Week 2: Gallia Academy @ River Valley

kvnchambers
Varsity

Re: Week 2: Gallia Academy @ River Valley

Post by kvnchambers »

I am not positive but i think . THey said the trophy gallia Academy and meigs may be signed for 12 years. I only say that because after meigs game when meigs was presented a trophy they said the trophy would go to winning school for next 12 years. I know river valley signed for at least 2 more years. I think the point pleasant game would be up to point pleasant. If they stay triple AAA in west virginia next classification over there they probably find away to get it signed. If they go back to AA it is my understanding that point would not be interested. Jackson i don't know anything or have heard anything about.

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

91blue14 wrote:ask yourself why did this so called rivalry stop? ask yourself why did they want to play this so bad this particular year?
I think everyone knows the answer to that, and I think everyone knows what the results of the games would have been if the series hadn't ended back in the early 2000's.

I like that Gallia Academy and River Valley are playing again, but if I had to choose the 3 games to keep on the schedule it would be Meigs, Point Pleasant, and Jackson. River Valley would be the jamboree game.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Bevo wrote:
hoopshothead wrote:I thought the Blue Devils did a good good last night of not giving up. When the game was 20-0 in the 3rd, they could have quit, but they did not. They out played the Raiders for the entire 3rd and half of the 4th to make this game very interesting and had the RV crowd sweating the outcome. Overall, a great evening for Gallia Co. Great win for the Raiders, now on to the next one. They play Eastern Meigs away and that is where the focus should be now.

I thought the Raiders left several points on the field last night. They were inside the 10 yard line at least 3 times last night and did not score. If they finish those drives this game could have gotten out of hand. But to GAHS's credit, they did not quit and kept RV out of the endzone. Best of luck to the Blue Devils moving forward. Their schedule does not get any easier and I can foresee this team possible not winning a game this year. I hope that is not the case, but the fact is, they have a lot of work to put in if they plan on competing with Logan, Point and the rest of the teams they have yet to play.

GO RAIDRES!!!......Build on this one and get ready for the Eagles!!!
From a Blue Devil fan, i never thought we ever out played RV for 2 secs! It took all but 1:30 of the 3rd qtr to drive 80 yds and score and the scored was on 4th and 8 Lol. 3 stupid personal fouls from RV gave Us some new life!
I thought the RV qb Hardway missed 2 or 3 TDs, were lucky this score wasn't 45 to 7. The Raiders looked solid and young, they are a better team than Meigs!
Bevo, just stop. We get it you hate the Blue Devils. They played a great third quarter. RV was the better team, that's for sure.

Having said that, Meigs will beat RV like a drum.,mark these words. Thy are much to fast for RV. I'll say at least three scores. Week 1 was not a good indicator of Meigs. Their air attack this week was scary. That is who Meigs really is. If RV couldn't contain Kole Carter for much of the second half, no way they will contain Bartrum and Sheets both. Doubt they will contain either. Meigs has way more team speed. RV will not be able to handle the pace. Meigs is the fastest team to the line to run plays they will see this season. They better play a four man front against Meigs too. If I'm wrong I'll admit it, but I hope you bring you're Blue Devil hating self to Bidwell week 5 to see that one. I promise you playing teams like Eastern won't prepare them for Meigs. I love what RV is doing and think they are better than usual for sure, but they are not a better team than Meigs.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

:lol: Yea, Buddy!! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by bevo on Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

4thnpine wrote:give it up bevo and quit acting like you are from Gallia Academy and a Blue Devil fan. Nothing but negatives about GA for past few years while worshiping at the feet of all things RV. Hmmmmmm.... I wonder why that would be? :roll: :roll: :roll:
I don't worship anyone i just call it as i see it, and what positive has there been at GA for several years? Were now seeing this administrations fruit,after how they have done such a great job of first moving our High School to Centenary paying a huge amount of money for property in the highest tax district in the county, making it so that poor city kids can't participate in sports because they can't walk to and from practice. Building a much bigger and more expensive school (not only in construction also in operating costs) than we needed (Operating Levy soon to be on your ballot), now no money for a new football field and other facilities. Costing families a huge amount of money for kids to be on sports teams. Costing us a huge amount of tax money! No I'm not from RV you idiot, I'm pissed at our current situation and how we are handling things at the school where I graduated. I go to almost every GA game unless it's in Belfry,Ky or similar places.
I doubt you even know where 4thandpine is you moron!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I understand some of bevo's points listed above, but I wonder how many kids are living 'in town" and are wanting to play but cant get there? Doesn't the team still practice at Memorial Field? Is that not where the weight room is?
I don't think that the location of the school and field have any bearing on who comes out or doesn't.
Now as far as the "pay to participate" goes I would guess, yes it indeed does hinder some athletes.
If kids want to play, they and their parents, and the boosters will find a way.

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

I didn't care for the new school being moved to Centenary either. Centenary is not Gallipolis.

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

As I am not from Gallipolis, is the high school not within the city limits?

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

Bevo wrote:
4thnpine wrote:give it up bevo and quit acting like you are from Gallia Academy and a Blue Devil fan. Nothing but negatives about GA for past few years while worshiping at the feet of all things RV. Hmmmmmm.... I wonder why that would be? :roll: :roll: :roll:
I don't worship anyone i just call it as i see it, and what positive has there been at GA for several years? Were now seeing this administrations fruit,after how they have done such a great job of first moving our High School to Centenary paying a huge amount of money for property in the highest tax district in the county, making it so that poor city kids can't participate in sports because they can't walk to and from practice. Building a much bigger and more expensive school (not only in construction also in operating costs) than we needed (Operating Levy soon to be on your ballot), now no money for a new football field and other facilities. Costing families a huge amount of money for kids to be on sports teams. Costing us a huge amount of tax money! No I'm not from RV you idiot, I'm pissed at our current situation and how we are handling things at the school where I graduated. I go to almost every GA game unless it's in Belfry,Ky or similar places.

