Week 5: Jackson (2-2) vs Wheelersburg (4-0)

Jesco White
S

Re: Week 5: Jackson (2-2) vs Wheelersburg (4-0)

Post by Jesco White »

I'll take Burg and their full throttle offense by multiple scores in their final tune-up before the brutal SOC play begins!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Even though the Burg is the #1 ranked d5 team, and Jackson would beat them which I don't think they will could that be a upset. Jackson is D3 aren't they. Dont see a upset there, they should beat them. Just my opinion.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

luvbigcats wrote:Even though the Burg is the #1 ranked d5 team, and Jackson would beat them which I don't think they will could that be a upset. Jackson is D3 aren't they. Dont see a upset there, they should beat them. Just my opinion.
Yes, I think it would most definitely be an upset.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Hoping for great game too be played. I think Jackson can do need best by there ran game I'm not sure teh Pirats can get off the feild on defence. Jackson can stop the turnovers they can probably have much better chance too stay ins the game Friday. It is hard to stop the rushin game and the receivers too kind of the old cant have your cake and eat it teo.

The wether looks good so fans don't need there cots.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good God Red Solo???? Are you from Jackson?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: LMAO!! I think REDSolo is in the Budweiser patch tonight.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Ironman I live in Jackson the passed 39 years. I grew up and graduated from Wellston in the early 70s

Know I don't drink tonight I have trouble tiping on this dumb thing. Phons defenatly give me trouble.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

That there is funny!!!! I don't care who you are..... that's just funny!!!!!! :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

RedSolo wrote:Ironman I live in Jackson the passed 39 years. I grew up and graduated from Wellston in the early 70s

Know I don't drink tonight I have trouble tiping on this dumb thing. Phons defenatly give me trouble.
Lol.....now it makes sense, I mean since, cents....scents? You know. Ewe no.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Ironman92 wrote:
RedSolo wrote:Ironman I live in Jackson the passed 39 years. I grew up and graduated from Wellston in the early 70s

Lol.....now it makes sense, I mean since, cents....scents? You know. Ewe no.
Claaasic! Iv bend tring to fine hm inn thes buud patch but no can fin him!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

He is right tho, if the Jackson run game gets going, it has been a prob for Burg. But they have been getting better week by week. Just the competition is different every week. Ironton mix of spread and T formation, CG run out of the I and some different run looks, Portsmouth from the spread and Fairland from a nice spread/run attack.

lrn4lf
Riding the Bench

Post by lrn4lf »

Who cares! This is fall ball time! Bring on baseball season!

Fan of The Blue and Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of The Blue and Gold »

Wow lrn4lf!!! Times have sure change in Wheelersburg!

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

I don't believe Jackson can match scores with the Burg. One hiccup and it is "Katy bar the door". Playing keep away is probably the only chance most area teams will have this year.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

4th n Goal wrote:
doubleplay643 wrote:One: It 15-17 year olds playing a senior heavy Burg ball club. Say what you want but a year or two is a big deal in experience and just overall athleticism.
I wouldn't call Burg a senior heavy team. There are 10 seniors on the Burg roster with one of those having not played this year (injury) and one who gets limited time if any. Burg does have seniors in the skill positions and a couple senior linemen, but most of the team are juniors (19) and sophomores (14) and a freshman kicker.
Oh come on now lol 4th n Goal.

I have 4 cousins from Wheelersburg, and we all know that a Burg senior = starting the year at 18/19 and finishing the year at 19+ lol. And all the 8th graders and freshman shave duck dynasty beards and drive to practice lol and all that other urban legend about two kindergartens or two first grades or whatever it is lol, maybe it is myth or maybe not...but whatever you are doing sure does turn out great kids and great teams on and off the gridiron and baseball fields. Great Burg programs and if we can compete it would say something about us, and if we could pull off the upset it would be huge for Jackson.

Go Red, first game toward being 8-2.

StCRedDevils
Riding the Bench

Post by StCRedDevils »

Good Luck Burg! I would love for St. C and Burg to sign on for another 2 years deal.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

@St.CRedDevil: Would love to see W'burg, Minford, or Lucasville Valley play teams, in the upper Ohio Valley Athletic conf, in the place of NW in the upcoming years. West Portsmouth is already playing Liberty Union, so I'll give them credit for playing a team from out of the area.

I was told the other day the SOCII has entered an agreement with the OVC to rotate and play at least two of their teams per year, for the next 10-years. I hope we all get to where we want to be playing S.P, River Valley and Rock Hill. This agreement needs to be with a conference out of the area like the one St.C is in(OVAC and not the OVC). And, we wonder why down here no one is winning regional titles anymore. :roll:

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Burg by 14

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

I got to talk with win of the players tonight. Sounds lik they are ready to og at it they had good practises.i predict Jackson by double digts 31-24.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

RedSolo wrote:I got to talk with win of the players tonight. Sounds lik they are ready to og at it they had good practises.i predict Jackson by double digts 31-24.
This dude is yanking our chains, right?

Return to “Football”