OVC Preview Schedule

sballchck
Freshman Team

Re: OVC Preview Schedule

Post by sballchck »

dreamweaver wrote:No one is saying how these teams LOOK. Same as always? which is usually just short of real bad,.or is anyone better this year? Did Rock Hill field a team?
Dreamweacer
Settle down, feller. We are watching the next game. I'm sure there will be plenty of analysis in due time.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

After 1 qtr
Ironton 7
South Point 0

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

South Point 15
Ironton 14

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

dreamweaver wrote:No one is saying how these teams LOOK. Same as always? which is usually just short of real bad,.or is anyone better this year? Did Rock Hill field a team?

Yes, Rock Hill fielded a team. They "beat" Fairland 10-7. Analyzing previews is kind of pointless. I've seen teams "win" their preview game and then go 0-10 when it counts.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:South Point 15
Ironton 14
as our old pal from the nba allen Iverson once said ITS JUST PRACTICE!!!! when this game is played on October 30 the outcome will be 40's to 14!!

great job to both NO INJURYS

Docw
Riding the Bench

Post by Docw »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
Henry Jones, Jr. wrote:South Point 15
Ironton 14
as our old pal from the nba allen Iverson once said ITS JUST PRACTICE!!!! when this game is played on October 30 the outcome will be 40's to 14!!

great job to both NO INJURYS
So you're saying South Point will drop over 40 points on the Tigers! Lol

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

that was TIGERS winning 40's to 14 my bad LOL

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Sounds like a good night of football for the ovc!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Palladino, fullback, and the tall wide out is it. They better get better and quick or it's going to be a long season. They are not quick laterally. South point looked week and at times pushed the tigers back. QB has a nice ball if given time.

Bear
Freshman Team

Post by Bear »

It was a good day of practice. Lots of young boys got to gain some game like experience.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote:Palladino, fullback, and the tall wide out is it. They better get better and quick or it's going to be a long season. They are not quick laterally. South point looked week and at times pushed the tigers back. QB has a nice ball if given time.
You didn't get to see Irontons other starting RB Barker, he didn't dress. He's as tough as nails on both sides of the ball.

Good to see the Tigers working on their Passing game.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Wow, according to updates, the loosing team after first quarter, came back & pounced. Except the RH scrimmage.
Must've been playing the entire squads.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I liked how the scrimmage went. Would have liked to see Barker play but no sense in taking any chances. Also had another young man that didn't dress that will play a lot. Pretty well went according to plan I would say. Didn't show anything and got in a little work. I guess that is why you scrimmage.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

tjhtygeverve wrote:Wow, according to updates, the loosing team after first quarter, came back & pounced. Except the RH scrimmage.
Must've been playing the entire squads.
Ironton played almost everyone. South Point stuck with their first string the whole time. Some teams played to win, others worked on things. The winning team was not always the better team. The scores during the regular season will bear this out.

Rv BallerBoy
Waterboy

Post by Rv BallerBoy »

Rock hill and fairland both did not look that good.
Portsmouth and gallia neither team looked good either.
Chesapeake looked pretty good like they could have a comptive team this year.
Coal grove looked the same on defense as Chesapeake but there offense could use some work.
South point looked good on defense but looked like there offense could use some work not a lot but alittle.
Ironton only took out there varsity with two min. Left in the game at that time it was 14-7 ironton. With that being said the offense needs work the only people that did something was palledeno and des young had a couple big plays other then that it needs work. There defense how ever looked good on the run game up the middle but if it was a sweep or reverse the struggled I get one of there best players was out but one person don't make a team.

I think the ovc will look like this when the season is over

1. South point
2 &3. Cheesepeke or ironton (I think that will be a good game)
4. Coal grove
5. Portsmouth
6. Rock hill
7. Fairland

I left gallia out cause the don't join the ovc until basketball season

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Thx, RRR... I figured all would play all. Kinda curious as to why the two fighting tigers didn't play. Pm me if you have the time. It's been a LONGGGG August waiting for this & especially the webcasts. It's when we have new schedule bid & I flex my seniority & claim weekends for IHS football webcasts. It's always @ end of July,thank goodness for our union for the priveledge!!! Will miss that when I move back to the tri-state.
Gotigersgo!!!

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Hard to believe Ironton even let South Point score at all. What is going on with all that talent?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

mufan95 wrote:Rock hill and fairland both did not look that good.
Portsmouth and gallia neither team looked good either.
Chesapeake looked pretty good like they could have a comptive team this year.
Coal grove looked the same on defense as Chesapeake but there offense could use some work.
South point looked good on defense but looked like there offense could use some work not a lot but alittle.
Ironton only took out there varsity with two min. Left in the game at that time it was 14-7 ironton. With that being said the offense needs work the only people that did something was palledeno and des young had a couple big plays other then that it needs work. There defense how ever looked good on the run game up the middle but if it was a sweep or reverse the struggled I get one of there best players was out but one person don't make a team.

I think the ovc will look like this when the season is over

1. South point
2 &3. Cheesepeke or ironton (I think that will be a good game)
4. Coal grove
5. Portsmouth
6. Rock hill
7. Fairland

I left gallia out cause the don't join the ovc until basketball season

I think I'll stick with River Rat Rays observation. Your 8 posts tell me all I needed to know...

Postby RiverRatRay » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:51 pm:
"Ironton played almost everyone. South Point stuck with their first string the whole time. Some teams played to win, others worked on things. The winning team was not always the better team. The scores during the regular season will bear this out."
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Ironton was never showing their cards from the beginning.
This was a night to let the seniors play and have some fun together
For about two minutes you saw most of the starting team until Paladino ran his second TD
Then it was the subs.

South point had their 1st team in from the beginning to end.

I would go as far as to say Ironton 50 or as high as Vass allows to maybe 7.
My bet would be Ironton up by 35 at the half.
Last edited by IBTT on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rv BallerBoy
Waterboy

Post by Rv BallerBoy »

[quote="IBTT"]Ironton was never showing their cards from the beginning.
This was a night to let the seniors play and have some fun together and then for about two minutes you saw most of the starting team and then it was the subs.

South point had their 1st team in from the beginning to end.

I would go as far as to say Ironton 50 or as high as Vass allows to maybe 7.
My bet would be Ironton up by 35 at the half.[/quote]

If this was a night to let the seniors play together and have fun then why did a freshman play with the first string?

Return to “Football”