(48)Ironton @ South Point(0)

Game day
All State

Re: WEEK 5(1-3)IRONTON@(2-2)SOUTH POINT. WHAT SAY YA'LL

Post by Game day »

How bad does the program have to get and I use the program under Vass coaching in jest before some ''thing is done! Yes the talent might not be great but the fundamentals are terrible. Once again I watched this coming for the last 3 years and now it is in Vass's lap. He has hired coaches that not nothing about coaching kids up
and most of them were all running backs that never new what it took to get dirty and win the game.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: OVC WK5 (1-3) Ironton @ (2-2) South Point

Post by mattash »

Ironton big

I do like Ironton's offensive play calling. They will put up some numbers.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

What are you smoking pass it along!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think there is still a decent chance of ironton finishing 7-3. Really what is that much different then last 2 years besides the loss to fairland. This team is still 14-1 in the week OVC. And I would not be surprised that after week 10 they are 20-1 in the league and champions again. I would like them not to be but really you are basically at same point you have been the last 2 years 4 games into your season. Besides your 0-1 in league

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I have ate plenty of crow this year. and im not afraid to do it again. Ironton will not finish 7-3 peake Cg Portsmout healthy and Ga all have a really good chance at stopping them. I have not seen much talk about Rh so will not include them

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
bcltcr
Riding the Bench

Post by bcltcr »

Ironton isnt the old Ironton, but they are a fringe playoff team in region 19...with that being said they will win 48-7

I honestly think they beat Portsmouth week 10 (if Parker isn't back). Portsmouth is pedestrian without him. Peake and Gallia will be dogfights.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

and coal grove,portsmouth, and rock hill.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
OVCfanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by OVCfanatic »

Coaching changes have been made mid-season before, just ask the team Ironton is playing this week.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:11 pm I have ate plenty of crow this year. and im not afraid to do it again. Ironton will not finish 7-3 peake Cg Portsmout healthy and Ga all have a really good chance at stopping them. I have not seen much talk about Rh so will not include them
Got extra CROW in the freezer! ironton is in trouble just like Logan! :mrgreen:

OVCfanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by OVCfanatic »

Ironton 34 South Point 7, Pointers take it on the chin again they are 6 years away from competitive football. Ironton interim coach will get win, calls for Vass' job will grow louder.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

OVCfanatic wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:11 am Coaching changes have been made mid-season before, just ask the team Ironton is playing this week.
If it is not done soon then the BOE that ran and said there will be changes just blow smoke up are you know what.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

moonshine wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:25 am
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:11 pm I have ate plenty of crow this year. and im not afraid to do it again. Ironton will not finish 7-3 peake Cg Portsmout healthy and Ga all have a really good chance at stopping them. I have not seen much talk about Rh so will not include them
Got extra CROW in the freezer! ironton is in trouble just like Logan! :mrgreen:
Its not bad if ya turn it into jerky

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Just like everyone else in the league against South Point this season, Ironton names the score.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

Game day wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:34 am
OVCfanatic wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:11 am Coaching changes have been made mid-season before, just ask the team Ironton is playing this week.
If it is not done soon then the BOE that ran and said there will be changes just blow smoke up are you know what.
Are you saying people on the board now ran just to get rid of coaches? Or people that are running for election? If that's the case they are running for the wrong reason.

abelsdaddio
Waterboy

Post by abelsdaddio »

As bad as Ironton looks this year they still aren't South Point bad. If the Pointers were 100% healthy Ironton would still take this by 2+ TD's.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OVCfanatic wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:29 am Ironton 34 South Point 7, Pointers take it on the chin again they are 6 years away from competitive football. Ironton interim coach will get win, calls for Vass' job will grow louder.

