Week 2: Alexander @ Chesapeake

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Week 2: Alexander @ Chesapeake

Post by Orange and Brown »

maniac66 wrote:
spartans_fan wrote:I don't know much about Chesapeake. The Spartans are led by a ton of seniors this year. The program is rebuilding, but have a window of potential success this year. I am sure this is going to be a very good game. I think the team with the most rushing yards are going to win this game.

Go Alex.
Not causing a stir but if your team has a lot of Seniors how can it be a rebuilding year?
Isn't that a year that they should be at their best ?
Or are these players that never played .
Just asking
They have a second year coach, last year they won 5 games after only winning 1 or 2 the year before. Coach Penrod has done an excellent job, but the program has gone through a few really tough years and despite having 22 seniors next year and the year after is when folks will see all the hard work pay off.
That's not to say they cant/won't surprise some folks this year though.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

maniac66 wrote:
spartans_fan wrote:I don't know much about Chesapeake. The Spartans are led by a ton of seniors this year. The program is rebuilding, but have a window of potential success this year. I am sure this is going to be a very good game. I think the team with the most rushing yards are going to win this game.

Go Alex.
Not causing a stir but if your team has a lot of Seniors how can it be a rebuilding year?
Isn't that a year that they should be at their best ?
Or are these players that never played .
Just asking
I should have said that the program is in a rebuilding process. This team is learning how to win and play the game at a high level. I am hoping for this to be a year where they are at their best, they just have to fight through adversity when it comes. Should be is not always reality when it has not been proven. That is why I said the program is in a rebuilding process. I agree with O&B, coach Penrod and his staff has done an amazing job with this program in building excitement and commitment.

*edit After reading it, I did say the program is rebuilding. O&B said it best.

Go Alex!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Peake 38 Alex 24

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Panthers

Chesapeake 35
Alexander 21

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

Any update on this game?

Bear
Freshman Team

Post by Bear »

9-3 Peake after a nearly two hour delay at half time!

Cpeake740
Waterboy

Post by Cpeake740 »

Good win for the peake. Very impressed with the defense

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Congratulations to Chesapeake. They are a very discipline, athletic and well coached football team. They do not make mistakes and do not beat themselves. I thought that was the difference in the game. Alexander gave up too many opportunities with turnovers, lack of execution and mental mistakes. The Spartans have to get better at the little things in order to beat a team like Chesapeake.

Good luck to the Panthers the rest of the way. I hope you get a ton of points from the Spartans with the wins we hope to get down the road.

Go Alex!

Bear
Freshman Team

Post by Bear »

The game was locked up by the Peake on a fourth and four play where the Peake was prepared to punt. Luckily for the panthers Alexander had 12 men on the feild. This mistake gave the game to the Peake. Alexander will win some games this year, and were a couple of dropped passed from winning last night.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

To many mistakes for the Spartans. Flags, fumbles and dropped passed costed them the game. Luckily the Panthers took advantage of Alex's miscues.
Good luck the rest of the way Spartans!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Bounce back Sparty !

Return to “Football”