=TVC-OHIO=

questionmark
All Conference

=TVC-OHIO=

Post by questionmark »

With the regular season coming to an end, let us take a look back and a quick look ahead...

TVC-OHIO FINAL STANDINGS
Athens - (10-0)(5-0)
Meigs - (7-3)(4-1)
Vinton County - (5-5)(2-3)
Wellston - (4-6)(2-3)
Nelsonville-York - (4-6)(2-3)
Alexander - (1-9)(0-5)

ATHENS- D-III, Region 9 #1 Seed of 27
This special group at Athens completes their 2nd (10-0) season in the last 3 years. In those three years, these Seniors have finished (10-0) as Sophomores, (9-1) as Juniors and (10-0) as Seniors in regular season play. They will host their 3rd consecutive Play-Off game next Friday against Logan Elm. They are (1-1) at Home in the Play-Offs and (1-1) on the road. We are hoping for a long play-off run for these Seniors. Athens will graduate 7 Seniors from this (10-0) squad with the biggest losses coming from Defense in Freddie Stalder and Alex Goldsberry.

MEIGS -D-IV, Region 14 #13 of 27
Coach Bartrum took a Marauders team who won 3 games in 2012 and turned them into a Contender who finished with 7 wins and a 13 spot in Region 14. Interesting statline for Meigs, their 3 losses this season came against Play-Off teams in (Athens #1 Seed, Trimble #1 Seed and Fairland #6 Seed.) Meigs will return a core team that will compete for the TVC-OHIO title next year and look for Michael Davis to throw his hat into the talks for Offensive Player of the Year.

VINTON COUNTY- D-III, Region 9 #22 of 27
The Vikings finished off their season beating Wellston and getting to the .500 mark. A stepping stone for the program that looks to build on the successes of this season. The Vikings are a physical team and you will remember playing them. Look for the Vikings to makes strides again next season.

WELLSTON - DV, Region 17 # 16 of 27
The Golden Rockets didn't get to.500 after falling to the Vikings Friday but they did have some positives to pull away from the 2013 season. Nobody gave them any love to win this season and they went out and won 4 games. Their biggest win came against Nelsonville-York, and team they hadn't beat in a long time. This is one team that is hard to predict. I look for the Golden Rockets to cause some headaches next season, especially inside League play...

NELSONVILLE-YORK, DVI, Region #16 of 26
Not one person in Nelsonville-York will be happy about winning 4 games. It is not what the program is built upon doing. A rare losing season in Buckeyeland will not last long. This young Buckeyes team is loaded with talent, and I for one can't wait to see the strides they make next season as they will Battle with a Loaded Senior-Led Athens team, and an Experienced Meigs team for the TVC-OHIO Crown. Alex Mount may be one of the best runningbacks ever to play at Nelsonville-York and that says a lot with the history of RB's that have graced the Buckeye Backfield...

ALEXANDER, DV, Region 17 #22 of 27
A 1 win season is never a good thing. The Spartans do have some positives on the Offensive side of the ball. With all the other teams in the League improving Alexander better find a way to improve with them or they will find themselves in this same spot next season along with new League foe River Valley.

--------------
RIVER VALLEY, DV, Region 17 #26 of 27
The Raiders join the Ohio next season. Wins will be hard for them to come by as the League will be much tougher as a whole next season.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Re: =TVC-OHIO=

Post by Bighitsinc »

TVC Ohio needs to bring in some bigger teams and split into 3 or ?????.

Athens has amassed 40+ league title to 12 to all the others combined.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Let us try to just keep this to football for now...
Although I disagree about breaking into 3 different levels of a League, I do agree that addition to the league would be welcomed...
I bet not many OHIO teams are happy with River Valley coming into the League and would have been much happier with say a Jackson, Gallia or Warren team in their place...

However, I can't wait to see these teams next season. Athens returns a bunch, Meigs as well. Nelsonville-York has a young stud on their hands at RB and Wellston and Vinton County have built a foundation...

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

And I bet that not any Ohio teams are happy that one school is gathering 90% of all league titles.
I say either split into 3 or split away. . . . .

