Wheelersburg 42 Minford 13

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Re: Week 8- Wheelersburg (7-0) vs. Minford (6-1)

Post by NewEra »

Don't under estimate the speed of the Falcons, they have some guys who can move on defense, and get to the edge of offense. I feel the West loss was more of a mental preparation thing rather than phsyical or skillful play, similar to only winning 17-6 last season.

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

NewEra wrote:Don't under estimate the speed of the Falcons, they have some guys who can move on defense, and get to the edge of offense. I feel the West loss was more of a mental preparation thing rather than phsyical or skillful play, similar to only winning 17-6 last season.
I watched Northwest break out some pretty big runs against them....

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

marshallman wrote:I don't think "Millersburg" is going to run away with this game, its at Minford, Minford has great running backs and a huge OL. ground and pound this game. Burgs defense is suspect, keep their offense on the side line and make them stop the run which they will put 9 in the box like every school Minford has faced. All you hear on offense is Miller, Miller and Claxon. two WR and QB? E. Miller is the straw that stirs the drink, look for Minford to bottle him up, put pressure on him and force bad throws. Minford will be jacked up, Wheelersburg, all they care about is getting revenge on Valley. I look for this game close at the half. close in the 3rd and then Minford kicking the field goal late in the 4th and winning 31-28.

......and your question is what? Stop those three and you stop the Burg????? Burg is more that a three man team. Yes, those three are three of many on offense that get the ball. Burg throws a lot to the TE's and they run the read option about as good as any team I have seen. Ellis runs the ball hard out of the backfield as does a now healthy Howard.

Burg is no way a one dimensional team. They beat you with whatever the defense gives you. You blitz them they will nickel and dime you with the short pass. You fall back into a deep zone to defend the pass they will run the ball on you all night long.

Trust me, Burg is not taking this game lightly. Burg went in there a few years back and left with a "L" on the books. Burg will be ready

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

NewEra wrote:Don't under estimate the speed of the Falcons, they have some guys who can move on defense, and get to the edge of offense. I feel the West loss was more of a mental preparation thing rather than phsyical or skillful play, similar to only winning 17-6 last season.
That may be true but watching the West game, Minford looked extremely slow defensively. They were beaten to the edge all night long and couldn't stop West at all. I thought that might have a lot to do with West being quick, but watching them not move the ball at all on Valley, that is not the case. Minford better flow faster and get to the ball this week or Burg will score in bunches. I know that last season the Falcons had success lining up and running right at the Burg defense. They will have to do that again this week to have a chance.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Would like to see Minford win, but will have to go with Burg in this one.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Crab's brother wrote:

That may be true but watching the West game, Minford looked extremely slow defensively. They were beaten to the edge all night long and couldn't stop West at all. I thought that might have a lot to do with West being quick, but watching them not move the ball at all on Valley, that is not the case. Minford better flow faster and get to the ball this week or Burg will score in bunches. I know that last season the Falcons had success lining up and running right at the Burg defense. They will have to do that again this week to have a chance.
The game last year was in burgs control the entire game. Pirates fumbled at least two times in red zone in 1st half. The falcons need to play ball control and make Eddie make several mistakes. Other wise burg should wi

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

No excuses for West but they acted like they forgot the game of football against Valley.Looked like they were whipped from the moment they stepped out to play. Valley did great job and handled West easily. I think West is better than they played and Minford is better than they played against West. I was really off last week so imagine its Burgs game to lose but sure would like to see Minford get some breaks and win this one. Good luck Falcons. It is high school.
Last edited by urban buck on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
marshallman wrote:I don't think "Millersburg" is going to run away with this game, its at Minford, Minford has great running backs and a huge OL. ground and pound this game. Burgs defense is suspect, keep their offense on the side line and make them stop the run which they will put 9 in the box like every school Minford has faced. All you hear on offense is Miller, Miller and Claxon. two WR and QB? E. Miller is the straw that stirs the drink, look for Minford to bottle him up, put pressure on him and force bad throws. Minford will be jacked up, Wheelersburg, all they care about is getting revenge on Valley. I look for this game close at the half. close in the 3rd and then Minford kicking the field goal late in the 4th and winning 31-28.

......and your question is what? Stop those three and you stop the Burg????? Burg is more that a three man team. Yes, those three are three of many on offense that get the ball. Burg throws a lot to the TE's and they run the read option about as good as any team I have seen. Ellis runs the ball hard out of the backfield as does a now healthy Howard.

Burg is no way a one dimensional team. They beat you with whatever the defense gives you. You blitz them they will nickel and dime you with the short pass. You fall back into a deep zone to defend the pass they will run the ball on you all night long.

Trust me, Burg is not taking this game lightly. Burg went in there a few years back and left with a "L" on the books. Burg will be ready

Don't forget about May. He may me the fastest of the bunch and has really come on the past 3-4 games as a weapon running and receiving.

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr_Know »

wobycat wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:

The game last year was in burgs control the entire game. Pirates fumbled at least two times in red zone in 1st half. The falcons need to play ball control and make Eddie make several mistakes. Other wise burg should wi
I think you are both right. Minford did have success running the ball at Burg, but they tried to get cute at times. And you are right on about Burg being in control. Burg was the better team and they are this year as well. Burg's speed will be the difference and they will win the game, but this game could be telling for how Burg stacks up with Valley. If Burg struggles at all with the run game or with Minford's line, that could spell trouble with the Indians. Regardless the Pirates are playing a big game this week and I believe we win by 20 or so. Go Pirates!

