Week 2: Gallia Academy @ River Valley

me22
Waterboy

Re: Week 2: Gallia Academy @ River Valley

Post by me22 »

For RV to win they need to avoid giving GA the ball on short field---make them put together long drives for points---Avoid costly penalties and contain the QB

For GA to win they need to open up the playbook and find ways to spread the ball around---stop getting late hit and unsportsmanlike penalties---win the turnover battle

When its over I think River Valley wins this one---

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

People from gallia academy better bring a lawn chair. I think the visiting bleachers seat around 50 people.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Best of luck to both teams. I expect this to be the largest crowd to ever watch a game @ RVHS. As for the game, if RV can avoid the pitfalls of overhype and just play their very best, I see them winning a very entertaining game.

GO RAIDERS!!!!

This should be a great atmosphere for high school athletics. If you live in Gallia County you dont want to miss this one. Again, best of luck to both teams.

RAIDERS by 10 or so.

my prediction:

RV......21
GA.....10

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

I'm guessing RV wins but not because they are good but they're just not as bad as Gallia.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The VCVikings.com game of the week for week 2 article is up. Check it out at www.vcvikings.com

Good luck Raiders!!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Prep Expert wrote:People from gallia academy better bring a lawn chair. I think the visiting bleachers seat around 50 people.
I guess it doesn't matter if you play in a pasture field it's how you play good or bad?
Tonight my Blue Devils got Dominated

Final RV27- GA 13
RV 297yds of offense
GA 107 yds

Coaches get ready for next week Good luck next week Blue

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Jottings wrote:Would appreciate scores of the 1992, 1993 and 2001 grid scores between GAHS and River Valley.
Hobe,

Here are your missing scores:

1992: Gallipolis 38, River Valley 8
1993: Gallipolis 53, River Valely 6

2001: Gallipolis 56, River Valley 0

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Thanks.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

Congratulations river valley. very solid win... Better football team by far.... But need to clean several things up before you play the good teams on your schedule.

if This series is going to continue for a while the officials on the field need to keep control of the game much better then this group did tonight. There should of been at least 2 kids ejected tonight. One from each side on different incidences.

My blue devils lack of effort tonight was embarrassing. this is a game they should of competed in and they failed to compete.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Congrats Raiders on the win tonight. Good luck to both teams on the rest of the season. Have to pull for Gallia Academy next week vs. the Blue Lions-pull for anybody when they play Court House! Once a Panther always a Panther.

SouthGallia#1 in bball
Riding the Bench

Post by SouthGallia#1 in bball »

Whoa! I am right once again! Onward Ho!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

kvnchambers wrote:Congratulations river valley. very solid win... Better football team by far.... But need to clean several things up before you play the good teams on your schedule.

if This series is going to continue for a while the officials on the field need to keep control of the game much better then this group did tonight. There should of been at least 2 kids ejected tonight. One from each side on different incidences.

My blue devils lack of effort tonight was embarrassing. this is a game they should of competed in and they failed to compete.
If the Blue Devils can't put in a good effort against RV, who can they do it against?
They had better find some attitude or something or it will be a long year!
Congrats to The Raiders.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

I thought the Blue Devils did a good good last night of not giving up. When the game was 20-0 in the 3rd, they could have quit, but they did not. They out played the Raiders for the entire 3rd and half of the 4th to make this game very interesting and had the RV crowd sweating the outcome. Overall, a great evening for Gallia Co. Great win for the Raiders, now on to the next one. They play Eastern Meigs away and that is where the focus should be now.

I thought the Raiders left several points on the field last night. They were inside the 10 yard line at least 3 times last night and did not score. If they finish those drives this game could have gotten out of hand. But to GAHS's credit, they did not quit and kept RV out of the endzone. Best of luck to the Blue Devils moving forward. Their schedule does not get any easier and I can foresee this team possible not winning a game this year. I hope that is not the case, but the fact is, they have a lot of work to put in if they plan on competing with Logan, Point and the rest of the teams they have yet to play.

GO RAIDRES!!!......Build on this one and get ready for the Eagles!!!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

hoopshothead wrote:I thought the Blue Devils did a good good last night of not giving up. When the game was 20-0 in the 3rd, they could have quit, but they did not. They out played the Raiders for the entire 3rd and half of the 4th to make this game very interesting and had the RV crowd sweating the outcome. Overall, a great evening for Gallia Co. Great win for the Raiders, now on to the next one. They play Eastern Meigs away and that is where the focus should be now.

I thought the Raiders left several points on the field last night. They were inside the 10 yard line at least 3 times last night and did not score. If they finish those drives this game could have gotten out of hand. But to GAHS's credit, they did not quit and kept RV out of the endzone. Best of luck to the Blue Devils moving forward. Their schedule does not get any easier and I can foresee this team possible not winning a game this year. I hope that is not the case, but the fact is, they have a lot of work to put in if they plan on competing with Logan, Point and the rest of the teams they have yet to play.

GO RAIDRES!!!......Build on this one and get ready for the Eagles!!!
From a Blue Devil fan, i never thought we ever out played RV for 2 secs! It took all but 1:30 of the 3rd qtr to drive 80 yds and score and the scored was on 4th and 8 Lol. 3 stupid personal fouls from RV gave Us some new life!
I thought the RV qb Hardway missed 2 or 3 TDs, were lucky this score wasn't 45 to 7. The Raiders looked solid and young, they are a better team than Meigs!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

kvnchambers wrote:Congratulations river valley. very solid win... Better football team by far.... But need to clean several things up before you play the good teams on your schedule.

Good Lord stop your whining! The officials did a good job of controlling themselves and not ejecting players! Late hits are not penaltied that require ejection. In a rivalry the last thing you do is start throwing folks out! RV just smacked the devils in the mouth and were much more aggressive!

4thnpine
Freshman Team

Post by 4thnpine »

give it up bevo and quit acting like you are from Gallia Academy and a Blue Devil fan. Nothing but negatives about GA for past few years while worshiping at the feet of all things RV. Hmmmmmm.... I wonder why that would be? :roll: :roll: :roll:

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

No offense bevo but i am not talking about late hits. One was a basically a throat punch from gallia Acadmey player almost 30 yards away from the action. And the other one was a river valley player stepping on a gallia acadmey player after a play. Both times a official jumped in but no flag thrown. I am just saying as much other junk as went on the game could of got out of control but didn't. I thought teams did a good job of controlling it but refs didn't both benches pulled the player that caused the problem off the field almost immediate to allow situation to cool down before reinserting the player.

And i have no problems saying river valley was much more physical and handed it to the blue devils. That has nothing to do with the extra crap that a few players involved in.

Just have scene this kind of thing end rivalries in the past because when things get to rowdy on the field it can spill over in the stands and create a bad atmosphere. This is a game i would like see played for a long time and would hate to see stupid things ruin it.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Congrats in the win. Be nice if the final score of these games was added in the title.

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

As a Gallia Academy alumni, I'm happy to see this game back on the schedule. The blue devils aren't exactly what they used to be, and River Valley seems to be improving so it's good for both programs right now. I hate that the series had to restart when Gallia is possibly at one of it's lowest points in years, but I guess the series wouldn't have even been discussed if that weren't the case.

I was wondering... with Gallia joining the 8 school OVC next year they are only going to have 3 non league games available. I would think they would want to keep the long time rivalry games with Meigs, Point Pleasant, Jackson, and River Valley on the schedule. However, that would make 4 games when only 3 will be available. So the question is who gets dropped?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

ask yourself why did this so called rivalry stop? ask yourself why did they want to play this so bad this particular year?

Return to “Football”