Division V, Region 17

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: Division V, Region 17

Post by Trojan_Pride »

formerfcfan wrote:Anyone saying Zane Trace isn't good needs their heads checked. Logan Elm and Paint Valley are two very good teams. Zane Trace held Adena (who came in scoring 40+ in half of their contests) to six points. The Pioneers also shut out a Unioto squad that had posted two scores in the 50's. ZT isn't a spectacular team, they play good football. They're a good football team.
no offense but adena put up 40+ to teams with a 0-7, 1-6 , and 4-3 records

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

nutronron2012 wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:Yea. I agree. If they keep winning and get there. They deserve it for sure. But nobody deserves a beat down like they'll get.
I don't always agree with Jolly, But I do 100% on this.
SOC folk gotta stick together ya know. Lol

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

:arrow: I don't think it really matters who the 8 teams are that makes the playoffs in this region. Don't see any of them beating the Burg. I don't know if any one even plays them close. Look for them to go right thru without a problem.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

luvbigcats wrote::arrow: I don't think it really matters who the 8 teams are that makes the playoffs in this region. Don't see any of them beating the Burg. I don't know if any one even plays them close. Look for them to go right thru without a problem.
maybe they should get 3 bye weeks :evil:

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
luvbigcats wrote::arrow: I don't think it really matters who the 8 teams are that makes the playoffs in this region. Don't see any of them beating the Burg. I don't know if any one even plays them close. Look for them to go right thru without a problem.
No they will need a little practice those weeks. If some miracle happens and your Tigers would make it, they will get spanked by the Burg. You would think it was 2014 all over again. Just like Neutronron and Jolly said us SOC folks gotta stick together. LOL

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
Nah, Burg will play the games and build some more momentum. It's going to be fun to watch. You will be free to watch too if you'd like.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Jolly if you was talking to me I may just have to check it out.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

^^^^ such arrogance !!! well my turn word has it RH will pull off the upset if they get you 1st so tigers will have no worries

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:^^^^ such arrogance !!! well my turn word has it RH will pull off the upset if they get you 1st so tigers will have no worries
Tigers better worry about beating rock hill in the Regular season...

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

An interesting % prediction from Drew Pasteur on Burg
Regional champ 77%, state champ 22.9%

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:^^^^ such arrogance !!! well my turn word has it RH will pull off the upset if they get you 1st so tigers will have no worries
Tigers better worry about beating rock hill in the Regular season...
Arrogant or speaking the truth? I'm sure you are confused by the two.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Did you just say RH will beat Burg in the playoffs in the first round? If so, that is ludicrous. RH hasn't beaten anyone except the aweful OVC and Northwest and Oak Hill (Barely)

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

i don't think anyone questions that burg is the favorite. But i think there are a couple of teams that could make them a little uncomfortable. My first in that line may be an Alexander team. don't get me wrong i think burg probably at least a 2 score better team but that team has a defense that has really frustrated some offenses. Could be a closer game them some think.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This is the year burg should win the region. They've been favorites before and not win. It's a tough thing to win three games in a row against quality opponents.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

wobycat wrote:This is the year burg should win the region. They've been favorites before and not win. It's a tough thing to win three games in a row against quality opponents.
burg folk "claim " they see no tuff opponents in this region

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

Burg is the odds on favorite in this region for sure, but to say they will not even get challenged may be a stretch. I know in years past they had a couple of very competitive games against Ridgewood ( 2007 and 2010 if I remember correctly) They won both games, but they were not decided until the 4th quarter. Coshocton has played Ironton tough in years past, and beat them in 2009 for the regional championship. Not sure if Burg has ever played them. Harrison Central is a very talented and well coached team this year but not capable of staying with Burg I don't believe. I know nothing about Zane Trace, but I respect any team that goes 10-0. I agree that Burg is at least a 2 TD favorite against any team in the region this year, but any team can have a bad night, and that is why they play the game.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I just hope no one in this region talks to ol cg because he knows the burgs one weakness which will ultimately lead to the burgs downfall. :lol:

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

fbnut wrote:I just hope no one in this region talks to ol cg because he knows the burgs one weakness which will ultimately lead to the burgs downfall. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good ol Betty Crocker gonna cook up a game plan.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

fbnut wrote:I just hope no one in this region talks to ol cg because he knows the burgs one weakness which will ultimately lead to the burgs downfall. :lol:
thank you for making that clear !! it is 2015 not 13 not 14 :lol:

u guys was at full go week 1 wasn't u ?????? LOL I mean practice all summer , and game 1 is a must

it will arise again when the situation presents itself for whichever team exploits it

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Ironton lost this year to Wheelersburg, and would again in the playoffs. If Ironton (big IF) makes the playoffs, they will wish they stayed home. Different year, same results.

Return to “Football”