Ironton 2013

Leo Byrd
SEO

Re: IRONTON FOOTBALL 2013

Post by Leo Byrd »

TTT carries a big stick in the trailer park.......

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

TTT the truth hurts bud. Theres even more truth where that came from. :12224

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

urban buck wrote:TTT the truth hurts bud. Theres even more truth where that came from. :12224
Do you have anything else to contribute to the thread (Ironton Football 2013) besides all this crap?

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Hey hey I was being NICE!

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

True dat urban.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

High Plains Drifter wrote:
game day wrote:If South Point would have hired Triplett these kids would not leave South Point. I would bet to say that a few kids from Ironton might have went to South Point.

The same coach that went 4 and 6 last year at west? I doubt that.

I think that is 3 more games than South Point won! Who did South Point beat? That's right Rock Hill.

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Good point! NOT!!!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton will have a good season Transfers or not.
Haters hating or not Ironton had a fine season last year everyone wanted better and they should but most are proud of what they did.
looking for Ironton to expand their passing game a little more with this coach entering his second season and the defense playing a little better looking for a 8-2 record or maybe a 7-3 and a playoff spot Good Luck Tigers and let's hear you ROAR

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

If they want to win 7 or 8 their line play needs to improve greatly. Last year our line was slow, weak, and just not very good. In that last playoff game our QB was picking himself off the ground after every pass attempt. Our defensive line all year had huge holes running through it.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Ironton underachieved last year, lets hope they do better this year. :12224

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

I believe Ironton can have a very successful season if they just get back to being a physical football team. Just hit teams as hard as they can. Game 1 will tell alot. Burg will spread the field & play finesse football. The Burg is good at it. The only way to counter that is to be very physical up front and with their skilled kids. Ironton will have to wear them down with physical play. We will know early on in the season how successful Ironton's season is going to be.

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Let's talk facts. I thought last year's Ironton team was a solid start for Coach Vass. Ironton played a difficult schedule that included a pair of Columbus parochial schools, and that took its toll physically. While Coach Vass still has much to prove, his Tigers beat a good Wheelersburg team, a good Gallipolis team, a good Ashland team, and a good Oak Hill team. These were all playoff teams in their own right. The Tigers went 7-4, and won a playoff game, getting them to the Sweet 16 of high school football in D-IV.

But the difficulty of the schedule ground this team down physically, especially since it featured mostly two-way starters. When it took the field for its last playoff game against Johnstown, Ironton was without its best 2-way tackle (Webb), its physical senior FB-LB (Schweikert), and a senior 2-way lineman who will be playing college ball this fall (Culbertson). When DE/TE Stephens (who also will be playing college football) and and its top HB/DB Lewis went down with injuries on back-to-back plays in the first half, the Tigers were down 5 two-way starters, and were left playing with a senior QB unable to run on a badly injured foot (which required postseason surgery) and another senior HB bravely playing on two surgically repaired knees. It was not that the Ironton line was weak and slow - it was just too decimated with injuries to protect an immobile QB. And to suggest that this team underachieved in 2012 is really unfair to a bunch of kids who played hard all season and obviously layed their bodies on the line.

All that said, this year's team faces a more reasonable, yet demanding schedule. It will not be as experienced and as physically gifted as 2012. Ironton will have to rely more on solid execution and smart game management. As such, it will serve as a good measure for Coach Vass and his staff. Here's wishing them the best for a successful 2013 campaign.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I agree injuries did take a toll on Ironton.
But the younger players got valuable experience from this and it may bear fruit this year.
I do hope the defense will be better this year at tackling and penetrating the line of scrimmage.
As far as the schedule goes ironton will have to be ready every game to take a teams best shot at them but I believe this team will be up to the task and perform well.
Good Luck Tigers.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Pembrooke, you are killin me man.lolololol :) :-D :shock: :lol: :roll: Amusing.

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

I agree with you BB # 26, the first game will tell us where we are at, even when lutz was here we always seemed to have trouble the first couple of games and the burg will be tough, being the first game of the year and playing at home might get us out of the gate quick. I think our season goes as the first game goes.we can pick up a boat load of points by beating the burg. we do have some young talent, if they step up and they will really need to if we hope to get to the playoffs with that schedule. our line has the talent to get it done. so tigers lets hope and get ready for a great season. :122245

bigpoppy20
Riding the Bench

Post by bigpoppy20 »

I'm excited to see how they fair this year with the losses and another tough schedule, as usual. Expect to see more passes than usual this year. Great personnel for that. From what I'm reading, not sure why they would go and recruit an RB with the ones returning. That baffles me when you have a home grown sophomore I thought was going to be an Ironton great. Shows how much I know! Even with the losses of some great players, I expect them to have a great season, especially among teams they play close to home.

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

2trap_4ever wrote:
unclebob wrote:the kid from coal grove that transferred is a sophomore who has great height 6 4" I'm guessing. He was a really good basketball player in the 8th grade but didn't finish basketball last season for the Hornets. He played football football last year as an end.
This kid is a trouble maker anyway, glad he is gone from the Grove. He is the type of player that if he doesn't get what he wants he will make it harder for the team to succeed. He didn't make it through basketball this year just for those reasons.
It sure is a sad day when ADULTS have to get on here and put down kids who chose to leave one school to go to another with better coaches and certainly better discipline!! This kid is no "troublemaker"! He chose to go to a school where the coaching staff is actually employed by the school system and KNOWS the students/athletes and their abilities! He wanted to attend a school that the coaches took there athletic dept serious and would teach discipline and promote team spirit not one that if your parents gripped enough and raised enough $#!! you get to play over someone that put more work and effort into playing. I hear the coaching staff at the grove makes a lot of promises that they do NOT follow thru with. So I guess if this makes him a troublemaker then heck yeah he is the best one out there.
Good luck to the Tigers this year!

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

And by the way this is "the kids" mother so if anyone has any other comments or questions about why he chose to go to Ironton just ask I will fill you in. He is a good kid who loves sports and it was my understanding that a little attitude in a game was def a good thing and can be handled by a good coach that has discipline over his team regardless of which sport!!!!!!!!

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

:122245 :122246 :oops: :122248 :lol:

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Relax all. It's only high school football. Not college or the NFL. Big deal. If the kid is a Lawrence County All-Star, then by all means he should play at Ironton! :lol:

Return to “Football”