Dr_Know
Riding the Bench

Post by Dr_Know »

urban buck wrote:No excuses for West but they acted like they forgot the game of football against Valley.Looked like they were whipped from the moment they stepped out to play. Valley did great job and handled West easily. I think West is better than they played and Minford is better than they played against West. I was really off last week so imagine its Burgs game to lose but sure would like to see Minford get some breaks and win this one. Good luck Falcons. It is high school.
I think it looked less like West forgot football and more like they were not on Valley's level just like every Valley poster tried to tell you. They were whipped from the beginning because they just weren't good enough. Anyone who had watched both teams could clearly see it.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Yea I think urban as much as admitted that Dr. He is referring to the way the came out and seemed intimidated, almost like they read all the crap on here.Lets hope kids dont get on here much and if they do, take much of it with a grain of salt. We all know that Valley outmatched them at every position much like Liberty Union. But West played lethargic and not like they did the first 6 ballgames so I get what he is saying. No matter Valley would of won regardless and that is what I read from him. Part of that is to do with Valley being that much more talented and experienced.Maybe someone will get all the West kids ipads.lol. I doubt the coaches at West would trade any of their players for anyone elses though. We will see how the rest plays out. Got to go with Minford though Burg is obvious heavy favorite.

If Minford will pound the ball and do what they do best. They will need to be very disciplined on defense against Miller and the passing game.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

local superstar wrote:Yea I think urban as much as admitted that Dr. He is referring to the way the came out and seemed intimidated, almost like they read all the crap on here.Lets hope kids dont get on here much and if they do, take much of it with a grain of salt. We all know that Valley outmatched them at every position much like Liberty Union. But West played lethargic and not like they did the first 6 ballgames so I get what he is saying. No matter Valley would of won regardless and that is what I read from him. Part of that is to do with Valley being that much more talented and experienced.Maybe someone will get all the West kids ipads.lol. I doubt the coaches at West would trade any of their players for anyone elses though. We will see how the rest plays out. Got to go with Minford though Burg is obvious heavy favorite.

If Minford will pound the ball and do what they do best. They will need to be very disciplined on defense against Miller and the passing game.
Not iPads........it was the iPhones that we all bought for them as an illegal gift when we recruited them!! We didn't think it was right that we bought all the parents new houses, without getting the kids anything. Then, with the money we make off their illegal autograph sessions, we hired officials to cheat and fumed the locker room so our opponents would be lethargic and play absolutely nothing like the .500 team they are when they enter Lucasville!!! That's how our championships are won lol 8) :lol:

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Not sure what your so sensitive about but here we go again. Chill Jesco chill man. No one is digging on you for having them. Just be nice to have. As an educated person I can comment without your crazy and unnecessary response.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

local superstar wrote:Not sure what your so sensitive about but here we go again. Chill Jesco chill man. No one is digging on you for having them. Just be nice to have. As an educated person I can comment without your crazy and unnecessary response.
You really took anything I said serious? Come on man!!!!! I thought I went far enough overboard with a ridiculous comment on all the craziness discussed in last week's thread that it would be obvious that I was joking. Heck man, I even put the little "cool" face and the "laughing" face lol

My youngest son goes to West and plays pee wee football there man. I'm not gonna take serious jabs at any SOC schools. It's all good 8)

OrginialYouKnow
JV Team

Post by OrginialYouKnow »

The Burg!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2013] Wheelersburg (OH) 42, [2013] Milford (OH) 14

Oh man!!!!!!! Could get ugly fast with predictions like this!! Haha :shock:

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Da Burg will win this game but I look for minford to give them one heck of a game like always! like somebody said earlier....if the game is close in the forth quarter, minford wont stop playin with all their heart so Burg better gett ahead by a few tds asap! GO PIRATES!!!!

Burg 42
Minford 28

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

the difference in the burg this year is i see a lot of depth. starting left guard has been out since portsmouth. left tackle out since the 3rd play of the game against jackson. both 280. both have play some d-line. starting Rb was out since the 3rd play against ironton. he play minimal against waverly. their starting strong safety out since the scrimmages. all back this week except for maybe robinson. they have played 4 rb's this year--about 6 different rec. and had 3 new d-linmen in against waverly that i have never seen play d-line this year. i think the only have about 4 guys going both ways with everyone healthy. this is what impresses me the most about the burg this year.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

These two teams have played each other tooth and nail since pee-wees, Jr. High, Freshman, etc., with each game being decided by a TD or less. I expect nothing less than the same will happen here. W'burg needs to jump on Minford early and Minford need to have their offense be their best defense and keep W'burg off the field.

A common opponent: Portsmouth's defense hung with Wburg until the start of the 4th quarter and their defense did have a few key stops. Portsmouth dropped wide open passes on 3 and 4th down in the Pirate red zone and W' burg made the Trojans pay for their mistakes on scoring drives. Portsmouth did try and get the edge and did pass the ball out of the spread gun option and Minford was able to shut the Trojans down. I do feel the Falcon 97-yard drive where Minford didn't attempt one pass, to end the first half, wore the Trojans down both physically and mentally and they were done by halftime. Anytime you can run the ball down another teams throat and they have no answer, it does affect them mentally and it shows in the later quarters. That's exactly what Minford needs to do here and not get discouraged if they're stopped a time or two.

I'll chalk the West game up to experience and sometimes it's good for a team to go thru that to get their heads screwed back on straight. Minford has made the necessary adjustments, their coaches have addressed the problems that happened against west, and now it's up to the kids to preform.

Minford must capitalize when in the zed zone and come away with points and keep W'burgs offense of the field. If Minford does this and sticks to what they do best with their ground and pound game and doesn't get cute they will come away with the win.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2013] Wheelersburg (OH) 42, [2013] Milford (OH) 14

Oh man!!!!!!! Could get ugly fast with predictions like this!! Haha :shock:
Only thing is, Wheelersburg is not playing the Milford Eagles this week.

Return to “Football”