I call you out for who you are and you reply in typical Bevo fashion.... calling me an idiot and moron.... LMAO

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:I understand some of bevo's points listed above, but I wonder how many kids are living 'in town" and are wanting to play but cant get there? Doesn't the team still practice at Memorial Field? Is that not where the weight room is?
I don't think that the location of the school and field have any bearing on who comes out or doesn't.
Now as far as the "pay to participate" goes I would guess, yes it indeed does hinder some athletes.
If kids want to play, they and their parents, and the boosters will find a way.
They play 1 sport at Memorial field!!! and a separate weight room for the football team,or the kids have to travel from the High School to town to lift! Great arrangement!
If kids want to play, they and their parents, and the boosters will find a way. A little info on that statement. If there is a fee to participate in a sport and anyone other than the student or immediate family pays hat fee the student is ineligible to participate in any sports for that school year! you better watch what your posting. It is a screwed up mess and a few of the Board got favors from people over contracts let and a lot of back scratching went on when the new school was being planned and built. The whole current situation is a JOKE!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

4thnpine wrote:
Bevo wrote:

I call you out for who you are and you reply in typical Bevo fashion.... calling me an idiot and moron.... LMAO
Well as they say in the military if you throw grenades expect a few back, I don't take your sarcasm! if you don't like being called an idiot or moron, don't post like one. I don't retaliate until I am insulted or attacked. I don't put kids or anyone down I state my opinion if it hurts sorry,it's as close to the truth as I can find or I don't post! Don't like it don't read it!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Your statement was the poor city kids could not walk to and from practice, not true.
Your telling me that if I want to pay a childs sports fee as a booster or not, that they cant participate? That, is foolishness!
And anyway, I would say there are enough rich rural kids that would drive those poor city kids to practice anyway.
No weight to your argument Bevo.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

Absolutely not true BEVO there are a few kids in almost every sport every year that has someone sponsor them so they can play a sport. Only thing that has to be done is someone has to swallow there pride and let it be known they have a need. I have scene this from both ends. Had 3 children playing sports and we had lost an income. Someone sponsored one of my kids fee. Since then i made it known that if a kid was in need i would be willing to help and i sponsored a kid and payed his fee. As far as i know every coach my son or daughters have ever had has let this be none at the parents meetings for every sport. If it was not mentioned there it usually was somewhere.

6&10
Waterboy

Post by 6&10 »

They play 1 sport at Memorial field!!! and a separate weight room for the football team,or the kids have to travel from the High School to town to lift! Great arrangement!
If kids want to play, they and their parents, and the boosters will find a way. A little info on that statement. If there is a fee to participate in a sport and anyone other than the student or immediate family pays hat fee the student is ineligible to participate in any sports for that school year! you better watch what your posting. It is a screwed up mess and a few of the Board got favors from people over contracts let and a lot of back scratching went on when the new school was being planned and built. The whole current situation is a JOKE![/quote]

absolutely 100% not true. And if you knew as much as you thought, a lot of the sports earn enough that the kids don't have to pay the fee...baseball, softball and football that I know of for sure.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

MOM!!
How long have you had kids in the city school system?
Are you a transplant from somewhere else?
You seem WIDE eyed and Bushy tailed on these subjects!!
This is about as screwed up as it gets!
What all sports play at Memorial field? Please tell us.
Why do we have to pay for 2 weight rooms?
Why do our kids have to travel to play sports?
Your just a little Blue Devil Thru and Thru, were you a cheerleader?
I have been to School Board meetings for years and know and see what goes on in this town, POLITICS!
Do you pay taxes to GAHS or another district? Because get ready for a big ole operating levy SOON!

6&10
Waterboy

Post by 6&10 »

Bevo wrote:MOM!!
How long have you had kids in the city school system?
Are you a transplant from somewhere else?
You seem WIDE eyed and Bushy tailed on these subjects!!
This is about as screwed up as it gets!
What all sports play at Memorial field? Please tell us.
Why do we have to pay for 2 weight rooms?
Why do our kids have to travel to play sports?
Your just a little Blue Devil Thru and Thru, were you a cheerleader?
I have been to School Board meetings for years and know and see what goes on in this town, POLITICS!
Do you pay taxes to GAHS or another district? Because get ready for a big ole operating levy SOON!

you are really a piece of work............Transplant, you wish...
The part I am telling you that you are wrong on is about the sports fee being paid by others. You need to investigate a little further.
Cheerleader, not hardly, unlike you.
I pay taxes to my GAHS, how about you....and "your blue devils"....that's some nerve saying that...... I don't think they want fans like you on their side. True fans back them regardless of win or loose. Society is the way it is today because of people like you...grow up and quit living your high school years.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Society is like it is because everyone wants to be politically correct and can't tell the truth just like our President and EX Sec of State! It never hurts to tell someone they need to get better or should we just pat them on the butt and say boys your really good, the cards are stacked against you!
Yea unfortunately i pay my taxes on a shoddy school built to satisfy the folks in the meadows! Built cheap to look like it belongs in Washington DC.
LOL your funny!

Return to “Football”