Most memorable single-game performance you've ever seen?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Most memorable single-game performance you've ever seen?

Post by Raider6309 »

Saw this topic on another site and might draw interest here

hsfbfan
Varsity

Re: Most memorable single-game performance you've ever seen?

Post by hsfbfan »

2000 Brad Young Junior tailback Wellston High School scored all 46 points for Wellston in a 47-46 loss at Nelsonville.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I can't exactly recall but it was jermon Jackson from the ironton fighting tigers.who later went to the buckeyes

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

2nd would probably be ironton's defense. the two times that DuPont played ironton when they had randy moss. and his brother actually. moss never scored a td. and from what I was told, the ironton games were the only ones in his high school career that moss never scored a touchdown in. and at least one of those games DuPont won the state championship in west Virginia in the largest division there, possibly both.

a sidenote on the game. randy moss's brother zephrus moss. was- if memory serves me correct. a fullback, and a dlineman.
I kid you not ole zephrus he was like 6'7 had to be 380 pounds or close to it. he was enourmous, and ironton's wolfgang kratzenburg ate him up.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

another for me was mentor lake catholic vs. ironton in a state championship game. we were totally outmatched. and joe jurevicious was catching passes all night long on us. joe went to penn state, and had a long nfl career. and the qb , who's name escapes me he went d1 to another big college as a qb.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

You're Tiger Bait wrote: and the qb , who's name escapes me...
You're Tiger Bait wrote: was- if memory serves me correct....
You're Tiger Bait wrote: I can't exactly recall but....
This thread is for Most Memorable.....seems you have forgotten most of the detail...lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just kidding...

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

In 2007 Burg was down 28-0 at the half to Fredericktown in week 12. Burg came back to tie the game at 38 and ended up losing 41-38 after a controversial goal line stand where most everyone thought the ball crossed the line. Burg was very conservative in the first half, but Spradlin must have thrown for over 300 yards in the 2nd half to bring them back.

2004 Burg vs. Portsmouth - Portsmouth controlled the whole game, but was denied on the goal line several times. With Portsmouth leading 7-0 in the 4th qtr, for some reason Portsmouth passed deep in Pirate territory and it was returned 90+ yds to tie the game at 7-7. When Portsmouth got the ball back, Burg forced a fumble and got the ball on about the Portsmouth 20, but was unable to move it once again. Burg kicked a FG to win 10-7.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

A few that standout to me:

Luke Keller (Valley) vs Wynford 2011 Playoffs - I don't have the numbers but anyone there could tell you.

Brandon Shankwiler (Wheelersburg) (Sp) vs Valley 2010 - Had to be close to 400 yards and around 5 TD's. I swear he carried it every play in the second half.

Creed Miller (Waverly) vs Portsmouth in (2002 maybe) Playoffs - It seemed like he have 15 catches for well over 200 yards. Completely unguardable.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Yeah Keller against wynford is mine too

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

Donnie Johnson v/s the field :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

4th n Goal wrote:In 2007 Burg was down 28-0 at the half to Fredericktown in week 12. Burg came back to tie the game at 38 and ended up losing 41-38 after a controversial goal line stand where most everyone thought the ball crossed the line. Burg was very conservative in the first half, but Spradlin must have thrown for over 300 yards in the 2nd half to bring them back.
Couldn't have been 2007...
Im positive that game was played at Nelsonville-York. I worked that game and watched the second half on the Burg side. I'm pretty sure that was 2009 or 2010.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

4th n Goal wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote: and the qb , who's name escapes me...
You're Tiger Bait wrote: was- if memory serves me correct....
You're Tiger Bait wrote: I can't exactly recall but....
This thread is for Most Memorable.....seems you have forgotten most of the detail...lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just kidding...

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT. I BEEN HIT IN THE HEAD ALOT 4TH.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Orange and Brown wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:In 2007 Burg was down 28-0 at the half to Fredericktown in week 12. Burg came back to tie the game at 38 and ended up losing 41-38 after a controversial goal line stand where most everyone thought the ball crossed the line. Burg was very conservative in the first half, but Spradlin must have thrown for over 300 yards in the 2nd half to bring them back.
Im positive that game was played at Nelsonville-York. I worked that game and watched the second half on the Burg side. I'm pretty sure that was 2009 or 2010.
Could be wrong, but I think that game was played in Lancaster.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Tiger Bait, Did you forget Carlos Snow circa 1984?

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

Westfan wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
Could be wrong, but I think that game was played in Lancaster.
http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/2007/d5regbrkt.pdf
Lancaster was where that games was played.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Tiger Bait, Did you forget Carlos Snow circa 1984?
no dutch, I wasn't sure how many entries I could make. lol===== I REMEMBER THOSE IRONTON/CAPE GAMES. an amazing series. do you remember when ironton/cape were ranked 1 n 2 in the state and played at ironton and earl bruce the head buckeye coach came and landed behind the press box in that ohio state chopper. then he watched the game.

carlos was an amazing athlete.

but my 2 greatest memories of ironton football have to be the 2 state championships. the 1st one I had to work, but listened to. the second one I got to see.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

several other's that come to mind. the year either ironton or Portsmouth had an open date. so they played each other twice in the regular season, and then played them a 3rd time at Athens at peden. but Portsmouth beat us.

the year Portsmouth west/Portsmouth met in the playoffs at the tank. there was mud about 5 foot deep. I sat on the home side with Portsmouth and heard things I still cain't get out of my head.

another mud game for the ages ironton/cape at the tank.

another one nearly as big for me as the 2 state championships was the number 3 ranked team in the country flew into town, and they were from Washington dc. they played a 10 game road schedule each year, because of fear of violence. they played all across the country, and flew every where they went. it was one of the most thrilling games I ever saw. I remember when they came out of the away locker room. and they looked like they were as big as college/pro guys. and the game was back n forth. and they fell to ironton.

surely no shortage of big memories for ironton fans.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

who remembers I think 83. ironton and saint Vincent saint Mary's met in the state championship in the horseshoe. ironton fell in a close one to the irish. so we stayed over to watch massilon Washington who had a live tiger as a mascot play Cincinnati moeller , led by Gerry faust. I remember these 2 teams coming out of the locker rooms, and it looked like a military battalion there were so many people. I remember moeller's placekicker was kicking 50 yarders warming up. and it looked like he was just pooch kickin them with no follow through.AND THAT BECAME THE LARGSET CROWD EVER TO WATCH A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME EVER FOR OHIO.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

in 76 I was a soph. on the fighting tiger team.the year I blew out my knee. and didn't play anymore. but we are up at athen's old stadium. I remember it was snowing and very cold. we thumped Athens, and if that wasn't bad enough after the game. when we hit the showers , we turned them all on and went through the door naked and we were all running and sliding in their pool diving in. it was pandleeria.i remember big jimmy colegrove running and sliding across the slick floor like 50 feet. and all of a sudden these lights come on, and there are observatory windows. all these lights start coming on, and here's like 40 naked guys just running and diving everywhere. and Athens band was coming down the hall. then you got 40 naked young men trying to get through one door with a normal size entry. then coach lutz heard about it. at was a long ride home.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Bait, in that 83 State game Barry Larkin had 2 or 3 interceptions for Moeller. Bo offered him a full ride to play at Mich but chose baseball.

Return to “Football”