Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 12

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Re: Week 1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

Post by fbfever9 »

philthyphil wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:know one knows how ironton is going to do this year with this group of kids but the following 2 years will be interesting for sure!! hopefully next year schedule not as brutal as this years!! any1 have a idea of next years schdule??

GO TIGERS
Next year's schedule is the same with Meigs and Jackson replacing Hartley and St. Charles.
That's a big difference in possible points. Not that Ironton will necessarily beat both (or either), but to drop a winning DV and a decent DII school could hurt come seeding time..... but that's a year away :122249

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

fbfever9 wrote:
philthyphil wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:know one knows how ironton is going to do this year with this group of kids but the following 2 years will be interesting for sure!! hopefully next year schedule not as brutal as this years!! any1 have a idea of next years schdule??

GO TIGERS
Next year's schedule is the same with Meigs and Jackson replacing Hartley and St. Charles.
That's a big difference in possible points. Not that Ironton will necessarily beat both (or either), but to drop a winning DV and a decent DII school could hurt come seeding time..... but that's a year away :122249

points from st charles and hartley points aint worth a darn unless you win the game .. seeding there is no ....lets see, i an beat 2 decent schools and pick up a few points or play 2 teams i probably wont beat and get no points tough decision .....

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

tl895 wrote:points from st charles and hartley points aint worth a darn unless you win the game .. seeding there is no ....lets see, i an beat 2 decent schools and pick up a few points or play 2 teams i probably wont beat and get no points tough decision .....
I agree. You need a challenging schedule which will prepare you for the playoffs, but a schedule too challenging that won't let you even get to the playoffs is worse. Even with these changes, Ironton will be able to make the playoffs with a 8-2 season. This new region 17 is going to be very tough to make the playoffs anyway and if you have 2 teams you will have a hard time beating year in and year out, you don't have room for another bad game anywhere. IMO, 8-2 will likely get you into the playoffs, but 7-3 likely will not.

bubba_smurf
Waterboy

Re: Wheelersburg @ Ironton

Post by bubba_smurf »

Heard last night that the starting qb for the burg may not play.bad shoulder.dont want to start anything,but does the backup have any varsity experience?

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

artisgilmore wrote:Heard last night that the starting qb for the burg may not play.bad shoulder.dont want to start anything,but does the backup have any varsity experience?
Very little. But he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

4th n Goal wrote:
tl895 wrote:points from st charles and hartley points aint worth a darn unless you win the game .. seeding there is no ....lets see, i an beat 2 decent schools and pick up a few points or play 2 teams i probably wont beat and get no points tough decision .....
I agree. You need a challenging schedule which will prepare you for the playoffs, but a schedule too challenging that won't let you even get to the playoffs is worse. Even with these changes, Ironton will be able to make the playoffs with a 8-2 season. This new region 17 is going to be very tough to make the playoffs anyway and if you have 2 teams you will have a hard time beating year in and year out, you don't have room for another bad game anywhere. IMO, 8-2 will likely get you into the playoffs, but 7-3 likely will not.
Ironton could sneak in with a 7-3 record but it will depend on who they beat and who they lose to.
Regardless one would like to see a team not have to depend on a lesser record to make the playoffs and tonight will be a true test for both teams a veteran wheelersburg loaded with talent.
Against a youthful but quick and talented Ironton team.
The key I believe tonight will be who makes the less mistakes.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

artisgilmore wrote:Heard last night that the starting qb for the burg may not play.bad shoulder.dont want to start anything,but does the backup have any varsity experience?
My understanding is that he is playing offense, but not defense. May did a good job in the Bishop Ready scrimmage and is very capable of running the offense.

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

Best of luck to the Pirates tonight!!!

scarlettandgreyhillboy
Freshman Team

Post by scarlettandgreyhillboy »

i had someone tell me from ironton that they could actually go 0 - 10 this year said that if a few things don't happen it's a given any truth to that or is it ridiclous?

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Here comes the excuses..game hasn't started and their star qb is injured... :mrgreen:

voodoochild
Riding the Bench

Post by voodoochild »

elmer fudd wrote:i had someone tell me from ironton that they could actually go 0 - 10 this year said that if a few things don't happen it's a given any truth to that or is it ridiclous?
Its possible but not likely. Some say this will be the worst team Ironton fields in the last 25 years. Guess we will see. Tonight should be a good gauge.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Vodoochild wrote:
elmer fudd wrote:i had someone tell me from ironton that they could actually go 0 - 10 this year said that if a few things don't happen it's a given any truth to that or is it ridiclous?
Its possible but not likely. Some say this will be the worst team Ironton fields in the last 25 years. Guess we will see. Tonight should be a good gauge.
If Burg wins tonight will that make it be the worst team Ironton has had in 25 years....????

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

So is Ironton gassed yet?
Bets on when the cramps start? (Either real or feigned) :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

This Ironton team is young and they will struggle a bit this season, but they have the pieces to be an effective team running the ball out of the T, both this year and into the future. I know the coaching staff want to put their own mark on the team, but the pieces just arent there. They have a big line, a quick qb, two big fullbacks, a speedy halfback, and no receivers. That sounds like a team that should be running the ball, not attempting to pass it. Dont pretend to be something you arent......

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Youth has really showed it's self tonight Wheelersburg pretty much had their way with ironton tonight Wheelersburg is as good as avertised and Ironton is as young as said.
Wheelersburg is the real deal for sure and may go undefeated this year if they keep playing the way they are.

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

This, my friends, is an epic a$$ whoppin. 49-6 at the half. The tiggers may end up 0-10 this year. Way too young to compete with this tough schedule this year

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

They will win a few games enough to be over .500 maybe but they will have to play better turnovers truly hurt them tonight and penalties didn't help but they just met a much better team tonight.
No shame in that they score shocked me the loss never but I still had hope they could win but Burg is a very very good team.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

IBTT wrote:Here comes the excuses..game hasn't started and their star qb is injured... :mrgreen:

Don't need any excuses when you kick the dog crap out of your opponent and there wouldn't have been any the Pirates had lost. 49-6 at the half and the Pirates did whatever they wanted on offense.

Highlight of the night though had to be Dylan Lewis hitting a 45 yard FG at the half and the entire stadium winning frrr wings from Bee Dubs. I bet Bee Dubs never thought that would happen. lol
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

whats the deal on the wings ??

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

ManitouDan wrote:whats the deal on the wings ??
If you show your game ticket at either the Ironton or Portsmouth Bee Dubs next week you will get a free order of wings.

Return to “Football”