What improvements would you like for your league to make?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: What improvements would you like for your league to make

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I miss the ole seoal of the 70's.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

eagles73 wrote:
GoBucks1047 wrote: And I'm not sure how easy it would be for this to happen and I'm sure it'd take a bit of funding for this, but I would kinda like to see Western add football
Just saw on Facebook that Wetern Pike is starting a flag football program.
What grade levels? And where at on Facebook? Tried looking for it.

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

The Hawkin needs to improve ther refs so Racine can win some championships. Some of them teams hire them homer refs that just flat out cheat Ima tellin ya. Trimble lets ther coaches ref and Wahoma always hires that ther preacher from Mason and even lets ther principle ref.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I miss the ole seoal of the 70's.
I miss the Logan Ironton series in the 2000 it was just getting interesting!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

It's under western elementary. Right now it said k-6 flag football.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

eagles73 wrote:It's under western elementary. Right now it said k-6 flag football.
I wonder if the high school will start a Junior High football program in a few years. With Western only having golf and cross country in boys fall sports and being the 3rd largest in SOC I. I feel like they would be the most likely SOC school to add football next. New Boston and South Webster are soccer schools and wouldn't add football. Clay doesn't even have a place in their township to possibly build a football field without taking out farmland or messing up their baseball field where the soccer team currently plays on and even though they are starting a K-3 flag football this year, I don't see football going past 6th grade for Clay. Football would kill the rest of their boys fall sports program.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

LHS 72 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:I miss the ole seoal of the 70's.
I miss the Logan Ironton series in the 2000 it was just getting interesting!

do you mean when ya'll actually started winning a few of em. :aaaaa24
just yankin yer chain my friend.

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

The SEOAL should realistically look something like this. I think you might be able to get Marietta on board for something like this if Athens were receptive, but getting them to leave the TVC for a league with similar schools would be almost impossible. Gallipolis should remain in the OVC. Their numbers are steadily on the decline and are now more in line with the other schools down on the river. I think the new OVC will be an exciting league to follow for years to come with the additions of Portsmouth, Ironton, and Gallipolis.

Logan
Athens
Jackson
Warren
Marietta
Parkesburg South, WV

How the TVC Ohio should look. A competitive league of mid size/small county schools without the Athens juggernaut.

Vinton County
Meigs
River Valley
Alexander
Nelsonville York
Wellston

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Prince of Darkness wrote:The SEOAL should realistically look something like this. I think you might be able to get Marietta on board for something like this if Athens were receptive, but getting them to leave the TVC for a league with similar schools would be impossible. Gallipolis should remain in the OVC. Their numbers are steadily on the decline and are now more in line with the other schools down on the river. I think the new OVC will be an exciting league to follow for years to come with the additions of Portsmouth, Ironton, and Gallipolis.

Logan
Athens
Jackson
Warren
Marietta
Parkesburg South, WV

How the TVC Ohio should look. A competitive league of mid size/small county schools without the Athens juggernaut.

Vinton County
Meigs
River Valley
Alexander
Nelsonville York
Wellston
That's actually pretty good. It's just getting the schools to come together to join the SEOAL that'd be the hard part. You could also consider Ripley, WV and Parkersburg, WV as 7th and 8th teams. For Ripley, WV, US-33 and I-77 mostly connects to most (not Jackson) of the proposed SEAOL, and it's around an hour and 20 minutes to Jackson and Logan, around an hour to Athens, Marietta, and Warren, and around 45 minutes to the Parkersburg schools. The longest trip in the conference would still be Jacksom-Marietta at an hour and 40 minutes. Point Pleasent, WV could also be considered being a former member, but that may spread out the SEOAL a little too far if they would be added instead of Athens, Ripley, or Parkersburg. Point Pleasent and Ripley would be D-III in Ohio.

greyhoundsbob
Waterboy

Post by greyhoundsbob »

GoBucks1047 wrote:
Prince of Darkness wrote:The SEOAL should realistically look something like this. I think you might be able to get Marietta on board for something like this if Athens were receptive, but getting them to leave the TVC for a league with similar schools would be impossible. Gallipolis should remain in the OVC. Their numbers are steadily on the decline and are now more in line with the other schools down on the river. I think the new OVC will be an exciting league to follow for years to come with the additions of Portsmouth, Ironton, and Gallipolis.

