Week 5 - South Point (4-0) @ Lucasville Valley (4-0)

coop
SEOPS

Week 5 - South Point (4-0) @ Lucasville Valley (4-0)

Post by coop »

Pointers head to Lucasville much improved. Valley will come out and play the way they are capable after not playing as well as they should have against Peake. Valley won lat year 61-19.

L.Valley 38
S.Point 18

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Week 5 - South Point (4-0) @ Lucasville Valley (4-0)

Post by mattash »

Valley by 21 but should be fun.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

This will be ugly imo. Valley looking good this year. Sp hasn't played anyone with a winning record, Wellston the only ohio team they have played. Valley will get some good 2nd level points tho!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I do not expect this one to be close at all.

Valley will take it, 48-20.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

South Point = paper tigers. When the Pointers get a taste of the SOCII they won't know what hit them.

Valley 56-14

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

South Point is much improved and may hang around for a short period in this game. SOC II proves once again that it is far superior.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Awesome turn around for the Pointers but imo Valley will be a little to much.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

The Pointers opponents combined records (1-16), this could be an awakening for the Pointers.

superman06
Riding the Bench

Post by superman06 »

While the combined records of South Point opponents is not good, it should be mentioned that every school (with the exception of Wellston) has larger enrollment numbers. For example, Boyd County (KY) would be a D-II school in Ohio. I agree it will be a very tough game for the Pointers and that they will have to play their best football this year to compete with Valley. However, Valley shouldn't look past them. I believe the Pointers will surprise a lot of people with how close they keep this game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I don't remember the last time I saw the pointers at 4-0 , that's awesome. but my money, if I had any would be on valley.

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:The Pointers opponents combined records (1-16), this could be an awakening for the Pointers.
That's the very reason why they are 4-0. A good team should beat a bad team more often than not. So far, South Point has been the better team 4 times. The game against Valley will definently gauge just how good a team the Pointers have.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

superman06 wrote:While the combined records of South Point opponents is not good, it should be mentioned that every school (with the exception of Wellston) has larger enrollment numbers. For example, Boyd County (KY) would be a D-II school in Ohio. I agree it will be a very tough game for the Pointers and that they will have to play their best football this year to compete with Valley. However, Valley shouldn't look past them. I believe the Pointers will surprise a lot of people with how close they keep this game.
I can guarantee you that Valley will not look past South Point. Especially after their poor performance last night. Coach Crabtree will have their undivided attention this week and it will show come Friday night. Last night against Peake will go to show that you have to come to play every friday and you cant just show up and look pretty.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Hoping to see Valley come out with fire in their belly this week. Put this game away early.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

South Point first loss is not going to be pretty

BurgBalla
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBalla »

They are both really good teams, but I think South Point will have it's first lost. However, I think they might surprise us. I think Valley will win by 2 touchdowns.

bigpoppy20
Riding the Bench

Post by bigpoppy20 »

chicken_coop wrote:Pointers head to Lucasville much improved. Valley will come out and play the way they are capable after not playing as well as they should have against Peake. Valley won lat year 61-19.

L.Valley 38
S.Point 18
I will go 48-18 and valley plays much better than against chesapeake. SOCII wins again and those pointers finally get a good loss against a good team. Good luck!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I just hope the crowd is better this week. Valley has done so much to make game time better and all anyone did was complain. The horns too loud the music was too new bla bla bla lol. Me and my friends all thought it was great. It's hard to get the team fired up when most the crowd was not even paying attention. I know the slow pace offense of Chesapeake was pretty boring but still need to cheer the team on. The crowd from Chesapeake was embarrassing. I have never seen so few of fans in the visiting side. I look for it to be different this week. Maybe the winning lately has kinda spoiled the crowd. It has turned into a social event instead of a football game.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

^^^^ couldn't agree more

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

HEY ALL SOUTH POINT CAN DO IS PLAY EVERYONE ON THEIR SCHEDULE. AND THUS FAR THEY APPARENTLY HANDLED THEMSELVES. NOW THEY ARE GETTIN TO THE MEAT WITH THEIR TATERS, I STILL THINK VALLEY WINS, AND GREAT TO SEE SOUTH POINT IN WINNING MODE AGAIN.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

izladoom wrote:I just hope the crowd is better this week. Valley has done so much to make game time better and all anyone did was complain. The horns too loud the music was too new bla bla bla lol. Me and my friends all thought it was great. It's hard to get the team fired up when most the crowd was not even paying attention. I know the slow pace offense of Chesapeake was pretty boring but still need to cheer the team on. The crowd from Chesapeake was embarrassing. I have never seen so few of fans in the visiting side. I look for it to be different this week. Maybe the winning lately has kinda spoiled the crowd. It has turned into a social event instead of a football game.
Izladoom, I completely agree with you! Maybe some of us that care about this football program and the KIDS that PLAY THE GAME, could stand down around the entrance before the game and hand out complaint forms along with some cheese & crackers to go along with the "WHINE"! :mrgreen: I thought it went well (HORNS)..........sure better than those "GRAVEL FILLED MILK JUGS" :lol: , as far as the music selection.......that was provided/requested by a Senior FB Player to the PA announcer. :122246 Lack luster play is a concern of the Loyal True Fan...................But in the end the Tribe will prevail and VICTORY IN HAND!!!! Continue to "ROLL TRIBE, IT'S ONE GAME AT A TIME"!

Return to “Football”