Jackson 54 Wellston 18

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 1 Wellston vs. Jackson

Post by Ironman92 »

Nice opening game for the young Ironmen.

Most players looked good. Several kids with some "fight" to them....which is refreshing after watching the Reds all summer.

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

Wow what a blow out, after hearing how good the Rockets where.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I figured Jackson would win big, but not that big!
Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Boss429
Waterboy

Post by Boss429 »

Lots of "crickets" from Wellston I guess. I don't think Jackson is that good. I thought Wellston looked bad. 2- 3 wins for them.

old-timer
Freshman Team

Post by old-timer »

Just curious... Not sure of the entire schedule for Wellston, but saw a poster (Boss) say they will have 2-3 wins...
Just one question --- WHO will they beat? Vinton County may be a hand full for them this season...

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

old-timer wrote:Just curious... Not sure of the entire schedule for Wellston, but saw a poster (Boss) say they will have 2-3 wins...
Just one question --- WHO will they beat? Vinton County may be a hand full for them this season...
They will start by beating south point this weekend. I believe they should beat Rock Hill, and Southeastern. Oak Hill game will be a toss up. To early to talk about league play. Lets look at lastnights game. I agree with you, wellston didnt look that good. They shot themselves in the foot with turnovers like they have the past two years in this game.. Was Jackson the better team? Absolutely. But the score does not represent how good Wellston is and how many games they will win this year. Five turnovers in first half for 34 points? They'll win some games this year, believe me.

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

Boss429 wrote:Lots of "crickets" from Wellston I guess. I don't think Jackson is that good. I thought Wellston looked bad. 2- 3 wins for them.
Yea its quiet,.. its been quiet all year on here. You are right though,. Jackson is not that good. Wellston shot themselves in the foot with turnovers and mistakes. 34 points of Jackson's was off turnovers in first half. Jackson will lose games this year

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Heard a rumor that Larry Blackstone might be involved in Wellston football again in the near future. Has anyone else heard this?

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Blue Duck wrote:
old-timer wrote:Just curious... Not sure of the entire schedule for Wellston, but saw a poster (Boss) say they will have 2-3 wins...
They will start by beating south point this weekend. I believe they should beat Rock Hill, and Southeastern. Oak Hill game will be a toss up. To early to talk about league play. Lets look at lastnights game. I agree with you, wellston didnt look that good. They shot themselves in the foot with turnovers like they have the past two years in this game.. Was Jackson the better team? Absolutely. But the score does not represent how good Wellston is and how many games they will win this year. Five turnovers in first half for 34 points? They'll win some games this year, believe me.
Southpoint may give Wellston more of a game than what you know. They beat Coal Grove in their Jamboree game.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Wellston needs the next two. If they drop them, they may be staring at 0-10.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

HSFBFAN wrote:Heard a rumor that Larry Blackstone might be involved in Wellston football again in the near future. Has anyone else heard this?

Isn't he nearly 70 years old? Probably can barely bench 380 lbs anymore.

"My God you puke"

"What's that spaghetti hangin from your shoulders?"

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

I figured I would get a rise out of somebody with my post just something I heard doubt if there is anything to it

cowboysTe74
Waterboy

Post by cowboysTe74 »

No way they can beat S.E. I am a V.C. Guy but I am telling you don't sleep on those guys they are gonna shock some people and from what I saw no way they can beat V.c not this year

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

cowboysTe74 wrote:No way they can beat S.E. I am a V.C. Guy but I am telling you don't sleep on those guys they are gonna shock some people and from what I saw no way they can beat V.c not this year
Rock Hill, pretty much hung (down just a score or 2) with an extremely talented Minford squad for 2-3 quarters, so add them to list with VC and SE. Wish the Rockets and VC well, seem to be a lot of great kids coming into these programs.

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

Dundas wrote:Wellston needs the next two. If they drop them, they may be staring at 0-10.
Good point,.. If V.C. Loses to piketon they may be staring at 1-9 like they have been for 3 years.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

A little late since I didn't have a chance to post this weekend, but good win for Jackson on Saturday.

I don't think we learned much about the Ironmen in this game. The next few weeks will show us more about them overall, but I did like the effort and attitude that I saw. They played hard, were very aggressive, and looked to be extremely confident. This Jackson squad may be young, but they're also talented, and they're certainly not afraid to hit you. Should be interesting to see how the season unfolds.

Great poise and leadership from sophomore QB, Hunter Sexton. He played under control and was very accurate throwing the football.

Rafferty, Griffiths, and Crabtree were as advertised. They're gonna be tough for any defense to defend.

Offensive line looked solid and they'll only get better.

Team speed on defense was outstanding. I thought Barger and Williams really stood out on the defensive side of the ball. Seemed like they were all over the place. Other than one blown coverage, I liked the awareness in the secondary...a pick six and several passes broken up.

GAHSGurlie
Waterboy

Post by GAHSGurlie »

Only way Wellston beats VC is if the injury bug bites VC. Other than that VC's beating Wellston.

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

Viking1995 wrote:Only way Wellston beats VC is if the injury bug bites VC. Other than that VC's beating Wellston.
This Wellston / Jackson topic, not VC / Wellston. And every team has injuries by week 10.,, but i can see this is going to be your excuse when Wellston wins again. You guys win one game against a 1-9 team and you want to make statements like that.

OrginialYouKnow
JV Team

Post by OrginialYouKnow »

Gonna take the ironmen by 2 scores!

Return to “Football”