Week 8: Athens (7-0) (2-0) at Vinton County (4-3) (1-1)

moonshine
SEO

Re: Week 8: Athens (7-0) (2-0) at Vinton County (4-3) (1-1)

Post by moonshine »

Dundas wrote:
moonshine wrote:Another lopsided victory over a weak team!

Bullpuppies 64

Vikings 21
Apparently Gallia, Watkins, Warren, Fairland, Jackson, Wellston, Alex and VC are all weak teams.
Sir, some are weaker than other, very few good teams in SEO as of now, can count on one hand with fingers left the good teams!

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

This game can be heard on 970 WATH and 97.1 FM tonight with pre game starting at 7:15! You can listen on the free 970 WATH smartphone app or online here: http://streamdb3web.securenetsystems.ne ... teURL=true

Make sure to follow us on twitter for full score updates from around the region @WATHSportsFan and listen to the Football Friday Night Post game show on Power 105 after the game!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Lets go VIKES.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Dundas wrote:Lets go Vikes!! Shock the world!

Dundas, after this game you need to do some research to find out where it lies as one of the worst defeats in Viking football history!
I have a feeling it could be the worst, even if the Bulldog starters only play a half. Vikings can't defend the pass, and they will not run the ball effectively on the Athens first team "D"!
The only team that can beat the ATHENS BULLDOGS is The Athens Bulldogs.

GO VIKES AND STAY HEALTHLY FOR NY AND WELLSTON

I love the Vikes, but they are no match vs the "Dogs in this one. :(

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

66-0 defeat vs Portsmouth in 2001.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

28/06 at the Half Athens

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

noreply66 wrote:28/06 at the Half Athens
35 to 6

CoyDuke
Freshman Team

Post by CoyDuke »

Athens now up 48-6 after running a hook and lateral late in the 3rd quarter. Very classy.
Last edited by CoyDuke on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

CoyDuke wrote:Athens now up 48-6 after running a hook and lateral late in the 3rd quarter. Very classy. This tells you all you need to know about Athens athletics right now....overwhelmingly talented and overwhelmingly classless. The tvc let Athens in when they sucked at everything and now that they are good and have their way in the league, they want to puff their chest out and be arrogant. It's school wide right now.
Athens could have beat up 80 to 12 but that's not how Athens plays Talking about classless, your boys had so many personal fouls and your coach is an idiot for going for it on 4th and 38. God I hate stupid comments like this

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I actually thought VC did a very good job last night, their game plan was obvious but they executed the plan very well. VC on offense would come to the line and run the play clock inside of 5 seconds every play to shorten the game as much as possible and used a power running game and some good blocking to pick up enough first downs to keep the Athens offense on the sidelines for much of the night. On defense the Vikings were changing their defensive look right up till the snap hoping to confuse the Athens offense but with little success. VC really put a premium on pass defense and the coverage was pretty good but they left themselves open to the run and Trae Williams made them pay for it. The Athens passing attack wasn't as sharp as usual and honestly had one of their worst efforts since the installation of this offense. VC came out and tried to play very aggressively but they did have some trouble keeping their emotions in check racking up 12 penalties of which 6 were personal fouls that either killed their own drives or aided drives for the Bulldogs. The Bulldog starting offense played two series in the second half before turning the ball over to freshman QB Brendan Sano and his young counterparts in Trey Keifer and Hunter Mullins who showed Bulldog fans a glimpse into the future as these young men played very well together closing out the game. Athens may not have played the prettiest of games and after the performance last week anything wasn't going to look quite as good but the important part is that the Bulldogs picked up win #8 and stayed fairly healthy in the process. Up next is Meigs for what will amount to be the TVC Ohio title game. Go Dogs!

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

I don't know, I think Athens has been arrogant over the last two seasons. When Jackson went to Athens this year I thought there fans were smug. I couldn't stand being in line at the concession stand. i have never seen so many people so full of the them selves.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Solomon wrote:I don't know, I think Athens has been arrogant over the last two seasons. When Jackson went to Athens this year I thought there fans were smug. I couldn't stand being in line at the concession stand. i have never seen so many people so full of the them selves.
You're judging a teams' fan base, a community, a team, by how a few people in line at a concession stand acted?

really?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Solomon wrote:I don't know, I think Athens has been arrogant over the last two seasons. When Jackson went to Athens this year I thought there fans were smug. I couldn't stand being in line at the concession stand. i have never seen so many people so full of the them selves.

Pot calling the kettle black.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

VIKED_MAN wrote:
Dundas wrote:Lets go Vikes!! Shock the world!

Dundas, after this game you need to do some research to find out where it lies as one of the worst defeats in Viking football history!
I have a feeling it could be the worst, even if the Bulldog starters only play a half. Vikings can't defend the pass, and they will not run the ball effectively on the Athens first team "D"!
The only team that can beat the ATHENS BULLDOGS is The Athens Bulldogs.

GO VIKES AND STAY HEALTHLY FOR NY AND WELLSTON

I love the Vikes, but they are no match vs the "Dogs in this one. :(
I am glad to be wrong. Great game plan VC coaches! Take away some bad timing penalties, and Vikes could have made a game of this one.
Athens is the real deal, and the team, the fans, and the community has a right to boast.

GOOD LUCK DOGS, REST OF THE WAY, ALL THE WAY TO STATE

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Dundas wrote:

Pot calling the kettle black.
I knew that one was coming way to easy...walked right into that one lol

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

We have a reason to be smug. We have multiple SEOAL championships. You have won TVC championships, that is like, we are the grand champion steer at the county fair and you are reserve champion lamb.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Solomon wrote:We have a reason to be smug. We have multiple SEOAL championships. You have won TVC championships, that is like, we are the grand champion steer at the county fair and you are reserve champion lamb.
Coming back with an excellent farming/4H analogy...wonder what Dundas has for that? I bet he works pigs into his come-back somehow...just a guess though lol :122245

McArthur General
Waterboy

Post by McArthur General »

I was at the game at last night. Athens is very good. I thought the Vikings did the best they could. The coaches had a very good game plan. I thought officiating was terrible, those guys were clowns. I know it had nothing to do with winning or losing but they were clowns. The Vikings were able to move the ball on Athens, when the score was 14-6 Athens, the Vikings were driving and got to Athens 14 yard line, and then here came the flags, chop block 15 yards, holding 10 yards, illegal helmet contact on a ball carrier 15 yards, all on three consecutive plays. I didn't see the chop block, the holding call was bogus, and the illegal helmet flag was stupid, the kid was diving for extra yards. Because we are stupid, we go for it on 4 and 39 and throw incomplete to a underneath receiver. Athens scores on the next play, it was over. Yeah, the hook and ladder play was Athens last touchdown. Classy. Good luck to the Bulldogs the rest of the way. VC give the ball more to #43, he is very good player.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Teams that never lose automatically are gonna hate a team that beats them. Why Jackson dropped Athens after 2 years, Jackson always beat Athens before. As they stay, haters gonna hate

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

A Jackson fan calling someone else smug? Interesting.

Return to “Football”