Varsity

Jackson 54 Wellston 18

Post by hsfbfan »

thoughts? mine 27-13 Jackson.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Wellston vs. Jackson

Post by Orange and Brown »

Jackson will once again put it on Wellston and that will end there talk of a perfect season...

I say Jackson wins by 3 td's

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Wellston always plays very disciplined football. They're the best program in the county. Wellston wins big. IMO

green&yellow
Waterboy

Post by green&yellow »

Not quite soon enough for the Rockets to get another win on the Ironmen.. I'll go with HSFBFAN 27-13 win for the Ironmen
GO RED

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

Viking96 wrote:Wellston always plays very disciplined football. They're the best program in the county. Wellston wins big. IMO
Lol!! Ole Ruckel on here trying to stir up crap. Keep hiding behing that Viking name. I'm sure you have a Jackson name on here also. Lol!!! Your hilarious

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Blue Duck wrote:
Viking96 wrote:Wellston always plays very disciplined football. They're the best program in the county. Wellston wins big. IMO
Lol!! Ole Ruckel on here trying to stir up crap. Keep hiding behing that Viking name. I'm sure you have a Jackson name on here also. Lol!!! Your hilarious
Lol. Alota questions will be answered for two young teams. There's no pot stirring needs for this game.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Game is not going to be played. Since Wellston dosent have a chance why waste gas and money making the long trip to Turdson?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

boilermaker wrote:Game is not going to be played. Since Wellston dosent have a chance why waste gas and money making the long trip to Turdson?
As the saying in the old Wellston High BB locker room " Please flush the toilet, Jackson needs the water" Sure glad that old school is gone!

Jackson 49
Wellston 14

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

I've been asked by the Jackson Football Mothers' Club to promote the following on this site for both Wellston AND Jackson fans:

This year's game is the 100th all-time meeting between Jackson and Wellston.

T-shirt orders for the 100th meeting are now being taken.

Jackson fans can order their shirts in either Red OR White.

Wellston fans can order their shirts in either Navy Blue OR Gold.

Small, Medium, Large and X-Large sizes are $15 per shirt. XX-Large size is $17 per shirt. XXX-Large size is $18 per shirt.

No YOUTH sizes are available.

Checks should be made payable to Jackson Football Mothers' Club.

Send payment and order form to:

Jackson Football Mothers' Club
c/o Jenny Williams
10 Evanswood Drive
Jackson, OH 45640

Orders are due by Tuesday, Aug. 6.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I don't know how you guys do business in your part of the world. But here in Rio, I like it when all parties know what they are up against." — Fast Five :!:

firecracker
Riding the Bench

Post by firecracker »

Don't look for a blowout from this game. Jackson team way to young, I see a 5-5 season.

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

Jackson will have twice as many numbers which will be an advantage on a hot turf that wellston is not used to. It is played on their "booster" bought facility in front of a couple thousand home fans. Jackson has the advantage, but i really believe it will not be a blowout. It should be a tight one, and a better game than the past two years.

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

28-0 Ironmen Victory

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

35-14 Rocket victory.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

I guess it is that time again . . . Wellston/Jackson. I could save some type time by just doing a cut and paste from last year's comments. Wellston will be their usual 4-6 and I do believe Jackson will be in for another tough year. No transfers to bolster their line-up this year and a real schedule. 5-5 for Jackson. I will attend this game because the atmosphere is great and both teams really hit each other. So how does it all go down . . . Wellston plays tough for 2 1/2 quarters, it is 14 - 6 at half. Jackson scores early in the 3rd to make it a two touchdown game and then it happens, Wellston turns the ball over as usual, Jackson scores. Wellston can't move the ball, punts to Jackson and it is all over. Time to fight the traffic home. Jackson 28 Wellston 6. Good luck to both teams and fans this year. Stay injury free.

Boss429
Waterboy

Post by Boss429 »

Neither team will be real good this year. Jackson has a pretty tough schedule. Cut to the chase, I believe the game is at Jackson this year so Jackson 35 Wellston 14.

JHS08
Waterboy

Post by JHS08 »

It'd be real cool to see a throwback jersey or some special patch or anything to commemorate the 100th meeting between Jackson and Wellston. I have no idea if anything is being done though.

Boss429
Waterboy

Post by Boss429 »

That would be a GREAT idea JHS08. Many years ago Jackson wore white helmets with red numbers on the side. Wellston wore the "old gold or vegas" gold that I think they call it now. I'll bet the patch idea would go over big. Maybe a call to one or both of the AD's would get that done.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

firecracker wrote:Don't look for a blowout from this game. Jackson team way to young, I see a 5-5 season.
Agree, this is going to be a very competitive game. It is possible a young Ironmen team will play not to lose and the Rockets will play hard like they always do and with nothing to lose, and the result may be similar to that of a couple years ago when Jackson traveled to Wellston.

Hope not, but when adversity faces a young program you never know how they will respond.

Looks like a sophomore QB for Jackson with some standout juniors and just a couple seniors total, so this game will be worth the 100 year meeting of these teams hype and the Saturday night event.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

doubleplay643 wrote:
firecracker wrote:Don't look for a blowout from this game. Jackson team way to young, I see a 5-5 season.

Looks like a sophomore QB for Jackson
Rafferty not gonna play QB?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

If Griffiths out for first game then I think he will share some time at QB I02 but IMO as well as Rafferty ran the ball last year (fast and with determination) he has get to get a lot touches at tailback depending on when Griffiths returns.

Return to “Football”