8-0 Valley @ 8-0 Wheelersburg SOC2 Championship

marshallman
Varsity

Re: 8-0 Valley @ 8-0 Wheelersburg SOC2 Championship

Post by marshallman »

Total domination! Total domination! Where is "then what"? what a freaken idiot talking all this smack and putting up signs and showing pictures of the trophy case with a sign saying reserved for the 2013 SOC trophy. Well guess what "then what" your swagger can go back in the closet. Valley 3 peated and ruined the perfect season, #1 ranking, SOC championship and Valley did it all on Burgs home field. But you won't come on here and run your mouth now will you?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Just looking at Valley's region and they have some tough teams in there.

Bishop Ready, Newark Catholic, Bellaire, Centerburg, man that region is loaded. If Valley can get out of there, they just might win it all. I did see that Kirtland is D VI this year. They are always tough.

Burg's region is equally as tough. Bishop Hartley, St. Clairsville, Martins Ferry, Liberty Union (who Burg could be playing again at home in week 11.) Fairland, who played Burg tough.

Both Valley and Burg will have to earn it if they want to get out of there regions.
Yes, they certainly have their work cut out for them. I can see a win or two but as usual, we're not going to have a regional champ yet again. Hope I'm wrong but just can't see it.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

The Oaf wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:Just looking at Valley's region and they have some tough teams in there.

Bishop Ready, Newark Catholic, Bellaire, Centerburg, man that region is loaded. If Valley can get out of there, they just might win it all. I did see that Kirtland is D VI this year. They are always tough.

Burg's region is equally as tough. Bishop Hartley, St. Clairsville, Martins Ferry, Liberty Union (who Burg could be playing again at home in week 11.) Fairland, who played Burg tough.

Both Valley and Burg will have to earn it if they want to get out of there regions.
Yes, they certainly have their work cut out for them. I can see a win or two but as usual, we're not going to have a regional champ yet again. Hope I'm wrong but just can't see it.
Liberty Union came outta nowhere last year, time for Burg and Valley to do the same. Burg was a great test for the Valley defense, they now know they can beat the spread, and slow fast, athletic teams down. Valley is the 2nd best team in Region 21, IMO.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Yes I think they are too without question. Unfortunately, second best won't win the region. Hope I'm wrong and there's a lot of football left to be played yet before we reach the regional finals, but Ready is a mutha!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

One thing I want to say....Congrats to Coach Crabtree, and Coach Rolfe. I remember when I played and we were in the middle of the 40-0 regular season run...Coach Crabtree heard crap from almost everyone outside Lucasville, hell I remember winning a game at ND, and people yelling down on the field "First round is all you'll go". Valley announced joining the SOCII "You'll never win a championship in the SOC II" "Valley will never win 3 titles in a row, let a lone ONE in the BIG BOY division" "The days of beating Green, ND, SV are over" etc..

I could go on and on...but Coach always handled things like that with class! I coach takes some time to sit back and enjoy what he has done with this program. Congrats to the players, coaches, and community.

Collectively, you did what EVERYONE said you couldnt!

I think Valley is the only school to 3 peat in the SOC 1 and SOC 2.

Good Luck next week, lets finish it off!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

The Oaf wrote:Yes I think they are too without question. Unfortunately, second best won't win the region. Hope I'm wrong and there's a lot of football left to be played yet before we reach the regional finals, but Ready is a mutha!
Absolutely! Experience will pay dividends for this team in the playoffs! But up first...MINFORD!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

chicken_coop wrote:One thing I want to say....Congrats to Coach Crabtree, and Coach Rolfe. I remember when I played and we were in the middle of the 40-0 regular season run...Coach Crabtree heard crap from almost everyone outside Lucasville, hell I remember winning a game at ND, and people yelling down on the field "First round is all you'll go". Valley announced joining the SOCII "You'll never win a championship in the SOC II" "Valley will never win 3 titles in a row, let a lone ONE in the BIG BOY division" "The days of beating Green, ND, SV are over" etc..

