Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 12

on a mission
All Conference

Re: Wheelersburg @ Ironton

Post by on a mission »

Wheelersburg kicked the lung out of the tigers! Young or not its still an a$$ whoopin'!! As I tiger dad I have to admit I was shocked with several things that happened! Good luck to the Burg and hopefully we can win enough to get us into the playoffs and get the burg some serious points! Sometimes you have to look at the big picture and that picture is really clear at this point!! As always,Go TIGERS!

voodoochild
Riding the Bench

Post by voodoochild »

The old timer i talked to who said this is the worst team in 25 years was flat out wrong. This is the worst Ironton team in the last 50 years. There are several Jv teams Ironton has fielded in the past that would beat this team. Playoffs shouldnt even be mentioned. Wheelersburg on the other hand looks like a well oiled machine. I think they have a chance at a regional championship or more.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Wow

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

Hats off to a very good Wheelersburg team. Very well executed offense. The only thing I seen the Burg do wrong was leaving there QB in to long. All it would take is a lineman rolling or falling into him. That's all I seen they did wrong. As far as Ironton, you are a young team with alot of heart, it was a rough loss. Keep your heads up and get ready for next week. Field goal kicker at halftime THANKS for the wings that was awesome!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Congrats to Burg!! You opened a huge can of whoop butt on the Tigers. Good luck rest of the season!

sinker
Freshman Team

Post by sinker »

awesome performance by the burg tonight!!!

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Hats off to the Burg..midseason form first game..could make it deep this year, as for Ironton keep your heads up, there won't be many teams as good as burg the rest of regular season other than maybe a couple, and hopefully by then we can get our legs under us and mature a bit. This is an aweful young team...it will get better...keep working.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Vodoochild wrote:The old timer i talked to who said this is the worst team in 25 years was flat out wrong. This is the worst Ironton team in the last 50 years. There are several Jv teams Ironton has fielded in the past that would beat this team. Playoffs shouldnt even be mentioned. Wheelersburg on the other hand looks like a well oiled machine. I think they have a chance at a regional championship or more.
With ALL THAT being said, are you sure that the burg is a well oiled machine? If the worst team in 50 years is how you gauge your playoff teams then I'd be weary of the high expectations or realize that my program is not that good! In my opinion wheeelersburg is a good team but to say the worst team and a deep run?? You my friend have to choose half empty or half full. Also realize that Td 2,3,4, were scored In about a total of 70-100yds!! 3 huge to's with a short field! Ironton had NO ANSWER but I think it would be a mistake to measure their playoff success(with in your opinion) the worst team in 50 years!i guess as a tiger fan it is not all bad!! A team we play every year is waiting for our worst team in 50 years to proclaim greatness, our program is still in good shape! Looking forward to seeing how both these teams finish and I hope that we can give the Burg tons of points! Good luck the remainder of the season and playoffs!

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Actually reminded me of last year!in the early stages.. The only thing missing was offense,defense,and of course Patrick! Wow the burg looked great! Haha. Would like to know in all honesty if the tigers are that bad,or if burg is that dSmn good.. A combination of both??

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

wow go burg :lol:

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

on a mission wrote:Actually reminded me of last year!in the early stages.. The only thing missing was offense,defense,and of course Patrick! Wow the burg looked great! Haha. Would like to know in all honesty if the tigers are that bad,or if burg is that dSmn good.. A combination of both??
I agree I think Burg is that good but Ironton shot them self's in the foot early and often.
Unforced fumbles fumbles and bad snaps on shot gun and Punts did not help this team at all.
Burg knew to pass early and often on the right side of the Defense and did.
Ironton was not prepared for this game and it showed.
What I saw was a Burg team that was not only ready but hungry and it showed.
Ironton will recover and it starts now period.
Ironton got beat my a very very good team thay could very well go 10-0 and very far in the playoffs if they stay injury free.
Ironton can still have a fine season but it will start with getting this game behind them and doing the fundamentals and that starts with not turning the ball over!!!!!!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I hope the burg wins it all.
I definitely hope the tigers perform better.
I'd bite my lip on all the way statements. I hope it happens for the burg, but be realistic with those in the same division.
Good luck to both.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Wow is that the worst defeat at the famous tank

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

ohiostbucks99 wrote:Wow is that the worst defeat at the famous tank
No. They lost to Olentangy Liberty 56-0 in 2007.

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

A young Ironton was not ready for an experienced team like the Burg in their first game. I though Ironton looked much better when they tightened up the formation and played power football. Wheelersburg's offense looked good but I think Ironton's defense is very inexperienced. Ironton's schedule won't help a young team grow. Hartley, St. Charles and Johnson Central are tough customers and it may be a long year for the Tigers. As for Wheelersburg winning the region, this region is much tougher than last years Region 19. I'd love to see it happen but the goal is to win the SOC first. One at a time.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Young or old, Tigers need to be ready next week.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

philthyphil wrote:
ohiostbucks99 wrote:Wow is that the worst defeat at the famous tank
No. They lost to Olentangy Liberty 56-0 in 2007.
lost to Columbus Watterson 56-8 in 1962.........

bigpoppy20
Riding the Bench

Post by bigpoppy20 »

"I want to transfer to Ironton" said nobody with any sense. :) This game was a lot more than just the most popular excuse of turnovers. 49 pts in a half is a ton of points! However, I think wheelersburg IS that good. I expect Ironton to regain composure and beat Russell pretty good next week. Russell didn't look good in week 1.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

So I have heard conflicting reports about the Burg QB. Did he play both ways in this game?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

local superstar wrote:So I have heard conflicting reports about the Burg QB. Did he play both ways in this game?
No....offense only. Honestly, with all the athletes on the team there really isn't a need for him to play defense.

Return to “Football”