Best game you ever watched or played in....

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Re: Best game you ever watched or played in....

Post by Roadrunner »

One of the best games I remember seeing was in 2004 between Logan and Lancaster down in logan. The gales were heavy favorites heading into that game with several D1 prospect starters, including Jim Cordle and I think there was a Carpenter boy starting at tailback. The chieftains gave them all they could handle including a memorable goal line stand around the one yard line stopping the gales on four straight downs. I thought for sure logan was pulling off one hell of an upset until that boy from lancaster booted either a 47 or 49 yard field goal for the win. It was an edge of your seat game for certain. Logan definitely gave big bad lancaster all they wanted and then some that night.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

lightle04- I believe the Meritt FG for Waverly to beat Wheelersburg was in 1988.

Waverly at CAPE in '89 I was 7, it was cold, I wasn't old to realize Waverly "shouldn't" win. It's bigger now than it was then, but it wasn't that close of a game.

Waverly at Wellston 2001. Seesaw match-up the whole game. Waverly ran 11 offensive plays in the second but scored 21 points off those plays including a TD in the final minute to secure the win.

Waverly at Portsmouth 2001- What a battle! Waverly lost 41-39 in what might have been the best game I have ever seen.

Jackson at Waverly playoff 2007 (I think) Waverly a 27-21 win I think I still have pics of the celebration some place on my external hard drive.

I could add more but those are the ones that stand out in my mind.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

1990 Coal Grove vs. Wheelersburg in Ironton 1st round of playoffs.

1992 Coal Grove @ Buffalo-Wayne, I only say this game because of the circumstances around it. At the time Buffalo was defending state champs and undefeated. The Herald-Dispatch had done an article on the Bison's the week of the game in which their team talked some pretty good smack about how no one could beat them, and how they had this great team. We had that article in the field house on a board all week. When the game day came we went into their stadium and gave them a beat down. I believe the final was 41-19, it would be the only game Buffalo-Wayne would lose that year on their way to a state championship, but on that night they were humbled.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Played- 2008 Logan Elm (9-0) vs. Canal Winchester (9-0). Defending champions vs. Cinderella. We took them in overtime with a field goal and I think had as many or more fans there than they did.

Watched- That wasn't my alma mater, Westfall vs. Ironton @ Westfall. After being beat in the postseason twice by the Fighting Tigers, Westfall exacted revenge. The place was absolutely rocking.

That was my alma mater, a five overtime win against Teays Valley at home.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

The next one! ;-)

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

noreply66 wrote:Don't remember the year .......Logan vs Miami Trace
it was 1984...I played CB for Miami Trace in this game my junior year. Logan was up on 34-33 about 2 mins left in the game and they were just running the ball to take time because we had no timeouts left. Coach Hill told us let them score so we could get the ball back. we let Logan score and we either blocked the extra point or they missed it which made it 40-33. we had a good KO return to about midfield. with only around 1 minute left, we drove down to around the 10 yd line with just enough time for one play. on the last play, we threw a jump ball up to Mark Matthews (our best and tallest wr) that got tipped up in the air by the Logan defender and Matthews dove for it and it just fell off his fingertips. We lost but that was the best game I've EVER seen or played in. some people around here still say that's the best game they ever watched. I think that was our only loss that year.

Return to “Football”