Week 11 Monroe Central (7-3) @ Centerburg (10-0)

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

Re: Week 11 Monroe Central (7-3) @ Centerburg (10-0)

Post by MC Noles SportsFan »

NorthernLight wrote:Thanks again Jeff, great broadcast.

I heard him mention you last week as a long distance listener.

He does a good job on these games.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

EasternDlookout wrote:Centerburg is 5th team in the state for a reason they are getting no respect. Burg 54-13
Well, someone looks pretty damned silly, now don't they????? :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Steely Dan wrote:
Jesco White wrote:Congrats to the Seminoles on the win!!!! I had a feeling on this game, just as I posted earlier in the week.
And that you did, my friend. I, and my fellow MC supporters, appreciate your support. Congrats on the Indian's victory tonight. On to week 12!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're very welcome and thank you! Both MC and Valley will have their hands full next week, but that's what its all about this time of year!!!!

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Jeff did a nice job on the broadcast. He's improved a little every season.

Monroe Central must've managed to keep their composure on that holding call on the 1-yd. line. I mean, the announcer said the ref threw the flag immediately. Odd isn't it?

Anyway, has to be an enjoyable bus ride home for those kids/coaches/cheerleaders.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

With the victory, that long ride home won't seem so long....... Proud of this group of kids. Next week, strap on the pads and play as hard as you can, with pride.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Read on that www.ovathletics.com site it got so bad at Newark Catholic (29-0 win) that NC coach and Bellaire's Jose Davis didn't even look at each other during handshakes.

Oh, and the Green Wave tried an onside kick late in 4th? now that's what I read I didn't actually see it, but wow.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

surfsider wrote:Read on that http://www.ovathletics.com site it got so bad at Newark Catholic (29-0 win) that NC coach and Bellaire's Jose Davis didn't even look at each other during handshakes.

Oh, and the Green Wave tried an onside kick late in 4th? now that's what I read I didn't actually see it, but wow.

A very ugly one-side game.

I believe the Radio guy said 14 penalties(8 Bellaire 6 Newark Catholic)

Multiple unsportsmanlike flags thrown on both teams.

Newark Catholic converts a onside kick with 8 something left and things blew up from there, as far as tempers goes.The kick was by the back up kicker too.

As a fan of both teams I hated to see this.(Not the onside kick I agree with it) I meant all of the bad stuff in the game and the teams not shaking hands.

I have so much respect for Bellaire so I can not say anything bad about the things that happened tonight.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Great job Central, one of the few I predicted.

NorthernLight
Freshman Team

Post by NorthernLight »

MC Noles SportsFan wrote:
NorthernLight wrote:Thanks again Jeff, great broadcast.

I heard him mention you last week as a long distance listener.

He does a good job on these games.

Yeah,I heard it too. Dad told me to listen for it. I don't get back to Woodsfield very often. But, I'm there for Christmas every year. I see Jeff and Coach and Mrs C at my church, and Dink at when I attend Susan's church. Maybe this year we can get SD there too.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Just got back. What a friggin game!! Never been more proud of the Noles. The program had lacked a big win but we got one tonight. Been too long since our last playoff win. The Old BallCoach still has some magic left.

I knew what I had posted all week was absolutely wrong when Centerburg came running out. They had no size. I thought they had more size up front than that. Once I saw they didn't I knew it was game on!!!

I agree on the officiating. Come on guys.... this is the playoffs. You got to be more sharp than that. Centerburg ran 2 plays at the end of the first half without the clock starting. The holding penalty was thrown at the snap.

Anyway, a shout out to Curtis Nixon. You've rounded into a very nice QB who can pass and throw. But a special shout out to Mikey Jones. You're a friggin animal. The defense feeds through you.

One last shout out to the MC Fans. We drove 2 + hours and packed that stadium and were loud. Never let anybody tell you sports isn't important to our community.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Big congrats to MC!!

Best of luck against Ready!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Congrats to Noles

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

this one really shocked me but congrats Monroe!

svcbaseballfan
Freshman Team

Post by svcbaseballfan »

As a completely impartial fan at the game, I thought the officiating was pretty good for a crew who has never worked together. I thought the only thing they missed was a call on a MC player who swung at a Centerburg player right in front of the Side Judge. I thought MC's QB did just enough for his team to win the game. I don't think either team would be within 40 of Ready however.

Return to “Football”