SEOPS Mr. Ohio

2013 Nelsonville-York Buckeyes

Post by Orange and Brown »

Thoughts?

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Re: 2013 Nelsonville-York Buckeyes

Post by Da Bears »

Solid consistent coaching every year, tough physical kids, good program team. They will always be 6-4 or better almost every year and even with a few or minimal loses, will play hard every Friday night.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Why did they drop the Portsmouth West Scrimmage? I heard they did it very late and I was wondering does anyone know why?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Can the Bucks climb the mountain and topple the dogs?
Can they get past Trimble week 1?
What do the Freshman Sophomore numbers look like?

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

game day wrote:Why did they drop the Portsmouth West Scrimmage? I heard they did it very late and I was wondering does anyone know why?
First I heard of that does anyone know why? This was a very good scrimmage last year.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

GO BUCKS!!

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

I heard NY lost their tail back Heard he moved to columbus. Anybody know if its true ?

Gecko
Varsity

Post by Gecko »

I heard the same thing that he transferred to Westerville North. He was also a big contributor on defense last year for the buckeyes. He will be a big loss. Any word on who might replace him from buckeye fans?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

gecko wrote:I heard the same thing that he transferred to Westerville North. He was also a big contributor on defense last year for the buckeyes. He will be a big loss. Any word on who might replace him from buckeye fans?
NY always has 'football players' to fill spots - they truly have a 'next man up' system in place ...

The loss of this particular player REALLY HURTS the basketball team ... I had high hopes for next years squad on the hardwood - and I still do - but losing him definitely hurts.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

going to hurt football too....he was going to be a good one :shock: :idea: :!:

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Next man up is right. I've heard they have a pretty good incoming freshman at tailback. Not sure if he is ready yet, but hear he is fast.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

The Bucks will be okay. They always have plenty of horses who are ready to carry the rock.

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

He has alot of talent and will be missed though.

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

Being old enough to remember Bucktel(sp.)-York. Football is traditionally solid in Buckeyeland. The year they were state champs, watched a very good Warren team, not be able to play with them for the whole game. Actually watched a few of the Trimble/Nelsonville wars, with Exincamper(sp. again) at Trimble. Nelsonville and Woodson, the Smathers boys. Wow, they were men among boys. Look for the tradition at Nelsonville to continue. This school has a program, not a good team here and there. Always a pleasure to watch them, the Buckeyes play in-your-face, smash-mouth football. Good luck to them.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Bump

Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Back when the PE teacher was the coach, we never even considered the possibility of being 6-4. We always won the league......ALWAYS beat Trimble.......Athens wouldnt even play us...........and we made regular trips deep into the postseason. I just don't see that in the modern era Bucks.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

PitStop Billy wrote:Back when the PE teacher was the coach, we never even considered the possibility of being 6-4. We always won the league......ALWAYS beat Trimble.......Athens wouldnt even play us...........and we made regular trips deep into the postseason. I just don't see that in the modern era Bucks.
Well the P.E. teacher isn't coming back so move on already.......

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Why is it I can't figure out who the PE teacher is? We've only had Boston, Sr. (Health/P.E.) and Meade (maybe P.E. now, but wasn't when I played)... and Boston Sr. is helping out now so I'm totally confused...lol
Why is it with all of the success Jr. has had, people tend to see his time at NY as negative/underachieving?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

PitStop Billy wrote:Athens wouldnt even play us
I don't ever remember a time when Athens didn't play NY - and I've been watching football in this area for over 25 years.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:Why is it I can't figure out who the PE teacher is? We've only had Boston, Sr. (Health/P.E.) and Meade (maybe P.E. now, but wasn't when I played)... and Boston Sr. is helping out now so I'm totally confused...lol
Why is it with all of the success Jr. has had, people tend to see his time at NY as negative/underachieving?
Not sure unless they are looking at playoff wins. The other two did win playoff games. Other than that, Davey has been successful, especially in the league.

Return to “Football”