Wheelersburg 42 Minford 13

vladimir
S

Re: Week 8- Wheelersburg (7-0) vs. Minford (6-1)

Post by vladimir »

Also you ask the question of whom I would pick up to replace Rock Hill and Northwest.

Chesapeke just dropped Wayne, WV for week 1. I would replaced my week 1 game of Rock Hill with Wayne, WV.

Also, I'm sure Ironton would love to play Minford. And later in the year, I did see where Miami Trace- Washington Court House has an open week 7 to replace NW.

Whoever said Piketon usually has a good program cannot be serious.

HiTops: You're never going to be ready to play these teams, until you MAKE yourself get ready to play these teams. Think about it!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

HItops wrote:
Vladimir wrote:@HiTops: Not to get on here and sound like Paladin, but thanks for proving my point that most SEO teams are willing to accept mediocrity and have the big fish in a small pond out look. Mark this down, there will not be an area team win a regional title just like the past decade. Wheelersburg will not make it past the second round and Valley could make it to the regional championship, but that's it.

If you look at the area teams that have played in the state let's use Ironton, W'burg (Hall era), and West.

Ironton has always played a very competitive schedule and has the hardware to prove it.

W'burg under Larry Hall in the 1990s, he was going out and picking teams up like Martins Ferry, Newark Catholic, St. Clairsville, Hamilton Badin, Bishop Ready, Cincinnati Reading, and I also believe he played Coldwater one year, didn't he? All the while having Ironton as his first game. And guess what else? When is the last time W'burg won a regional championships? You guessed it, it was under Larry Hall.

Portsmouth West: 2000-2002 Played Kenton for the state championship, and was told they get demolished in the state semis by Youngstown Ursline because they were too small and too slow. West was playing teams like Bellaire, Cincinnai Reading, etc.

With Minford last night, how many procedure and off-sides infractions did you see on a 2 and less than 5, when rushing the ball was starting to work? When Minford played West earlier this year, same silly penalties, no mental discipline.

Good luck to whomever you cheer for but enjoy it while it lasts b/c in a month from now you'll be watching HS basketball.

What your stating has nothing to do with scheduling .....it has to do with execution of game plan ....and when wheelersburg was doing all that they had a way bigger enrollment and WAY BIGGER players ....and they EXECUTED well ....you still have to execute the plays to beat whoever is on your schedule .....minford doesnt execute well and they will be lucky to beat waverly or whoever they play ....today Iowa is execting the game plan better than the buckeyes ....but overall the big ten is down on talent ....you have to beat the teams on your schedule period ....

Haha it has everything to do with scheduling, you cannot seriously be saying that with a straight face?!?!?! So you're trying to tell me, a team doesn't prepare and focus a little more in practice if they see Ironton coming up as opposed to Ironton Rock Hill?

I do agree about executing a game plan, and that's why I said Minford need to decide if they want to be a spread or a wing-t team.

Again, that's the Big Fish in a small pond attitude and that's why you'll be watching basketball in a month.
Last edited by vladimir on Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

Vladimir wrote:Also you ask the question of whom I would pick up to replace Rock Hill and Northwest.

Chesapeke just dropped Wayne, WV for week 1. I would replaced my week 1 game of Rock Hill with Wayne, WV.

Also, I'm sure Ironton would love to play Minford. And later in the year, I did see where Miami Trace- Washington Court House has an open week 7 to replace NW.

Whoever said Piketon usually has a good program cannot be serious.

HiTops: You're never going to be ready to play these teams, until you MAKE yourself get ready to play these teams. Think about it!!

ok so coach daniels schedules 2 teams from where ever and whatever divisions .....gets beat badly or wins ....how does that make you better .....you are still playing your soc ll schedule and cant beat the better teams in it ....you still have to execute and play well no matter who you are playing .....OMG ....making yourself a better team comes from playing games in general how is your teams football IQ , how many athletes do you have and how much experience the team has ...not who you are playing.... If you cant get up for the wheelersburg game then what other team do you think they could get up for....i have been out of school 32 yrs and i still get up for the burg games

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

If you play a tough schedule year in and year out and you have good athletes you are going to get better. However you can't schedule a team like ready for one year and think it's going to make your team better. These kids have to play tough competition from the time they are freshman to their senior year. But if you don't have the athletes it doesn't matter. Look at NW, they play teams who are a lot better every year and it gets them no where!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

How does that make you better? It makes more you mentally prepared to handle the same situation when it comes up again (E.g., Being in a big game against a quality opponent, before you get into league play. Beating teams by 40-points does no good for either program, it's noting more than practice and gives false confidence to how good you really are.

