WEEK 5 -IRONTON VS. PORTSMOUTH-HOME

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WEEK 5 -IRONTON VS. PORTSMOUTH-HOME

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

but first up Portsmouth, we gotta get by this one first.

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

Better come ready to play!!!! Is not going to be no walk in the park. None of our games are going to be with the way we been playing. Young or not 5 turnovers and poor execution is no excuse. Should have it together by now.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

whats up with officiating this game in past ? and yes I think I have heard a local crew does have this game (if its true).

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton is as young as the first game.
But I think the better word would be inexperience.
Ashland game was officiated well bad is all I can say.
The ref's no calls took a toll on the Tigers and players got frustrated and that is not the sign of a veteran team.
We will be missing a lineman this week if I heard correct but Ironton should still win this game if they stay focused and keep the turnovers down.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

this don't seem like a normal ironton/Portsmouth thread. no Trojans to pester

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:that is very doable, if we take care of business--------i'd love to win at least 1 of the big 3, Johnson central, colmbus bishop Harley, or Columbus saint Charles.--------does anybody have any news on starters that are injured returning.
I talked to a guy I used to work with from Pikeville. He said Johnson Central had several kids Transfer in including a JR RB that he says is better than JJ Jude, and we know how good he was. Their Field Goal Kicker kicked a 58 yard Field Goal this year and Ohio State is looking at him. He said they are bigger and better than last year all around.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

We need to take care of business tomorrow night.

GO TIGERS.........

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Game could be closer then most people think

BurgPunk
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgPunk »

I would not expect too many Portsmouth fans on this site nor in the stands...went to Portsmouth/Minford saturday b/c only game in town. Portsmouth's home stands was a ghost town. The few fans over their was either Burg folks "scouting" Minford or spillover from the huge visiting crowd. With P-Town having a new coach, awesome stadium, and perfect weather...it was rather sad to see as a loyal folllower of my program (win or lose). I know fans do not win/lose games...but it is a great feeling to be playing when you have your entire town backing you. Hopefully they can get it together...I am in favor of ALL area teams having a supporting town and involvement in their programs...makes it fun this time of year. Just my 2 1/2 cents $$.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Typical of most stadiums, when you when they will show up, when you struggle they would rather not.I expect tonights game to be a great one,toss up in my mind honestly

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree burgpunk. I hope it's a great crowd, this rivalry has been dominated by ironton of late and losing some of it's luster.
it still remains the second longest ohio high school football rivalry behind troy-piqua.i hope it becomes the showdown it once was. for both teams sakes.

WITH THAT SAID, LETS GO FIGHTING TIGERS , LET'S BEAT DEM OLE TROJANS.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Good luck Portsmouth!!

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: Trojans will roll the little kittens tonight. :twisted:

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Portsmouth is not as bad as their record. They have lost to 3 very good teams and have played a very tough schedule so far. Thru 4 weeks, their opponents record is 13-3. They just have to play 4 full quarters and limit mistakes. Which they have done once this year and that was against West.

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: The kitties will do well to win another game this year YIKES!!!!!! :razz: :razz:

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: Can someone from Portsmouth tell the kitty faithful how to spell WOODSHED!!!!!! :122248 :12222

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

well forrest , you have been a busy bee. i'm bout to light outta here shortly. and go see the bait kids n grandbaby. the baitmobile is headin south. I ain't fed the 4 dogs today, so they are good n hungry.
BAIT SAYS.----------------------27-21 FIGHTING TIGERS, WITH A MISSED EXTRA POINT.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:well forrest , you have been a busy bee. i'm bout to light outta here shortly. and go see the bait kids n grandbaby. the baitmobile is headin south. I ain't fed the 4 dogs today, so they are good n hungry.
BAIT SAYS.----------------------27-21 FIGHTING TIGERS, WITH A MISSED EXTRA POINT.
If the Portsmouth team that came out to play minford shows up tonight it wont be close at all but if they play like they did against Valley they might make a game out of it.... :?:

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

nutronron2012 wrote:Portsmouth is not as bad as their record. They have lost to 3 very good teams and have played a very tough schedule so far. Thru 4 weeks, their opponents record is 13-3. They just have to play 4 full quarters and limit mistakes. Which they have done once this year and that was against West.
Next week you can tell your opponents fan , " portsmouths opponents record is 16-5, through 5 weeks!"

bigcline81
Riding the Bench

Post by bigcline81 »

Portsmouth -0 Ironton -0 end of first

Return to “Football”