Region 21

coop
SEOPS

Re: Region 21

Post by coop »

With NO DISRESPECT TO THEM...I would rather play the centerburg vs Monroe central winner....but as the 1, FF vs Valley winner will get the Bellaire vs Newark Catholic winner.

gils
JV Team

Post by gils »

Fairfield Christian 48-6 late in the 4th.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I don't want to show any disrespect to Oak Hill, Fort Frye, Monroe Central, or Centerburg, but I would rather have to go through the Oaks and then either Centerburg or MC than having to play NC or Bellaire in week 12.

You have to beat them all. And I have a lot of confidence in our kids, just what I would deem to be the best case path to the title game.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Peake game is final

gils
JV Team

Post by gils »

Fairfield Christian 48-13 Final.
Last edited by gils on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

Crab's brother wrote:I don't want to show any disrespect to Oak Hill, Fort Frye, Monroe Central, or Centerburg, but I would rather have to go through the Oaks and then either Centerburg or MC than having to play NC or Bellaire in week 12.

You have to beat them all. And I have a lot of confidence in our kids, just what I would deem to be the best case path to the title game.

Wow, I guess I just assumed the #1 would automatically play the lowest advancing seed. SORRY,,, We all KNOW what "A$$ U ME" means. ;-)

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

ok so I guess saying by 50 was to much but a final of 38-20 and Peake had a td called back or would have been worse but a blow out is a blow out but it looks like all is falling just right for Valley so congrats to them.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

EasternDspy wrote:As a Cadet fan I wanna play Valley not because I think we can win but bc I want to watch them play.
Looks like you got your wish

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

I think Valley can definitely beat Newark Cath who played 2 teams with a winning record and lost one of those but they did have 3 quality wins in the D-2 5-5 Watkins memorial and a D-4 5-5 Johnstown Monroe and D-3 Granville 7-3 and so what seems to be the new norm now just get 3 good wins a year and you are in. Gonna be a fun 5 weeks lets get it going!!

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Crab's brother wrote:
D-5 wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:Centerburg will be the 3. East Knox is not going to beat Danville.
Not so fast my friend.... ;-) Its the devil/dog game

http://www.danvillefootball.com/devildog/

:122245 :122245

I'm aware of the history. East Knox has one win in the last 10+ years.

Centerburg will be the #3.
Nice call good luck to my friends at Valley just win baby :!:

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

I would agree that Valley can beat NC but to say "definitely beat them" is a stretch. I don't even know if we'll see that because I don't know if NC can beat Bellaire. One thing's for sure if Valley makes it to week 12, they will have the toughest match up in the region that week.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

nerkfan wrote:I would agree that Valley can beat NC but to say "definitely beat them" is a stretch. I don't even know if we'll see that because I don't know if NC can beat Bellaire. One thing's for sure if Valley makes it to week 12, they will have the toughest match up in the region that week.
It looks to me like jagered actually posted he "thinks Valley CAN definitely beat NC", not that they WILL "definitely beat them". It's a little different when you look at it in that context.

I do agree with you completely though on the type of Week 12 match-up that will be for Valley IF they are able to defeat Ft Frye. I posted several weeks ago that I thought Bellaire and NC would end up being the 4-5 match-up, I just didn't know who would be 4 and who would be 5. And, I felt at that time (still do) that it will be the BEST game of the opening round. If not for my loyalty to Valley, I would most definitely go watch the Big Reds and the Green Wave on Friday. It ought to be a dandy between a pair of talented teams.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Jesco White wrote:
nerkfan wrote:I would agree that Valley can beat NC but to say "definitely beat them" is a stretch. I don't even know if we'll see that because I don't know if NC can beat Bellaire. One thing's for sure if Valley makes it to week 12, they will have the toughest match up in the region that week.
It looks to me like jagered actually posted he "thinks Valley CAN definitely beat NC", not that they WILL "definitely beat them". It's a little different when you look at it in that context.