Logan
Athens
Jackson
Warren
Marietta
Parkesburg South, WV

Vinton County
Meigs
River Valley
Alexander
Nelsonville York
Wellston
That's actually pretty good. It's just getting the schools to come together to join the SEOAL that'd be the hard part. You could also consider Ripley, WV and Parkersburg, WV as 7th and 8th teams. For Ripley, WV, US-33 and I-77 mostly connects to most (not Jackson) of the proposed SEAOL, and it's around an hour and 20 minutes to Jackson and Logan, around an hour to Athens, Marietta, and Warren, and around 45 minutes to the Parkersburg schools. The longest trip in the conference would still be Jacksom-Marietta at an hour and 40 minutes. Point Pleasent, WV could also be considered being a former member, but that may spread out the SEOAL a little too far if they would be added instead of Athens, Ripley, or Parkersburg. Point Pleasent and Ripley would be D-III in Ohio.
I disagree, I kept it at one WV school to keep travel concerns at an absolute minimum. That would be making the same mistake the SEOAL made the last time they expanded by trying to go too big. It's not like any of this will happen anyway. I think it could work and would be good for the larger schools in the area as well as get the TVC schools away from Athens, but logic never seems to triumph in southeastern Ohio.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Prince of Darkness wrote:
GoBucks1047 wrote:

Logan
Athens
Jackson
Warren
Marietta
Parkesburg South, WV

Vinton County
Meigs
River Valley
Alexander
Nelsonville York
Wellston
I disagree, I kept it at one WV school to keep travel concerns at an absolute minimum. That would be making the same mistake the SEOAL made the last time they expanded by trying to go too big. It's not like any of this will happen anyway. I think it could work and would be good for the larger schools in the area as well as get the TVC schools away from Athens, but logic never seems to triumph in southeastern Ohio.
I can understand you're thinking, and your proposal would work pretty well but I don't think adding Parkersburg, WV would do any harm since there would be 4 schools in a conference within 15 minutes of each other and it adds another conference game (2 in all other sports). I can see the concern with Ripley being 45 minutes away from the nearest schools and there would be positives and negatives about adding them. Same can be said about Point Pleasant, but I would only see them getting in if Gallia would be in it too, but like you said, Gallia should stay in the OVC. And I can see why you and other people would be skittish about SEOAL expansion, but I think it'd be a lot better for the SEOAL going to 7 or 8 teams with also adding Parkersburg and maybe Ripley and the longest trips being an hour and 20-40 minutes rather than adding Chillicothe, Ironton, Portsmouth, and Zanesville for 10 teams and the longest trips 2.5-3 hours. You could even also add Point Pleasant and Gallia, won't happen, to make 10 teams and no trip would be longer than an hour and 40 minutes with the majority of the trips an hour or less. Sure none these ideas will probably never happen, but I think it's interesting to think what could be or could've been.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

GoBucks1047 wrote:
eagles73 wrote:It's under western elementary. Right now it said k-6 flag football.
I wonder if the high school will start a Junior High football program in a few years. With Western only having golf and cross country in boys fall sports and being the 3rd largest in SOC I. I feel like they would be the most likely SOC school to add football next. New Boston and South Webster are soccer schools and wouldn't add football. Clay doesn't even have a place in their township to possibly build a football field without taking out farmland or messing up their baseball field where the soccer team currently plays on and even though they are starting a K-3 flag football this year, I don't see football going past 6th grade for Clay. Football would kill the rest of their boys fall sports program.
I am pretty sure this is either the 2nd or 3rd year for Clay having football. I think they have more than just flag football as well. I have heard rumors of them negotiating to use Spartan Stadium if they ever do make it to Jr High football. A school their size can not sustain football and soccer, so something will have to give if this keeps progressing.

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

4th n Goal wrote:
GoBucks1047 wrote:
I am pretty sure this is either the 2nd or 3rd year for Clay having football. I think they have more than just flag football as well. I have heard rumors of them negotiating to use Spartan Stadium if they ever do make it to Jr High football. A school their size can not sustain football and soccer, so something will have to give if this keeps progressing.
I've only seen it advertised once and that was back in the spring and had advertised for K-3. If they had done it for their 2nd or 3rd year this year, then they managed to keep the students out of the loop about football. As for negotiations to use Spartan Stadium, I honestly wouldn't know. And the way Clay's sports program is, some students will play 2 sports in a sports seasons, it could even be football or cross country/golf/soccer.

Return to “Football”