who are we talking about here. why is this so secretive. even if someone sends me a pm, I wouldn't say anything. I don't understand why a change has to be so secretive no matter when or where the situation is -- teacher, coach, asst.coach band director whatever. I feel it's the school's responsibility to tell it's taxpayers of any pending changes whatever the reason. I like all the folks on the staff as people as people. but as assembled coaching staff, no one should be offended if there is eventually a change that comes into effect no matter which way that goes. the staff is just not getting kids motivated enough to play ball.sports is performance based, let's just be honest. winning brings fans, pays the bills, and supports the athletic endeavors, and equipment and pays for facility upgrades and changes. at every school, not just ironton. listening to folks talk these days nobody has respect for ironton anymore. I wear ironton football tee shirts from bob linn's everyday up here in waverly. and piketon and waverly folks look at me n grin. my sophomore year we beat waverly 68-0. which was my last year. they especially if they are younger have no idea of ironton's past. and we may never see that again. but I'd take it personal that everybody wants a piece of ironton now, because of the decline of the program. I can't get to the games hardly ever. because of having my 3 cornea transplants and my ability to drive at night. I can drive locally at night, maybe no farther than waverly, or church. and be cautious. but with my wife not getting off work sometimes as late as 6 or so. I have nobody to make the trip with. but I know one thing anybody that knows me knows I used to be at everyone of them, no matter where they went. but I lived in the area then and could see better to drive then. but the crowds you used to see are no longer there. and that pays the bills. ------------------------------- and coaching staffs should not be assembled with just worrying about which teacher can coach. that's absurd. pick the best person for the job, who has a job that they can be there. I'm not even calling for a change I'm just a fan. but if they do make a change, then make the most of it. ------------------------------ personally I think the district sees what a mistake running off Merrill triplett just because he followed a local hero. my sons got to play for him that year. and they were in the SEOAL, the stadium was packed and he make the playoffs playing teams like wheelersburg, Russell, Ashland, Marietta, jackson, logan, Zanesville, gahs, Portsmouth and the like. in that brief one season the went to the playoffs , and he didn't even really have time to get together a staff. and he took the job because nobody else wanted it or to follow coach lutz. he was done awful, and I witnessed it 1st hand. Merrill was all in , loves ironton, loves football, and was hardnosed as they come. we blew it there. he'd still be coaching and winning playoff games, trust me. so if they do make a change, make it a smart one that moves ironton football back into the spotlight. bob lutz was an amazing man, the best coach in ohio high school football history, and holds that record. and he did it in the playoffs virtually every year for 40 years. but he is gone. ironton football cannot move forward without dwelling on the past. unless we start doing things we did in the past. you can't keep doing the same things wrong, and expect anything to be any different. peopleabroad don't respect ironton football anymore, athletes or players. before they feared them and were intimidated by them, coaches and players. they'll tell you that. we hated that game on our schedule, they beat the he-- out of you every play. a lot of teams were beaten when those customized greyhounds pulled onto the lot. followed by a whole army of orange and black. and when our side got full, we'd fill up your side. and pack thousands more around your fences. cape's coach told me it was the most intimidating place he ever played at the tank. coach jacoby of desales told me the same thing. that can happen again, but not without substantial change. we need a no nonsense hard --- to get the most back out of our kids. you're teaching more than just football fundamentals here you are shaping lives, giving kids a chance to play college ball and get a fee education. as well as putting the pride of the whole city of ironton on their shoulders and packing that load with tiger pride. YTB.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

2006 Merrill Triplett 6 - 5

Ironton Opp
Wheelersburg (A) 24 21
Olentangy Liberty (A) 14 20
St Thomas More (Ontario) 27 7
Jackson 48 20
Chillicothe 14 47
Marietta 28 20
Gallia Academy 7 14
Portsmouth 49 42
Zanesville 48 7
Logan 0 7
Totals Regular Season 259 205

Westfall (Playoffs - Westfall) 35 42
Totals 294 247
THIS WAS MERILL TRIPLETTS LONE SEASON, AND DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TIME TO BUILD A STAFF, AS YOU CAN SEE IT'S NOT AN OVC, OR SOC SCHEDULE. YOU HAVE TO KNOW THEY WOULD HAVE STAYED DOMINANT WITH ACTUALLY BEING ABLE TO ASSEMBLE A STAFF HE HAD TIME TO PICK.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IF WE HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF ASSEMBLING TEAMS AND ATHLETES LIKE THAT ANYMORE. AND WANT TO SETTLE INTO MEDIOCRATY AND HAVE TEAMS RIDICULE US THAT FEARED US BACK IN THE DAY. THEN DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I have to agree with what you said.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Home

On September 14 2007 Ironton defeated Jackson to give Ironton it's 600th school victory. This number puts Ironton in the top 120 wins list nationally!

Top Programs In Wins At Beginning Of 2007 School Year *(footnote)

Rankings National/State School Wins
Percent (Wins-Loss-Ties)

2 1 Massillon 774 .7025 (751-306-42)
6 2 Canton McKinley 751 .7640 (774-227-35)
31 3 Steubenville 678 .6902 (678-295-34)
46 4 Fostoria 652 .6230 (652-385-48 )
62 5 Warren G. Harding 629 .6140 (629-386-51)
66 6 Sandusky 628 .6445 (628-337-42)
67 7 Bellaire 627 .6648 (627-303-53)
81 8 Martin's Ferry 617 .6455 (617-331-35)
82 9 Piqua 616 .6190 (616-370-48 )
87 10 Hamilton 612 .5693 (612-460-25)
105 11 Troy 601 .6224 (601-356-44
111 12 Ironton 598 .6568 (598-302-44)

as you can see, they were not to be toyed at or ridiculed, up till like 2007, the burg had only beaten them like 3 times. now they are running through us every year with running clocks, and laughing their butts off.

Return to “Football”