How does this get you better?? You will never be ready, until you make yourself get ready.

Of course they can get up for W'burg game, who doesn't?? But when that's only half the problem, there needs to be a few more so it's not the biggest game they've played in all year. The other half, to your point of execution, is because there's two systems being run (Spread/Wing-t,) and neither one are being mastered.

What direction was Brisker taking Minford? He was actively seeking out to schedule PHS regular basis, Ironton, Jackson, and Gallia. Ever think why he was doing this?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Alitown wrote:If you play a tough schedule year in and year out and you have good athletes you are going to get better. However you can't schedule a team like ready for one year and think it's going to make your team better. These kids have to play tough competition from the time they are freshman to their senior year. But if you don't have the athletes it doesn't matter. Look at NW, they play teams who are a lot better every year and it gets them no where!

Minford has the kids to play and beat any of those teams I mentioned early. Gallia Academy is another one. I'm not saying to go out and schedule Col. Hillard Davidson, Cincinnati Moller or Clev. St. Iggy so lets not get that started. You should want teams on your schedule that you feel you can beat, but if you get lazy, they have the ability to beat you.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

Vladimir wrote:
Alitown wrote:If you play a tough schedule year in and year out and you have good athletes you are going to get better. However you can't schedule a team like ready for one year and think it's going to make your team better. These kids have to play tough competition from the time they are freshman to their senior year. But if you don't have the athletes it doesn't matter. Look at NW, they play teams who are a lot better every year and it gets them no where!

Minford has the kids to play and beat any of those teams I mentioned early. Gallia Academy is another one. I'm not saying to go out and schedule Col. Hillard Davidson, Cincinnati Moller or Clev. St. Iggy so lets not get that started. You should want teams on your schedule that you feel you can beat, but if you get lazy, they have the ability to beat you.
They evidently dont .............they cant beat BURG ......arrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh......and why not schedule ALL THE HILLIARD TEAMS ..... Alot of good that will do them

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

Vladimir wrote:

I don't think you will find anyone that thinks playing rock hill will benefit your program. However I don't think it wouldn't have mattered who you played this year I think wheelersburg would have still won. Minford has great athletes, but there is one position that is really hurting them right now. I do think your schedule hurt you guys against west though!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Well, I've personally seen them beat those teams at the lower levels, so I know they have it in them.

If you think going 7-3 and 8-2 and being in the lower 25% of the state of Ohio, finishing in the bottom half of the SOCII, only 1 SOCII championship in 10 years, and win 1 playoff gam in 5 attempts is something that sits well with you. Then, I guess we just have different expectations of what we deem successful.

If that's the approach you want, why don't we just join the SOCI and beat up on Green, East, ND, and Oak Hill? Maybe then we can go 10-0....

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

Vladimir wrote:Well, I've personally seen them beat those teams at the lower levels, so I know they have it in them.

If you think going 7-3 and 8-2 and being in the lower 25% of the state of Ohio, finishing in the bottom half of the SOCII, only 1 SOCII championship in 10 years, and win 1 playoff gam in 5 attempts is something that sits well with you. Then, I guess we just have different expectations of what we deem successful.

If that's the approach you want, why don't we just join the SOCI and beat up on Green, East, ND, and Oak Hill? Maybe then we can go 10-0....
Did I ever once mention what I thought was successful? If you would have scheduled tougher competition u would have been 3-7 4-6! I was trying to be nice instead of just coming out and saying Minford just isn't that good but your not getting it. I completely understand what your saying about playing tougher teams. I totally agree with that but sometime you just have to face that a team is that much better than you. And are you really comparing Jr high to varsity football? So many things change from then until now

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Alitown wrote:
I don't think you will find anyone that thinks playing rock hill will benefit your program. However I don't think it wouldn't have mattered who you played this year I think wheelersburg would have still won. Minford has great athletes, but there is one position that is really hurting them right now. I do think your schedule hurt you guys against west though!
The strength of schedule may have been a little better this year than in some years past (Columbus Grandview was a good pick-up), yet strength of schedule made ZERO difference in the game last night and made little to no difference against West. They were flat against West and West played with passion. Wheelersburg exposed some things and positions last night and they were simply a much better team. The same thing may very well happen again, as bad as I hate to say it, against Valley. Sometimes getting humbled can make a difference in a player(s) and a team. Let's hope so or the Falcons may end up 6-4.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

@HiTops:
That's exactly the point you fail to understand, if they don't come mentally prepared and execute the game plan, they'll go 3-7 and 4-6, and that's what they need so they can learn to get better. You'd want a team to make them pay for their mistakes, so they quit making them, and when league play starts they're not making the mistakes.

