4-4 Logan @ 5-3 Gallia Academy

doubleplay643
S

Re: 4-4 Logan @ 5-3 Gallia Academy

Post by doubleplay643 »

Try and at least follow the thread, and comprehend instead of taking a little nugget out of context. It really, truly isn't that hard if you actually make an attempt.

Out of the 3-5 say "better" SEO teams that actually make the playoffs, Trimble, Athens, Wheelersburg, Oak Hill and Valley (there may be others but these probably the "best") the ones that I think would have the best chance (notice I said chance and nowhere did I say they would make it out of the Region) are in order: Trimble, Athens, Burg, Valley, Oak Hill. Is it a good chance, maybe not so much, but that was the context. It was not a prediction they would.

It seems some are so quick to ridicule and use the "Smilies" like a pre-schooler would, that they fail to actually read anything.

Trimble has a shot 3:1 or so.

If Athens gets New Philly in round 1 in Week 11 then that may be as far as they get, given how New Philly played Zanesville.

Read it carefully, understand it, process it, take it in context.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Paladin...It's gonna be cold and probably damp here Friday night. Center of field like a pig pen...rest of field in pretty good shape.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

GA!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Well its cold and rainy up here now and weather report show rain/snow over next few days. Map shows it extends into southern Ohio. That probably means trench warfare will determine the winner as ground game has a better chance than a pass game. Gallia has a field that is notorious for being a mess and when wet and cold, I think it becomes a lower scoring game . I'm venturing out to see what is the Championship game of a division of the All American Conference between Cortland Lakeview and Youngstown Liberty. Have the long underwear and wool pullover out. Plus a poncho. Still expecting a Logan win, so I'll check in Friday night after the game.

double -- glad to hear you have some common sense about the playoffs. Many here don't. 8)

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Paladin wrote:Well its cold and rainy up here now and weather report show rain/snow over next few days. Map shows it extends into southern Ohio. That probably means trench warfare will determine the winner as ground game has a better chance than a pass game. Gallia has a field that is notorious for being a mess and when wet and cold, I think it becomes a lower scoring game . I'm venturing out to see what is the Championship game of a division of the All American Conference between Cortland Lakeview and Youngstown Liberty. Have the long underwear and wool pullover out. Plus a poncho. Still expecting a Logan win, so I'll check in Friday night after the game.

double -- glad to hear you have some common sense about the playoffs. Many here don't. 8)
Yes including you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

miss_baller5*
Waterboy

Post by miss_baller5* »

Last week I would have said Gallia, but this game could go either way. Wouldn't mind watching this one!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Haven't received tackle results yet from the Warren Local game. Will print 'em when I get 'em.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Good Luck Blue. But, with no defense this will be a long night...... :? :? :? :?

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

CHIEFS 28 BLUE DEVILS 14........RESTORE..... ALLSTATE.....WERE ALL BEHIND YOU.....GO CHIEFS....ITS YOURS FOR THE TAKING.....WRAP UP AND HAVE FUN...... 8) :!: :idea:

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

doubleplay643 wrote:Try and at least follow the thread, and comprehend instead of taking a little nugget out of context. It really, truly isn't that hard if you actually make an attempt.

Out of the 3-5 say "better" SEO teams that actually make the playoffs, Trimble, Athens, Wheelersburg, Oak Hill and Valley (there may be others but these probably the "best") the ones that I think would have the best chance (notice I said chance and nowhere did I say they would make it out of the Region) are in order: Trimble, Athens, Burg, Valley, Oak Hill. Is it a good chance, maybe not so much, but that was the context. It was not a prediction they would.

It seems some are so quick to ridicule and use the "Smilies" like a pre-schooler would, that they fail to actually read anything.

Trimble has a shot 3:1 or so.

If Athens gets New Philly in round 1 in Week 11 then that may be as far as they get, given how New Philly played Zanesville.

Read it carefully, understand it, process it, take it in context.
I actually think Trimble and Wheelersburg both have a better chance than Athens and I'd give Valley the same chance as Athens followed by Oak Hill. Now on to this game, I think the tides have changed on the injury front and while on paper this looked like an easy Gallia win a few weeks ago now it appears that Logan may have the advantage now. This should be an excellent game to watch and I wish I could see it. Good luck to both schools.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

OK, let's end the discussion on other teams in SE Ohio making the playoffs on this thread. As for this game, I think Logan should grind out the win in a throwback game. If they win out (which I think they should) they will have the SEOAL title. Job well done! But for the kids in the back seat screaming "Are we there yet?", no, we're not. But we're getting closer. :)

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Sorry to hijack the thread temporarily but had to respond to Paladin lol and the SEO comment, my apologies.

Lived in south Logan for 10 years, but now that I am an Ironman transplant, got to root for the Blue Devils to find some defense and pull out a senior night win. Not giving up hope (yet) on a shared SEOAL title. Gallia can probably defend the edges the best, look for Logan to have some success between the tackles if they commit to it.

zbd
Freshman Team

Post by zbd »

Just want to wish Logan good luck do what you do and you can restore the order to Logan football this sounds wired to say but here we go Go Logan beat the Blue Devils ( they are not the real Blue Devils) lol

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

As a famous coach once said "We're going inside of 'em, we're going outside of 'em inside of ''em outside of 'em-and when we get 'em on the run once, we're going to keep 'em on the run."Kuute Rockne.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

You're all missing the most IMPORTANT key to Friday night:

Me hitting The Shake Shoppe for a choc shake and a footlong dog old school logan style circa 1987

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Grad I had one of those Footlong's 3 or 4 years ago down there and remember it didn't taste the same as the one up here.Maybe my taste buds have changed over the years who knows? I'll be interested in your opinion. :aaaaa46

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Nothing today taste like the old days

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Conaway made some mean hotdogs! Footlong/w chilli onions mustard,relish and an order of fried shrooms was a must back in the day

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Chilli Dogs with Onions and a Chocolate shake...... yum. For the old timers here I go back to a few blocks away at the A & W Drive-In for chili dogs, fries and a large frosty mug of rootbeer. You'd belch those babies all day, lol

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Paladin wrote:Chilli Dogs with Onions and a Chocolate shake...... yum. For the old timers here I go back to a few blocks away at the A & W Drive-In for chili dogs, fries and a large frosty mug of rootbeer. You'd belch those babies all day, lol

Didn't the B & K near the 1st and Last have spanish hot dogs with the same rootbeer? For a buck you could get three dogs and a ice gold RB

Return to “Football”