Gallia Academy vs River Valley Rivalry could be renewed 15

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Gallia Academy vs River Valley Rivalry could be renewed

Post by Orange and Brown »

6-4 is pretty mediocre lol
Your standard of greatness needs to be set just a little higher.

River Valley had some pretty good kids last year. They beat themselves with a lot of dropped passes and stupid mistakes. From the 2 games iI watched (NY and Alexander) they didn't have some of the kids in the right positions for whatever reason.

I've talked to former coaches from RV and they all said the same thing thing in a nut she'll (the parents and most of the kids don't understand that you can't just show up and start winning games. It takes lots and lots of work in the off-season and kids haven't been all in.)
If they can repeat what they did last year or pick up another win or 2 and keep the coaching staff intact, then you will see things turn around, but it's gonna take the parents getting out of the way and the kids getting motivated to work their Butts off.

Take some pride in your program, get out and encourage the kids to play, and try to talk them up and keep them moving in the right direction.
When you take pride in your program your kids will start to take pride in your program and when that happens,good things will start happening.

It's time for you guys to focus on the future. You are a great fit for the TVC and I look for good things to happen in the next couple years.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

i think the parents of the players and the players that are on the roster now. have bought in. There is beginning to be a new attitude there. You just don't see it on here. it will take time but things are changing.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Orange and Brown wrote:6-4 is pretty mediocre lol

River Valley had some pretty good kids last year. They beat themselves with a lot of dropped passes and stupid mistakes. From the 2 games iI watched (NY and Alexander) they didn't have some of the kids in the right positions for whatever reason.

I've talked to former coaches from RV and they all said the same thing thing in a nut she'll (the parents and most of the kids don't understand that you can't just show up and start winning games. It takes lots and lots of work in the off-season and kids haven't been all in.)
If they can repeat what they did last year or pick up another win or 2 and keep the coaching staff intact, then you will see things turn around, but it's gonna take the parents getting out of the way and the kids getting motivated to work their Butts off.

Take some pride in your program, get out and encourage the kids to play, and try to talk them up and keep them moving in the right direction.
When you take pride in your program your kids will start to take pride in your program and when that happens,good things will start happening.

It's time for you guys to focus on the future. You are a great fit for the TVC and I look for good things to happen in the next couple years.
It's above .500. That's the best the school has ever done, including a win over your Buckeyes that year. Therefore, that's the standard for now. Not saying they shouldn't strive for better. If things keep going the way they are, they may get over that hump. They might do it this year. I see them winning there first three, and beating Wellston and probably Vinton County in the league. That's 5. Honestly, Meigs can go either way, but they have historically had RV's number. RV has only beat them in '03 a one other time, (3-0 against TVC Ohio that year). Athens will probably still be a loss for now. I know nothing about Shadyside. So I'll say hi can bank on 5 and as many as 7 can come. We will see.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

RV beat Meigs in 93 and 94, not sure if there were other times too

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BlizzardMan wrote:

It's above .500. That's the best the school has ever done, including a win over your Buckeyes that year. Therefore, that's the standard for now. Not saying they shouldn't strive for better. If things keep going the way they are, they may get over that hump. They might do it this year. I see them winning there first three, and beating Wellston and probably Vinton County in the league. That's 5. Honestly, Meigs can go either way, but they have historically had RV's number. RV has only beat them in '03 a one other time, (3-0 against TVC Ohio that year). Athens will probably still be a loss for now. I know nothing about Shadyside. So I'll say hi can bank on 5 and as many as 7 can come. We will see.
Cold Lips, I have held my tongue long enough!
That team of 03 was not even close to being the best team that RV ever had!! The teams of the early years of RV which had SG in the mix of 93 and so on that beat GA and Logan, Pt Pleasant and Meigs would have destroyed your 03 team!! They played in the SEOAL and against the Ironton's of the world and GA's who made the playoffs on a consistent basis. They played teams who were on a whole different level at that point. You continue to beat your chest an are totally blind to the obvious!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Bevo wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:

Cold Lips, I have held my tongue long enough!
That team of 03 was not even close to being the best team that RV ever had!! The teams of the early years of RV which had SG in the mix of 93 and so on that beat GA and Logan, Pt Pleasant and Meigs would have destroyed your 03 team!! They played in the SEOAL and against the Ironton's of the world and GA's who made the playoffs on a consistent basis. They played teams who were on a whole different level at that point. You continue to beat your chest an are totally blind to the obvious!
I discounted when the HT kids were part of the fold. I'll agree with that. However, record wise it is what it is. Don't discount a team that beat a stud NY team in '03.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Getting back to the discussion of this topic.....I am hearing (not confirming) that the Week 2 matchup WILL be RV vs GA.

I will hold back for now, till it is DEFINITELY confirmed!

EagleFan89
JV Team

Post by EagleFan89 »

As part of that rumor, does Chillicothe Southeastern have a new opponent?

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

chillicothie southeastern does not have a new opponent for that week yet. but they have listed on ohsaa website that they are looking for a varsity game week 2 of this year. Now is this them looking for a replacement and if they get it. letting river valley out. or is this already a done deal. seem like it is closer to reality. game was posted 7-1-15

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Bevo wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:
Bevo wrote:word on the street is that these two could play this fall?
This may be RV's best team ever IMHO maybe GA's worst in 20 yrs.