I'm not suggesting D-1 powerhouses. The ones I've suggested: Gallia barely got by PHS, Washington CH barely beat Waverly. Minford would beat Ironton this year.

Also, lets just say Minford does make it in at an 8th seed and they get matched up against Kettering Archbishop Alter, what do you think is going to happen there?

I'd prefer to play a team or two in the regular season like that to know where I stand, rather than to get into the playoffs and get embarrassed.

I do think W'burg was the better team and they exploited Minford's weaknesses as good teams do, but they were not 4TDs better. Way too many mistakes by the Falcons
Last edited by vladimir on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Vladimir wrote:Also, lets just say Minford does make it in at an 8th seed and they get matched up against Kettering Archbishop Alter, what do you think is going to happen there?
Everyone better hope that does not happen. It would make last night look like a close game.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Alitown wrote:
Vladimir wrote:Well, I've personally seen them beat those teams at the lower levels, so I know they have it in them.

Did I ever once mention what I thought was successful? If you would have scheduled tougher competition u would have been 3-7 4-6! I was trying to be nice instead of just coming out and saying Minford just isn't that good but your not getting it. I completely understand what your saying about playing tougher teams. I totally agree with that but sometime you just have to face that a team is that much better than you. And are you really comparing Jr high to varsity football? So many things change from then until now
Alitown that was directed towards HiTops. I think we were posting at the same time.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I would like to keep PHS and pick up Ironton, Coal Grove, Jackson and then we could get a KY or WVA school.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

This is a schedule that I think every game Minford can win and each team has the ability to beat Minford and make them play 4 quarters of football.

1) Wayne, WV
2) Col. Grandview Heights
3) Paint Valley
4) Ironton
5) Oak Hill
6) West
7) Washington C H
8 ) Wheelersburg
9) Waverly
10) Valley

2015:
1) Wayne, WV
2) Oak Hill
3) Paint Valley
4) Ironton
5) Gallia Academy
6) West
7) Washington C H
8 ) Wheelersburg
9) Waverly
10) Valley

B0UNCE
Riding the Bench

Post by B0UNCE »

Burg is Burg they are community strong that supports there boys 100%. They had no problem setting up there tailgating party right on the main strip in the middle of Minford letting the town know were here and where our players had to notice as they drove in. They were polite they waived as people drove by. Falcons I have watched you for years and continue to watch an cheer you for many more. I do wish we would spread things out where our line, backs, and QB wouldn't have 10 facing them down but Daniels has Falcon passion and I must and will support our boys regardless win or lose. Falcons for some it is your last two games and you will probably join the preps opinion board voicing your thoughts of what your old team should do. But remember you have to play the next two as your last and leave everything on the field an hope there is one more. Good luck.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:
Vladimir wrote:Also, lets just say Minford does make it in at an 8th seed and they get matched up against Kettering Archbishop Alter, what do you think is going to happen there?
Everyone better hope that does not happen. It would make last night look like a close game.
You can say that again! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

I do not have a dog in this fight but I thought that I would give my 2 cents. Minford first needs to decide if they want to be a good team that will compete to win the SOC II each year or do they want to compete for an SOC II and be a playoff team each year. I know your kids want to be a consistent competitive playoff team. I know that if Wheelersburg had moved up to DIV the first thing that they would do is to make changes to their schedule. They need to be playing more GOOD DIV teams in the season for computer points and also those GOOD DIV teams would expose things that are not getting exposed until they reach the SOC games and it is to late to do anything about it. Good example is Burg this year if you look at this thread you will find that early in the season it was exposed that Burg could not defend the run. So Burg makes changes and i think that most of the Minford fans would say that Burg can defend the run. This was exposed early enough that they were able to make changes to correct this before the SOC started. This is why we schedule teams that are good enough to expose things and are good enough that it gives us confidence that we can compete with the top 8 teams in our region.

The other thing that I believe they need to do is decide if they are going to be a spread offense or a wing-t and stick with it. This decision will have to be based on your skill players.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Burgball: Thank you!! You hit the nail on the head and that's exactly what I've been trying to say all along.

Minford fans: Don't take me wrong, I'm just as frustrated as everyone else watching this happen to us year after year, and continuing to wonder what's going wrong. We need to beef up our schedule early in the year to expose weaknesses, so that when we get into league play those things are already ironed out.

Regardless, it's time to circle the wagons and get ready for the Waverly Tigers. Waverly gave West everything they wanted last night, so don't think they will let us come up there and just lay down and get an easy win.

Return to “Football”