Dream coach at your school

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Dream coach at your school

Post by Half Slice »

If it was solely your decision to hire a new coach at your local high school who would you select and why?

I don't think Saban or Urban are available so keep it believable.

No flaming please.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Dream coach at your school

Post by BigBlueNation »

My dream coach for Portsmouth West would be Ben Mauk. I know he did destroy us in the state championship but would still love to see him be our coach.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

I respond to this with two Fairfield County prodigies; Ron Hinton (formerly of Amanda-Clearcreek's dominant early 2000's tenure; now at Chillicothe) and Phil Mauro at Bloom-Carroll. These guys built football cultures at their schools in an effort to build a winner, and they have done fine jobs. It didn't matter if you hadn't played in middle school, didn't matter if you were a jock or a nerd, if you were willing to show up to practice, put in as much effort as the coaches give to help you, you'd be on the team. And these coaches create great auras and competitive attitudes as well, and that conducted towards success. Phil Mauro took over a program that was in dire straits in 2012 and in his first year took them to the playoffs. I want a coach everyone can respect and stand behind, THAT is what help makes a winner.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

At Marietta High School my dream coach would be Brad Burchfield from Columbus Hartley. A Marietta College Grad and was a teacher and assistant at MHS in the late 90's.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

AHM wrote:At Marietta High School my dream coach would be Brad Burchfield from Columbus Hartley. A Marietta College Grad and was a teacher and assistant at MHS in the late 90's.
Burchfield turned Centerburg into a very strong program while he was there and look at Hartley now (Hartley probably has one of the best football programs in the state of Ohio, regardless of size).

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Dream came true, Ron Hinton at Chillicothe.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Why would I ever want to replace Jay Circosta?

Well, actually, one of these days, he is going to finally say enough, but after I believe 41 years, he's still a going!

I know who I'd like to see replace him when Chief Jay finally does hang it up, but I'm afraid that is not going to happen (and Hell no, it is not me!).

Whomever tries to fill those moccasins, I wish them luck. Those are going to be some incredibly tough shoes to fill.

For cryin' out loud, he's been the head coach since I was eight years old! :122245

PvcBball
Freshman Team

Post by PvcBball »

Steely Dan wrote:Why would I ever want to replace Jay Circosta?

Well, actually, one of these days, he is going to finally say enough, but after I believe 41 years, he's still a going!

I know who I'd like to see replace him when Chief Jay finally does hang it up, but I'm afraid that is not going to happen (and Hell no, it is not me!).

Whomever tries to fill those moccasins, I wish them luck. Those are going to be some incredibly tough shoes to fill.

For cryin' out loud, he's been the head coach since I was eight years old! :122245
Would you mind sharing with us who you would like to see replace him? I hear this is his last year, though no one ever knows but him.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

luvbigcats wrote:My dream coach for Portsmouth West would be Ben Mauk. I know he did destroy us in the state championship but would still love to see him be our coach.
He is currently an assistant at Western Brown, maybe he will apply if it comes open. That would be something else. :idea:

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

luvbigcats wrote:My dream coach for Portsmouth West would be Ben Mauk. I know he did destroy us in the state championship but would still love to see him be our coach.

Wow...talk about a change! :lol: But I do like the way your thinking... If the school board made a hire like this, it's safe to say their seats are safe for as long as they felt necessary, not to say that they already aren't ;-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WELL MY CHOICE IS EASY, EXCEPT HE IS RETIRED AS THE WINNINGEST OHIO HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH EVER, IRONTON, OHIO'S VERY OWN BOB LUTZ. HE LED THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS TO THE PLAYOFFS NEARLY EVERY YEAR SINCE 1972, WHEN THEY STARTED THEM. ONLY MISSING HERE AND THERE

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

buckfarnesville14 wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:Why would I ever want to replace Jay Circosta?

Would you mind sharing with us who you would like to see replace him? I hear this is his last year, though no one ever knows but him.
My choice would be the most obvious choice, but he and I have talked about it a number of times over the years and he's not interested, unless he's changed his mind in the last 12 months.

He's been very consistent in telling me at this point in his life, he's not interested in trying to follow Jay. If Chief Jay does finally hang it up, I wish the best to his successor.

UrbanOhio2012
Freshman Team

Post by UrbanOhio2012 »

Since it's a dream...
Head Coach- Myself
Off Cord- Urban Meyer
Def Cord- Nick Saban
Doubt I would have to do much... I sure would look smart though.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

UrbanOhio2012 wrote:Since it's a dream...
Head Coach- Myself
Off Cord- Urban Meyer
Def Cord- Nick Saban
Doubt I would have to do much... I sure would look smart though.
Why would you pick Nick Saban? Aside from the NFL experience, he doesn't know how to coach defense in college (hence Will Muschamp from LSU and Kirby Smart at UA), so how could you want him teaching your kids how to play D?

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Would love to see Hinton at NY.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

knowledge wrote:
He is currently an assistant at Western Brown, maybe he will apply if it comes open. That would be something else. :idea:
He left Western Brown and is a assistant at Kenton. I also believe he has the high power academy or something where he developes quarterbacks. I know he left his mark at Western Brown they are averaging 459 passing yards a game this season.
Last edited by BigBlueNation on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Dave Boston Jr. So the dream is reality.

karlchilders
Waterboy

Post by karlchilders »

I would take Philthy Phil. Oh, wait, we already got Phil.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

Howie Caldwell. :12224

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Steegal wrote:Howie Caldwell. :12224
He couldnt take the cold temps sometimes associated with football season

Return to “Football”