River Valley Raiders 2015.....TVC Ohio.......

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

River Valley Raiders 2015.....TVC Ohio.......

Post by HoopsHotHead »

This group will be playing with big expectations.........return most of the skill players and will be getting bigger and stronger in off-season...........should be a good year for RV......in Football and Basketball............

GO RAIDERS!!!!!

Jason Vorhees
S

Re: River Valley Raiders 2015.....TVC Ohio.......

Post by Jason Vorhees »

4-6, maybe. If they have the same schedule, they should be Rock Hill, Southeastern, Eastern and Vinton County. Losses should be to N-Y, Meigs, Wellston, Alexander, Athens and Northwest. Northwest will be vastly improved. What has killed RV for years is community dissention, bickering, lack of early strong scheduling and over-inflated sense of what reality is for their programs. Even if they were to have a winning record, something would still be afoul within the community. For some reason, the community as a conglomerate, hates success unless it is individual glory. Some old story for years.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Jason Vorhees wrote:4-6, maybe. If they have the same schedule, they should be Rock Hill, Southeastern, Eastern and Vinton County. Losses should be to N-Y, Meigs, Wellston, Alexander, Athens and Northwest. Northwest will be vastly improved. What has killed RV for years is community dissention, bickering, lack of early strong scheduling and over-inflated sense of what reality is for their programs. Even if they were to have a winning record, something would still be afoul within the community. For some reason, the community as a conglomerate, hates success unless it is individual glory. Some old story for years.
Not to steal the thread, but why will northwest be vastly improved? They have been similar to river valley on the disliking team success end. Wellston sounds pretty bleak as well.

However, I tend to agree with you. It's tough to change community mentalities...possible, but difficult

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Seeing RV last year at Sparty I thought they had some nice skill players but they were really predictable ... Atleast it seem like it watching the game. Had some big linemen but If memory serves me they were pretty wore down in the rain in second half of game. If they get those biggins in the weight room and conditioning this offseason they may just surprise some teams.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

River Valley will have a tough time getting that elusive winning season but I think they could get 5 again.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

I thought River Valley scheduled a game with Shadyside this year? That can't be good for a 'W' can it?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

4 or 5 wins tops.....

EagleFan89
JV Team

Post by EagleFan89 »

Bidwell River Valley 2015
H Ironton Rock Hill
A Chillicothe Southeastern
A Reedsville Eastern
A Nelsonville-York
H Pomeroy Meigs
A Wellston
H Albany Alexander
A McArthur Vinton County
H The Plains Athens
A Shadyside

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Only 4 home games I see. Is that because the addition of Shadyside? Anyone know if that is a home and home series?

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

bump

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Have they dropped Southeastern to play Gallia Academy yet?

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

5-5 I might be wrong???

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I am still sticking by 6-4 at absolute best. We are talking about a school who has only had two winning seasons since opening (one under Merrill Triplett 6-4 and one in 03' or 04', going 6-4) and two .500 seasons. They are improving but they're not ready to take that leap into the upper ranks of any conference. We are talking about a school who is used to winning 3 games most years. That losing has became cultured into the community and will take some time to get that out of their system. They had a few bad losses last year, particularly Athens hanging up over 70 points on them in one half. It is nice to see a few people wanting the football program to do better. However, this is the predominant culture at River Valley: they would prefer to see their son have individual success and go 0-10 to 3-7 rather than the team going 8-2 and their son getting limited snaps.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

I think Coach Triplett was
3-7 1995
3-7 1996
4-5 1997

The 6-4 was under Greg Deel and he also had a 5-5 also. I think this past year was the only other season of at least 500.

River Valley could have a nice year this year and have a winning record. The program looks to be headed in the right direction.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Jason Vorhees wrote:4-6, maybe. If they have the same schedule, they should be Rock Hill, Southeastern, Eastern and Vinton County. Losses should be to N-Y, Meigs, Wellston, Alexander, Athens and Northwest. Northwest will be vastly improved. What has killed RV for years is community dissention, bickering, lack of early strong scheduling and over-inflated sense of what reality is for their programs. Even if they were to have a winning record, something would still be afoul within the community. For some reason, the community as a conglomerate, hates success unless it is individual glory. Some old story for years.
Yes because it is a well known fact that if you play really tough teams right away you will sail through the rest of the season. Just ask old Paladin. If we could get him to be the AD at RVHS, they would travel into Northeast Ohio for all their nonconference games. This would lead to RV having an 0-4 record headed into conference play and then they would really kick Ohio division donkeys!

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Hey, they're a DV school who perennially schedules Eastern Meigs and Southern Meigs. No offense to those schools, but they are not strong football teams year in and year out. They need to schedule a little better. I am not saying go out and schedule St. Ignatius; however, rather than scheduling Eastern and Southern, how about scheduling Trimble or Wahama? They're smaller schools but, year in and year out, they are solid football teams. Or, even a Symmes Valley. These are schools they could schedule early on that would benefit their program. If River Valley wants to continue to schedule teams that they can beat their chests about and then have Athens hang up 77 on you in one game, by all means, don't change anything! Continue to schedule these teams to say you won a few games early on just get pounded by the TVC-Ohio teams. On a side note, River Valley never won the OVC in football.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Good Luck Raiders from across RT 35
I think they beat:

1.Rock Hill
2.Southeastern
3.Eastern
4.Alexander - toss up but winnable
5.Wellston - They were better than Wellston last year I saw that game RV should have won!!
6.Vinton County
7. If RV can beat a team they aren't supposed to they could make the playoffs! with 7 W's

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

mtswngrvsg wrote:I think Coach Triplett was
3-7 1995
3-7 1996
4-5 1997

The 6-4 was under Greg Deel and he also had a 5-5 also. I think this past year was the only other season of at least 500.

River Valley could have a nice year this year and have a winning record. The program looks to be headed in the right direction.
Triplett Coached against a lot better teams that Deel did (not even close)
Seoal of the early 2000's vs OVC no comparison Triplett's teams would have had winning records had they played the same schedule as Deel's teams.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

You probably are correct in that statement

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

3-7 maybe 4-6

Return to “Football”