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

Got to watch the replay on 15. Picked it up in 2nd quarter Athens calling time outs with 2 minutes to go in the half so they could run a double reverse pass to get 42 on the board by half. Showed a lot of class. Noticed they did call the dogs off when they got to 56 but I believe it was do to the amount of injuries that were piling up. Or they would have kept it rolling. Plus they were being exposed a little with ny 2 for 2 on offense with each teams ones. Ny was running right down their throats and athens with a six man line and blitzing couldn't seem to get a stop or cover simple pass plays. How's athens running back. Saw him limping bad and never came back. Took a heck of a shot on right leg. Athens offense will play with anyone gotta have strong D line to make a long run in playoffs. As for tvc ohio. Athens running through it like no one ever has. There is always a game or two close. Not gonna be the case next year either. Need to be broke into three divisions or put the small schools d 6 and 7 in one and 5 and up in other. Just makes sense.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Got to be excited about where the league is going. A lot more competitive this year and a lit of these teams are young. Going to be fun to watch in the upcoming years.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

vctransplant wrote:Got to be excited about where the league is going. A lot more competitive this year and a lit of these teams are young. Going to be fun to watch in the upcoming years.

Yes everyone should be real excited that at least for the next 2 years athens will dominate your league. And in basketball it will be longer than the in track it will be forever and baseball too. Who's gonna finish 2nd and third? We can't wait to see! :122245 :122245 :122245 You guys are a gas!!! Tou may think the tvc hocking is a joke but they have reason to be excited about the chance to be able to compete.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

BIGHITS- LOOKING AT THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE...not any other sport, JUST FOOTBALL for now...
PRE-2008 TVC-OHIO
1967-2007 (NELSONVILLE-YORK) Dominates Football...

POST-2008 TVC-OHIO
2008 - (NELSONVILLE-YORK)
2009 - (ATHENS/NELSONVILLE-YORK)
2010 - (NELSONVILLE-YORK)
2011 - (ATHENS)
2012 - (ATHENS)
2013 - (ATHENS)

Athens competes with Nelsonville-York making the battle for the OHIO much better and Alexander and Meigs round off the competition having chances at the title in respected years...

POST-2008 TVC-OHIO
ALEXANDER - (2009 Play-Offs), (2010 Play-Offs) 32 Wins (32-28 Record)
MEIGS - (2008 Play-Offs) 32 Wins (32-28 Record)
NELSONVILLE-YORK - (2008 Play-Offs), (2010 Play-Offs), (2011 Play-Offs) 42 Wins (42- 18 Record)
ATHENS - (2011 Play-Offs), (2012 Play-Offs & 2WINS) (2013 Play-Offs). 47 Wins (47 -13 Record)
WELLSTON - 24 Wins (24 - 36 Record) * Did Beat NY for the 1st Time in Several Years
VINTON COUNTY - 11 Wins (11 - 49 Record)

4 of the 6 Teams in the League have Winning Records since 2008, with those 4 Teams making a Play-Off or Play-Off(s) appearance in the same time frame.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

GREENBEAGLE --

You and a lot of people may not have liked the end of the 1st half, but there was nothing wrong with what Athens did to end the half. They knew the starters would not get many looks in the 2nd halfwith the big lead, and they knew they had a play-off game to get ready for. Getting their guys practicing a 2 minute drill against a live opponent and trying some plays they may need in the play-offs was exactly what Athens was doing...

Have a question though...
You say you want the OHIO broken up and you want the Small D6 and D7 Schools put into ONE Division?
That means you want to take the School with the most History and who has been the best Football Program in the Leagues History out of the OHIO and put them into a new Division. That team being Nelsonville-York, as they dropped to D6 this Season...not gonna happen.

The 2014 Football Season will be very competitive in the OHIO...
Athens, Meigs and Nelsonville-York all have shots at winning the league. I have seen crazier things in Football games. An upset here or there and we could see a three-way tie. Neither Meigs or Nelsonville-York will roll over, that has to do with Dave Boston Jr. and Mike Bartrum. It is hilarious that everyone wants to blow up a League that has been great just because one team has had a Class of Outstanding Athletes...what happens in 2015-2017 when Nelsonville-York has a group of boys that does the same thing? Blow it up!

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

questionmark wrote:BIGHITS- LOOKING AT THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE...not any other sport, JUST FOOTBALL for now...
PRE-2008 TVC-OHIO
1967-2007 (NELSONVILLE-YORK) Dominates Football...

POST-2008 TVC-OHIO
2008 - (NELSONVILLE-YORK)
2009 - (ATHENS/NELSONVILLE-YORK)
2010 - (NELSONVILLE-YORK)
2011 - (ATHENS)
2012 - (ATHENS)
2013 - (ATHENS)

Athens competes with Nelsonville-York making the battle for the OHIO much better and Alexander and Meigs round off the competition having chances at the title in respected years...

