WEEK 2 RUSSELL KY. @ IRONTON YOUR THOUGHTS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WEEK 2 RUSSELL KY. @ IRONTON YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm hearing the red devils are purty aggressive. but frankly I have no idea about them.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I would hope that the Ironton coaching staff realizes that the short passes to #6 need to be worked into the offense a little more. He has good hands. If passing becomes part of the plan, instead of a last resort, Ironton will be a better team.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

agreed

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

4th n Goal wrote:I would hope that the Ironton coaching staff realizes that the short passes to #6 need to be worked into the offense a little more. He has good hands. If passing becomes part of the plan, instead of a last resort, Ironton will be a better team.
a QB of this quality should be getting 15-20 attempts per game EVERY GAME, now don't get me wrong the POWER RUNNING will work awesome against teams like rock hill , fairland , etc etc but even in those games that QB needs those attempts and as I said before his INT % will be very low cause hes football smart!!!

I just hate to see the QB only allowed to throw when a PASS is needed (that alters the defense tremendously) I mean look at coal grove they just had 71 plays in game and 66 of those was running GEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

week 11 will be here before you know it though, if in fact you are in a position to be in the playoffs. you better be multi faceted then. or you get closed down quick.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the days of running over and mauling teams is over. you may get by with it here n there. look at ohio state's different formations and approaches. that is absolutely must's in todays game. even in high school. much more creative now.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:the days of running over and mauling teams is over. you may get by with it here n there. look at ohio state's different formations and approaches. that is absolutely must's in todays game. even in high school. much more creative now.
HOMERUN for bait you nailed it LOL

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

20-25 passing plays? A QB of this quality? Wait are you the QB in question? Cause that sounds like something only a player would say. He's a 1st year starting QB who is decent at throwing the ball, but his decision making skills need to improve. You don't experiment versus a team like Burg you run what you do best. Now play calling could have been way better, but this is Ironton-Russell thread so let's talk about that.

Ironton might win if the play calling gets better and the offense decides it wants to actually block and do something. If not we should just bulldoze the field and make a parking lot out of it.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:the days of running over and mauling teams is over. you may get by with it here n there. look at ohio state's different formations and approaches. that is absolutely must's in todays game. even in high school. much more creative now.
College and Pro are much different that high school there you can RECRUIT guys that fit your system and a mutiple offensive strategy in high school you can only play with the guys you got.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

tigercannon71 wrote:20-25 passing plays? A QB of this quality? Wait are you the QB in question? Cause that sounds like something only a player would say. He's a 1st year starting QB who is decent at throwing the ball, but his decision making skills need to improve. You don't experiment versus a team like Burg you run what you do best. Now play calling could have been way better, but this is Ironton-Russell thread so let's talk about that.

Ironton might win if the play calling gets better and the offense decides it wants to actually block and do something. If not we should just bulldoze the field and make a parking lot out of it.
he should have started QB last year(yes as a sophomore), I am not the QB in question if he isn't allowed those attempts the same result will happen in /IF we get to week 11 , 12 , 13 against wheelersburg/whoever!! his decision making skills are there never once seem him throw a forced pass!(LOW INT%) the interception in endzone was a design play !!!

what is unbelievable running power run football and on a 3rd and 1 run a SWEEP PLAY TO LOSE 4 YDS !!! I don't know who calls the plays but on that play right there a HEAD COACH NEEDS TO STEP UP (call time / do whatever but ask yourself is that the play to be called ) and I don't care if that play goes for a TD its the WRONG PLAY!!!

now I am sorry for ranting and raving I agree back to Russell
GO TIGERS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

tigercannon71 wrote:
College and Pro are much different that high school there you can RECRUIT guys that fit your system and a mutiple offensive strategy in high school you can only play with the guys you got.
true nuff and you can't do the same thing every series either.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Ironto gets the w this week but the next 2 games after this one are the true measuring sticks.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

An Ironton loss to Russell would do serious damage to Ironton's playoff chances.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Ironton wins!

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Gray Fighting Tiger wrote:An Ironton loss to Russell would do serious damage to Ironton's playoff chances.
And to keeping the current staff. Or at least it should. But I think Tigers win this one handily.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Going with the Tigers.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

me too trench. they have a quality team that will win some games if they act disciplined and aggressive.

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: Guess who FORREST is taking in this matchup? If you guessed the RED DEVILS over the kitties you are correct my friend. This game will be close in the first two minutes of the game then RUSSELL will take them kitties to the chopping block.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

really forrest

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

I AM FORREST wrote:FORREST SAYS: Guess who FORREST is taking in this matchup? If you guessed the RED DEVILS over the kitties you are correct my friend. This game will be close in the first two minutes of the game then RUSSELL will take them kitties to the chopping block.
I think you will be wrong this time forrest but I am really curious as to why u say that with this game ??

a loss here would be a crippling blow to TIGERS and send them to a (6-4 / 5-5 season) NO PLAYOFFS

gonna be extremely HOT and STICKY for this game

Return to “Football”