind out of our sails. Then the lightning delay came and the Tigers came out flatter than a pancake. Give credit to Zane Trace for showing their experience in never panicking and continuing to stick to what they do. Good luck the rest of the way!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

dagnabbit

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

Zane Trace is an experienced team with a lot of seniors who play key positions. Waverly will probably get them next year when the tables are turned.

SouthGallia#1 in bball
Riding the Bench

Post by SouthGallia#1 in bball »

Have fun next week proving the haters wrong.

No shame in losing to a better team it is okay to admit it and there isn't anything wrong with people picking games correctly..

Return to “Football”