POST-2008 TVC-OHIO
ALEXANDER - (2009 Play-Offs), (2010 Play-Offs) 32 Wins (32-28 Record)
MEIGS - (2008 Play-Offs) 32 Wins (32-28 Record)
NELSONVILLE-YORK - (2008 Play-Offs), (2010 Play-Offs), (2011 Play-Offs) 42 Wins (42- 18 Record)
ATHENS - (2011 Play-Offs), (2012 Play-Offs & 2WINS) (2013 Play-Offs). 47 Wins (47 -13 Record)
WELLSTON - 24 Wins (24 - 36 Record) * Did Beat NY for the 1st Time in Several Years
VINTON COUNTY - 11 Wins (11 - 49 Record)

4 of the 6 Teams in the League have Winning Records since 2008, with those 4 Teams making a Play-Off or Play-Off(s) appearance in the same time frame.
This may be a football thread,
BUT, a league is not only about any one sport there genius.

Since joining the TVC ONE school, being Athens, has won 40+ league championships, ALL other schools in the league combined have a whopping 12.
Something needs to change, either bring in more schools and split into 3, or withdraw and form a new league.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Athens has also won several District Titles and qualified many State Qualifers, and that has NOTHING to do with league affiliation! This year Athens is 1 for 1 in SEOAL Championships as well. They won the DII Dual Title in the State of OHIO in Wrestling.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

BIGHITSINC wrote: This may be a football thread,
BUT, a league is not only about any one sport there genius.
Thanks for the Genius Nod BigHits! But I have made that same point over the years. This isn't just a Football League like many people on here believe it is. Also, when the Class of 2015 Graduate, some of our Sports will be looking for some big holes to fill...

If School Size over Opponents was the biggest factor determining Championships, then by the Same account why do we not See Logan holding the same amount of Championships over their respected League foes in the same time-frame...could it be, that Athens has had a run of special Athletes come through their Programs (both Male and Female) at just the same time and also have some of the Best Coaches in Said Programs over that Period of Time?

Stability in Coaching is one of the biggest factors that leads to success.
Ryan Adams and his staff have been together now for over 6 years. Dale Amyx is a Legend in Logan and a main reason why Logan was so Successful over a long period of time. Same with Phil Faires at Trimble and Dave Boston Jr. at Nelsonville-York. Stability is a driving force.

Athens had the same Baseball Coach from 1990-2012 and it was a direct reason why Athens Baseball was the most successful program in school History with 24 League Championships and Several Sweet Sixteen appearences.

You act like these Championships were just given to Athens, when in fact they have played and battled some great teams in the League to earn them and then have went on to have success in the Play-Offs.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

MORE THAN 40 LEAGUE TITLES TO12 = BIG FISH
you left that out of the quote

Split into 3 or you will see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boss429
Waterboy

Post by Boss429 »

This league will never allow Jackson or Gallia in. They MAY let Warren in. I seriously doubt it, but
I can tell you they will NEVER let Jackson or Gallia in.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Still arguing over this?

wow.

I think I'll stand just on the sidelines and read from a distance ...

:)

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

If Marietta comes back to the SEOAL, will Athens follow?

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

Green Beagle wrote:
vctransplant wrote:Got to be excited about where the league is going. A lot more competitive this year and a lit of these teams are young. Going to be fun to watch in the upcoming years.

Yes everyone should be real excited that at least for the next 2 years athens will dominate your league. And in basketball it will be longer than the in track it will be forever and baseball too. Who's gonna finish 2nd and third? We can't wait to see! :122245 :122245 :122245 You guys are a gas!!! Tou may think the tvc hocking is a joke but they have reason to be excited about the chance to be able to compete.
Work harder. Get better.
BIGHITSINC wrote:MORE THAN 40 LEAGUE TITLES TO12 = BIG FISH
you left that out of the quote

Split into 3 or you will see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Work harder. Get better.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

lol, Questionmark!!! I know your an NY grad but come on man! 2 minute offense when you run the no huddle?? What is it your bumper stickers say in Athens, "No Huddle,No Mercy" .... Talked to a coach in the Hocking Div that knows the coaches ( of other sports not just football) at NY pretty well. Said they will petition the Hocking since there is nothing happening to split in three divisions.. I asked the same thing you did about football but they said its not just about football there are alot of other sports at NY besides football to consider.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Green Beagle wrote:lol, Questionmark!!! I know your an NY grad but come on man!
I think you meant to type Athens Grad, as I did not Graduate from Nelsonville-York.

Is it possible Nelsonville-York could join the Hocking for all other sports except Football?

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

questionmark wrote:
Green Beagle wrote:lol, Questionmark!!! I know your an NY grad but come on man!
I think you meant to type Athens Grad, as I did not Graduate from Nelsonville-York.

Is it possible Nelsonville-York could join the Hocking for all other sports except Football?

Isn't it also possible to bring in some schools with numbers comparable to Athens and split into 3?

Return to “Football”