Re: week 2 9/6 (1-0) Russell KY @ (0-1) Ironton

Post by pbuck »

Ironton drops to 0-2 after this week

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

pbuck wrote:Ironton drops to 0-2 after this week

if they lose this 1 I am not sure who on that schedule they can beat!!! but ironton rolls to easier victory in this game by 20+

bigpoppy20
Riding the Bench

Post by bigpoppy20 »

Agreed. No comparison between Russell and Burg. Ironton SHOULD win easily. Russell's week 1 win was less than impressive.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

If Ironton doesn't win against Russell, it could be a VERY long season. Still, this game is at home for Ironton and they should win by a couple scores.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Russell will have to be a couple tds better than Ironton to win. Good Luck both.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

urban buck wrote:Russell will have to be a couple tds better than Ironton to win. Good Luck both.
Tigers by 17 - :122245

GO TIGERS

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

I haven't and will not give up on my group! Tigers light the scoreboard up and the wagon will be full this week!

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Not a fan of Ironton, but you got to admire the steadfast loyalty of on a mission. Good Luck this Friday. :)

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

urban buck wrote:Not a fan of Ironton, but you got to admire the steadfast loyalty of on a mission. Good Luck this Friday. :)
I don't think you had to tell us that, it's not that hard to figure out after reading your posts on anything about the Tigers lol :shock: :mrgreen:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

on a mission wrote:I haven't and will not give up on my group! Tigers light the scoreboard up and the wagon will be full this week!

I agree, I won't give up on them either. I was at the game last week until the last second ticked off the clock. This team will be fun to watch over the next few years.

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

TIGERS gonna be HUNGRY come this Friday night!!!!! Fans will see a different ball club Friday!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

As mentioned above, Ironton came out against Burg very poorly and gave up scores and turnovers.....2 things a young team will have a hard time recovering from. If Ironton can come out strong, they should win this one, but if they do not, they could be in for a long night. Ironton will need to get back to Ironton Football and control the clock and grind it out.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

4th n Goal wrote:As mentioned above, Ironton came out against Burg very poorly and gave up scores and turnovers.....2 things a young team will have a hard time recovering from. If Ironton can come out strong, they should win this one, but if they do not, they could be in for a long night. Ironton will need to get back to Ironton Football and control the clock and grind it out.
I agree Ironton came out shell shocked and turned the ball over on first two Possessions and a bad snap on a punt attempt that lead to 3 short scoring drives.
Not taking anything away from the Burg a good team will make a team pay for those turnovers and Burg did.
Ironton will be more focused this Friday night and better prepared for Russell and will show it.
I haven't given up on a winning season for Ironton and believe they will turn it around.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

When we won the State Championship in 1979, our first 3 games were as follows: 6-0 win against Ashland. We won that one after Fletcher caused a fumble and we recovered on our 5 yard line late in the game. Had Ashland scored then, we would have had a hard time winning because our offense wasn't nearly effective that night. 22-18 win against Portsmouth. We jumped out to a 14-0 lead before Portsmouth came back to take the lead at 18-14 with just over 2:00 minutes left in the game. We took the ensuing kickoff and Sutton hit Fletcher in the endzone for a score before time ran out on us. 13-13 tie against Washington Court House. A game we should have won but due to injuries we only managed a tie. The only blemish on our record that year and also the year before. Finished the season undefeated in the SEOAL, beat a good Jackson team who had a good record in the last game and gained enough points with that win to make the playoffs. I don't know what this team is made of but we never gave up in '79 when things looked bad.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I think Ironton gets a big win against Russell. They got shell shocked vs Burg. That wont happen this week.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

TRH wrote:When we won the State Championship in 1979, our first 3 games were as follows: 6-0 win against Ashland. We won that one after Fletcher caused a fumble and we recovered on our 5 yard line late in the game. Had Ashland scored then, we would have had a hard time winning because our offense wasn't nearly effective that night. 22-18 win against Portsmouth. We jumped out to a 14-0 lead before Portsmouth came back to take the lead at 18-14 with just over 2:00 minutes left in the game. We took the ensuing kickoff and Sutton hit Fletcher in the endzone for a score before time ran out on us. 13-13 tie against Washington Court House. A game we should have won but due to injuries we only managed a tie. The only blemish on our record that year and also the year before. Finished the season undefeated in the SEOAL, beat a good Jackson team who had a good record in the last game and gained enough points with that win to make the playoffs. I don't know what this team is made of but we never gave up in '79 when things looked bad.
What exactly does this have to do with this thread. In the Ironton vs. Burg thread you was trying to compare this years team to the '79 team. How exactly are comparing these teams? The '79 team started 2-0-1, in three very closely contested games. While the '13 team has started 0-1 so far, in a game they was never really in from the start. It sounds more like you want to crow and thump your chest for winning state. That is great that you were able to win state that is an accomplishment few ever get a chance to do. I just don't think this is the thread to do it. Just trying to see the connections.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

TRH wrote:When we won the State Championship in 1979, our first 3 games were as follows: 6-0 win against Ashland. We won that one after Fletcher caused a fumble and we recovered on our 5 yard line late in the game. Had Ashland scored then, we would have had a hard time winning because our offense wasn't nearly effective that night. 22-18 win against Portsmouth. We jumped out to a 14-0 lead before Portsmouth came back to take the lead at 18-14 with just over 2:00 minutes left in the game. We took the ensuing kickoff and Sutton hit Fletcher in the endzone for a score before time ran out on us. 13-13 tie against Washington Court House. A game we should have won but due to injuries we only managed a tie. The only blemish on our record that year and also the year before. Finished the season undefeated in the SEOAL, beat a good Jackson team who had a good record in the last game and gained enough points with that win to make the playoffs. I don't know what this team is made of but we never gave up in '79 when things looked bad.
What exactly does this have to do with this thread. In the Ironton vs. Burg thread you was trying to compare this years team to the '79 team. How exactly are comparing these teams? The '79 team started 2-0-1, in three very closely contested games. While the '13 team has started 0-1 so far, in a game they was never really in from the start. It sounds more like you want to crow and thump your chest for winning state. That is great that you were able to win state that is an accomplishment few ever get a chance to do. I just don't think this is the thread to do it. Just trying to see the connections.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

The Key is you never lost that year this team got smacked down not just got beat but smacked down. I think they will recover and win this game but they didn't win a close game or lose one they lost one that was never close.
This team needs to know and see that and regroup knowing they can be beat and beat bad.
That being said I believe they will how far they go is up to them and this Coaching Staff.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Good Luck Ironton! :shock:

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

i stand by my belief that changes could be coming in the staff to beef it up. and dont fall in love with the spread offense it's not that easy to run in high school unless you have the right athletes and preparation is everything that's where they got beat last week....... what we never played these guys before.......???????????? we didn't know what was coming?

Return to “Football”