I do agree with you completely though on the type of Week 12 match-up that will be for Valley IF they are able to defeat Ft Frye. I posted several weeks ago that I thought Bellaire and NC would end up being the 4-5 match-up, I just didn't know who would be 4 and who would be 5. And, I felt at that time (still do) that it will be the BEST game of the opening round. If not for my loyalty to Valley, I would most definitely go watch the Big Reds and the Green Wave on Friday. It ought to be a dandy between a pair of talented teams.
As a Bellaire resident and Bellaire fan all I can say is you depends what Bellaire Team will show up. The Bellaire team that beat St.Clairsville could win the Region. The Bellaire team that showed up yesterday will lose week 11. The veterans simply did not play well yesterday. On a side note., quarterback Spencer Badia finished the regular season with 2,180 passing yards along with 28 TDs and 7 ints. Badia now has 7,529 passing yards to go with 78 touchdowns. Total offence is 8,0001.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

outerbanksjake wrote:
Jesco White wrote:

As a Bellaire resident and Bellaire fan all I can say is you depends what Bellaire Team will show up. The Bellaire team that beat St.Clairsville could win the Region. The Bellaire team that showed up yesterday will lose week 11. The veterans simply did not play well yesterday. On a side note., quarterback Spencer Badia finished the regular season with 2,180 passing yards along with 28 TDs and 7 ints. Badia now has 7,529 passing yards to go with 78 touchdowns. Total offence is 8,0001.
Those are definitely some impressive numbers!!! It seems like the Big Reds always have a gun slinger at QB. They were Valley's first-ever playoff opponent back in '96 when Ty Mascerelli (Spelling ?) was a Junior and they spanked us pretty good. Ironically, my current girlfriend is a Union Local grad, who's family still lives in Byesville. We had talked about driving from her house in Westerville to visit her family yesterday and go on over and watch the Bellaire-Ferry game, but my son had a pee wee playoff game in Portsmouth.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Ty Masciarelli was a two time 1st team All Ohio and D4 Offensive Player of the year in 97. Was the starting and winning QB for the South in the Ohio North/ South Game, and a member of the Ohio State team for one season.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Good Lord what a draw, have to beat winner of NC and Bellaire and then Bishop Ready. Yikes.

Almost looks like it would have been better for Valley to be the #2 Seed lol and Ready at #1 and let NC-Bellaire winner play Ready in Week 12 and then Valley get one of them in Week 13 (assuming they win obviously).

But it is what it is, gotta beat them sometime I suppose, been nice to have one of those knocked out though, instead of going through that gauntlet.

Good luck Indians, advance and continue to represent SEO well as you always do.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to Lucasville, another great season in the making.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

outerbanksjake wrote:Ty Masciarelli was a two time 1st team All Ohio and D4 Offensive Player of the year in 97. Was the starting and winning QB for the South in the Ohio North/ South Game, and a member of the Ohio State team for one season.
I remember watching him lead the Big Reds over Piketon in '97 in the playoffs. I worked as a sports writer for the Portsmouth Daily Times at the time and got to cover that game. That kid was a lot of fun to watch play the QB position for sure.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Jesco White wrote:
outerbanksjake wrote:Ty Masciarelli was a two time 1st team All Ohio and D4 Offensive Player of the year in 97. Was the starting and winning QB for the South in the Ohio North/ South Game, and a member of the Ohio State team for one season.
I remember watching him lead the Big Reds over Piketon in '97 in the playoffs. I worked as a sports writer for the Portsmouth Daily Times at the time and got to cover that game. That kid was a lot of fun to watch play the QB position for sure.

His HS stats: 96 - 2,564 24 12
97 - 2,950 33 7

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

doubleplay643 wrote:Good Lord what a draw, have to beat winner of NC and Bellaire and then Bishop Ready. Yikes.

Almost looks like it would have been better for Valley to be the #2 Seed lol and Ready at #1 and let NC-Bellaire winner play Ready in Week 12 and then Valley get one of them in Week 13 (assuming they win obviously).

But it is what it is, gotta beat them sometime I suppose, been nice to have one of those knocked out though, instead of going through that gauntlet.

Good luck Indians, advance and continue to represent SEO well as you always do.
When the dust settles and its all over but the shouting we dont want anyone to say it was a cake walk to the top......lol

Return to “Football”