Future of the P.V.C.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Future of the P.V.C.

Post by EasternDspy »

No I didn't ask I assumed when the A.D said we were still playing River it would still be week 1

nctabulator
Riding the Bench

Post by nctabulator »

That's what I would think. But you know what happens when you assume.

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

From what I hear, the only change to Rivers schedule next year will be week 5 with Paden City replacing Caldwell. It will take a few years to get rid of the longer road trips. A lot of things have to line up with a limited number of teams to choose from.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Adding Paden City is an excellent idea. Now that's the type of thinking I want from an AD when enrollment shrivels like it has at River. Caldwell gone from the schedule is step ONE is changing the football thinking. PC always provided one of the best gates for basketball over the years...football should be good too.
Now get Beallsville, Barnesville, Valley (wv), and St. John Central to replace gosh-awful road trips to Ft. Frye, Buckeye Trail and Shenandoah.

riverpilot33 wrote:From what I hear, the only change to Rivers schedule next year will be week 5 with Paden City replacing Caldwell. It will take a few years to get rid of the longer road trips. A lot of things have to line up with a limited number of teams to choose from.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

I wonder what that does for Caldwell's schedule. A couple years ago they tried to up the competition by adding the likes of Harrison Central and Wheeling Central, but that kind of backfired. Interested to see who they can get for that week 5 game knowing they have some solid talent and should be able to field quality teams the next couple years.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Maybe Caldwell could pick up Magnolia WV if there's an opening, or Tyler Consolidated. Both bring good crowds.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Kinda fishy that the only team River dropped was the team that is going to win the league next yr.

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

EasternDspy wrote:Kinda fishy that the only team River dropped was the team that is going to win the league next yr.
I think most people understand you can't revamp an entire schedule in one year. Plans were to change 3-4 games next year, just didn't work out.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Yes, EDSpy, you can't build Rome in a day...or something like that.

With Ormet Corporation going down, River's enrollment will continue to shrink, and with pay-to-play, etc., it's tough to travel to hither and yon.

I say give it 3 years. Romick is the kind of AD that'll give the fans what they want.

Return to “Football”