Like to see this come about.
I feel like RV can win this one. However, while I understand their skill players are loaded and could be the best collective group (however I think our team in '03 still tops them) but didn't they lose a lot on the line? If so, I wouldn't automatically assume they are gong to be vastly improved from last season.
Really kind of tired of hearing about that 03 team , and i'll guarantee by reading his posts he wasn't the smartest lineman on that team , hehe!
JMO nothing personal!
Frosty boy seems a little edgy and is taking this message board thing too serious, BTW when you guys>>>>> Meatswinger vs Blizzardman <<<<< when does this titanic match up take place. Can we get weight and height stats?
BlizzardBoy - sponsored by Dairy Queen - 5-7, 280. 67 inches tall and a 67 inch waist. The guys is a perfect circle. Known for having the biggest and most corrosive mouth on seops. Also, was the best linemen ever at RV, just ask him.

Meatswinger - 5-8, 130. Sponsored by Spam. The best player to never earn a varsity letter anywhere.

This is one for the ages. The battle should be the halftime show at the RV-GA game in week 2. That would be funny. The prize - a lifetime supply of cookie dough blizzards for blizzard bag if he wins or a lifetime membership at luckeydoos 24 hour fitness if meat swinger wins.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

5'7. Not quite that short. 280 huh? Not quite. That's ok. Call me fat. At least I have a set. I never ever pretended to be the best linemen in RV history. I believe a team I played on is in the discussion for the best and I'd put our line against anybody's. That is true. Here's the reality, I know this game. I can talk circles around you. You provide noting of substance. All you can do is throw insults. You are a pathetic insecure human being who probably very few people actually like, but many might pretend to. So live you're sad existence and continue on. I'll continue to improve my self and my life while you pretend lie you're somebody when in reality you're just a nobody who only feels better by bringing others down. I'm sure you'll respond so you can have the last word. Go ahead and take it, but at the end of the day, you'll still be the immature pathetic piece of trash you have always been. Goodbye.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

BlizzardBag wrote:Yea I'm 5'7". Yes I'm that short and 280? Yes. Call me fat cause I am. At least I have a set of scales that tells me I'm fat. I never ever pretended to be the best linemen in RV history cause quite frankly I'm prolly the worst. I believe a team I played on is in the discussion for the worst 6-4 team in state history and I'd put our line against anybody's team that went 0-10 or worse. That is true. Here's the reality, I know this game, and I know I couldn't play it very well but behind the computer screen I can be good if I want to. I can talk circles around you that are bigger than the circle around my gut. You provide noting of substance but you do speak the truth about me. All you can do is throw insults however true they may be. I am a pathetic insecure human being who probably very few people actually like, but many might pretend to. So I live my sad existence and continue on. I'll continue to prove my self to be short, fat, slow and weak and my life even weaker while I pretend and lie on here that I am somebody when in reality I'm just a nobody who only feels better by bringing others down. I'm sure you'll respond so you can have the last word. Go ahead and take it, but at the end of the day, I'll still be the more immature pathetic piece of trash I have always been. Goodbye.
I hope his goodbye doesn't mean he is thinking of doing something crazy? :mrgreen:

Rutterkickballer
Freshman Team

Post by Rutterkickballer »

BlizzardBag wrote:5'7. Not quite that short. 280 huh? Not quite. That's ok. Call me fat. At least I have a set of breasts. I never ever pretended to be the best linemen in RV history. I believe a team I played on is in the discussion for the best and I'd put our line against anybody's. That is true. Here's the reality, I know this game. I can talk circles around you. You provide noting of substance. All you can do is throw insults. You are a pathetic insecure human being who probably very few people actually like, but many might pretend to. So live you're sad existence and continue on. I'll continue to improve my self and my life while you pretend lie you're somebody when in reality you're just a nobody who only feels better by bringing others down. I'm sure you'll respond so you can have the last word. Go ahead and take it, but at the end of the day, you'll still be the immature pathetic piece of trash you have always been. Goodbye.
Two questions:

1. is the game actually going to happen?

2. Are these dorks actually gonna be there?

i might skip our game to come watch
Last edited by Rutterkickballer on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

BlizzardBoy wrote:
BlizzardBag wrote:I'm the most round lineman in the history of Ohio HS football at 5'2" 250lbs.
No I'm the most round at 5'7" 280lbs.
Looks like a titanic match-up brewing in Gallia County. :mrgreen:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Ground Buck wrote:
BlizzardBoy wrote:
BlizzardBag wrote:I'm the most round lineman in the history of Ohio HS football at 5'2" 250lbs.
No I'm the most round at 5'7" 280lbs.
Looks like a titanic match-up brewing in Gallia County. :mrgreen:
Nah, meatslinger can't afford to go anywhere unless it's the first of the month.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

By the way.....getting back to the TOPIC.....lol

This game is now officially happening. Week 2, on Saturday night Sept 5 at RV.

EagleFan89
JV Team

Post by EagleFan89 »

Original poster was right, back on June 18th.

Any word on if SOutheasteren found a new game? Riverview East in Cincy may be only OHSAA team available.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

EagleFan89 wrote:Original poster was right, back on June 18th.

Any word on if SOutheasteren found a new game? Riverview East in Cincy may be only OHSAA team available.

As far as I know eaglefan, they are still looking for a Week 2 game. It is listed on the OHSAA website open games page.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

RVRaiderFan wrote:

As far as I know eaglefan, they are still looking for a Week 2 game. It is listed on the OHSAA website open games page.
I wouldn't let someone out of a game unless I had another team to fill that slot.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Orange and Brown wrote:
RVRaiderFan wrote:

I wouldn't let someone out of a game unless I had another team to fill that slot.
Seems pretty logical to me.

Return to “Football”