I could go on and on...but Coach always handled things like that with class! I coach takes some time to sit back and enjoy what he has done with this program. Congrats to the players, coaches, and community.

Collectively, you did what EVERYONE said you couldnt!

I think Valley is the only school to 3 peat in the SOC 1 and SOC 2.

Good Luck next week, lets finish it off!
Well said, everything you stated is absolutely true concerning comments from naysayers. And I believe you're correct on Valley being the only 3-peaters from either division. Certainly a very, very impressive feat. Enjoy the ride Coop, it goes by way too fast my friend!

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Great game between two great teams! Only disappointment was not winning the split the pot!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Lol hate to be the one to take the sign down in the trophy case

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

What a great high school football game! A lot of respect goes out to the pirates. They played their rear ends offs, but Valley's defenses was the difference. There is not enough room on the board for me to compliment all the Valley seniors that deserve praise. Those kids were great and deserve every accolade they receive. I will have more thoughts on this one tomorrow, but there is only one thing I feel compelled to say tonight....

The actions of the wife of an assistant coach from Wheelersburg at the end of tonight's game put a huge black mark on this contest. I won't get into this here, but the things that went on were ridiculous! The fact that so many of the pirates fans that I am close to found it necessary to apologize for her actions, says it all.

WhatsTheWord
Waterboy

Post by WhatsTheWord »

Good job Valley. It just wasn't Burg's night. Valley 3-peat ! Good job.
Not trying to take anything away, but 91-99 Burg won SOC. So that is 3-3 peats in a row so Valley isn't the first team to 3-peat. So let's see who can get a 9 peat!

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

I think what he said was first to 3 peat in Soc 1 and 2

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Looking forward to watching Valley in post season. I know they need to take it a game at a time but once they face Bishop Ready, wow, that should be a game.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Valley ran ball well. That was challenge going in and they took care of ball. Pirates should have had miller kick second FG.
After first big miss needed to let senior step up in pressure situation.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

dreamweaver wrote:Looking forward to watching Valley in post season. I know they need to take it a game at a time but once they face Bishop Ready, wow, that should be a game.

Burg scrimmaged Ready but couldn't really get a feel of what they had. There starting QB had hurt his leg warming up before the game and didn't play at all. Very strong running team but didn't throw much. I think Valley would match up well with them.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wow that sounds like that was an awesome game between two fine squads. if anybody has a link to watching this game please share it with me. congrats to valley. and both teams will obviously be in the playoffs ans could in fact meet again for the region.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

marshallman wrote:Total domination! Total domination! Where is "then what"? what a freaken idiot talking all this smack and putting up signs and showing pictures of the trophy case with a sign saying reserved for the 2013 SOC trophy. Well guess what "then what" your swagger can go back in the closet. Valley 3 peated and ruined the perfect season, #1 ranking, SOC championship and Valley did it all on Burgs home field. But you won't come on here and run your mouth now will you?

Eating a lot of Crow this morning! Great game plan by Valley! Congrads on a great game. Good luck the rest of the year! Valley has a nice team #40 is a beast on Defense!

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:wow that sounds like that was an awesome game between two fine squads. if anybody has a link to watching this game please share it with me. congrats to valley. and both teams will obviously be in the playoffs ans could in fact meet again for the region.

Different Divisions this year

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

I wonder if burg would let the valley coaches and players take that sign down.lol. just joking

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

WhatsTheWord wrote:Good job Valley. It just wasn't Burg's night. Valley 3-peat ! Good job.
Not trying to take anything away, but 91-99 Burg won SOC. So that is 3-3 peats in a row so Valley isn't the first team to 3-peat. So let's see who can get a 9 peat!
Correct, but the point was a 3-peat in SOC I and SOC II, which obviously excludes the Burg having never been in the SOC I

Return to “Football”