Southern 19 Belpre 0

TShep17
JV Team

Southern 19 Belpre 0

Post by TShep17 »

Golden Eagles travel down to Racine Friday night Belpre coming off a tough loss to Fort Frye and Southern coming off win against South Gallia

So who wins?
Last edited by TShep17 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: WK3 (1-1) Belpre @ (2-0) Sothern

Post by mattash »

Big matchup

TShep17
JV Team

Re: WK3 (1-1) Belpre @ (2-0) Sothern

Post by TShep17 »

Yes indeed I think it will be a pretty close game but I think somehow Southern squeaks it out and being home opener for them be lots of emotion and excitement

Southern-35

Belpre-31

Good luck to both teams and stay healthy

pbuck
All State

Re: WK3 (1-1) Belpre @ (2-0) Southern

Post by pbuck »

I'll take Belpre

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

If the boys from down at the barbershop in Syracuse are wearing the stripes and tossing the flags next week, it is gonna be a long night for Belpre :122245

I'm going to go out on a limb here and take Belpre by 14. I like what I've seen out of this young team the first two weeks, and they gave a quality opponent a good game last night, hanging with Fort Frye up until the 4th qtr.

I really like the athleticism that I saw from Belpre watching highlights of their game last night.

Good luck to both teams, play hard and injury free.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

If the Tulis(sp) kid is healthy I will take Belpre, if not I think Southern will pull it out.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Belpre walloped Southern last year but Southern is much improved this year as is Belpre.Losing Tullius in the first quarter hurt the Eagles offensively and defensively and the Fort Frye game could have been much different with him healthy,I think if he is ready to play next week Belpre will pull out a hard fought game against the Tornados. Go Eagles

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

Southern by 4 tds

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

Hope the Tornadoes play hard and get a W! I'll take southern 26-21.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard on ESPN 97.1 FM and online at http://www.wyvk.com.

Belpre fans or those out of the Racine, Pomeroy, Middleport, Mason, New Haven area will have to listen online as 97.1 FM is a local signal.

Meigscountyfootballfan
Waterboy

Post by Meigscountyfootballfan »

Southern should win this game by a couple scores. They will be tough to beat especially at home.
This senior and junior class is very talented and has very high hopes. They not only beat but shut down
a good South Gallia team on the road.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Southern by 28

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Meigscountyfootballfan wrote:Southern should win this game by a couple scores. They will be tough to beat especially at home.
This senior and junior class is very talented and has very high hopes. They not only beat but shut down
a good South Gallia team on the road.
Were they not talented last year when Belpre beat them 48-13 or were they Sophomores and Juniors at some other school.I don't think they have improved so much that they will beat Belpre by 4 touchdowns if Manney Tullius is healthy and playing.I look for The Eagles to win by 13 or 14 points.Go Eagles!!

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Eaglepapaw wrote:Belpre walloped Southern last year but Southern is much improved this year as is Belpre.Losing Tullius in the first quarter hurt the Eagles offensively and defensively and the Fort Frye game could have been much different with him healthy,I think if he is ready to play next week Belpre will pull out a hard fought game against the Tornados. Go Eagles
I watched this game last year and it was the worst game Southern played all year by far. I dont think it will happen again. Of course you never know in the tvc. Eastern drilled belpre last year then Southern whipped eastern. One never knows

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Eaglepawpaw

I'm sure the Southern appreciate you giving them some items to hang up for inspiration in the locker room. I'm sure they will use the term wallop to add fuel to the fire! Remember, its kids playing kids!!!

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

teach123 wrote:Eaglepawpaw

I'm sure the Southern appreciate you giving them some items to hang up for inspiration in the locker room. I'm sure they will use the term wallop to add fuel to the fire! Remember, its kids playing kids!!!
Nothing against the kids and I wish them all the luck in the world in every game they play, Walloped is just a term like 'Drilled or whipped" as one of your posters used and it wasn't used to degrade your kids in any way,sorry you took it that way.If you feel that I have helped your team to win this game then you are welcome.Looking forward to a good game Friday,good luck.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

The Hocking should be fun to watch this year. One and two are probably in the books but this game will go a long way towards deciding who takes 3rd. Eastern and Fed are in the mix right now along with Southern and Belpre--if one of these 4 separates from the others the Hocking could put 3 teams in the playoffs----if everything fell in to place maybe 4. Good luck to all.

amber_sturgil
Waterboy

Post by amber_sturgil »

LOL at high school football teams using comments on this website as bulletin board material.

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

I'm guessing Southern in a close game

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I see this game as a toss up.

Belpre is much improved over last year. However, I expect to see a much better Southern team than the one we defeated last year.

The Eagles need all of their players healthy in every game to give them the best chance of a victory. This will be a tough matchup for either team.

Picking the Eagles in a close game as this one will be decided by 7 points or less.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Return to “Football”