Week 11: Logan Elm (7-3) at Athens (10-0)

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Week 11: Logan Elm (7-3) at Athens (10-0)

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Glad to see ya back, Didn't know ya was injured moon. What happened?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

moonshine wrote:I am back form the injured reserve ward! The bullpuppies should win by 14- 21 points, this game will show the some areas of weakness and items they need to correct in order to advance. What is the bullpippies injury situation?
zacciah saltzmen has been out for 4 weeks. He said he would be ready for the playoffs. Sophomore receiver

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
moonshine wrote:I am back form the injured reserve ward! The bullpuppies should win by 14- 21 points, this game will show the some areas of weakness and items they need to correct in order to advance. What is the bullpippies injury situation?
zacciah saltzmen has been out for 4 weeks. He said he would be ready for the playoffs. Sophomore receiver
Z will not play. The starting LT on offense has missed a couple of games in a row also but the overall health of the team is good Moon, the usual bumps, bruises, and general soreness that go along with this time of year.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Athens will once again be able to take out the starters after the first or second series in the third quarter of this one. No challenge until the regional finals, in my opinion.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

athens78 wrote:Athens will once again be able to take out the starters after the first or second series in the third quarter of this one. No challenge until the regional finals, in my opinion.
IF Athens wins, Tri-Valley or New Philadelphia will definitely challenge the Dogs. IMHO

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

athens78 wrote:Athens will once again be able to take out the starters after the first or second series in the third quarter of this one. No challenge until the regional finals, in my opinion.
What have you been smoking?

Athens would probably be the underdog in a game versus New Philadelphia .. and maybe even Tri-Valley!

Hopefully they get the chance to square off against one of them next week.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

93Bulldog wrote:
What have you been smoking?

Athens would probably be the underdog in a game versus New Philadelphia .. and maybe even Tri-Valley!

Hopefully they get the chance to square off against one of them next week.
Beware of Tri Valley they are a spread team like the bullpuppies!

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

I take it you have seen Logan Elm play this year and that is how you come up with this prediction. I have not seen Athens play, but it is impressive that they have blown out just about every opponent this year, however that is not telling me much other than they are just that much better than their competetion or their competition isn't that good. I can tell you Logan Elm does play some very good teams on it's schedule. They will not lay down due to the opponent scoring so many points against other teams during the regular season, hopefully they read crap like this for motivation. :122245

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

I think Athens rolls. It appears the Regional Alignment "godz" have made this region quite winnable for the Dogs this year. Even Marion Franklin has a loss to a team they 'should' beat in most seasons. I don't see the games being close until the Regional Finals.
That said, "Go Athens!" Represent!

Ohionut8
Waterboy

Post by Ohionut8 »

Good Luck Logan Elm show them what you got!

ucantcme
Freshman Team

Post by ucantcme »

I think Athens wins this one. I don't think they are as good as they were last year. They're line on defense and offense isn't what it was last year. I think they will be exposed. Don't think they get past round two.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

ucantcme wrote:I think Athens wins this one. I don't think they are as good as they were last year. They're line on defense and offense isn't what it was last year. I think they will be exposed. Don't think they get past round two.
I think the team in general was more in sync last season than this year. The younger line this season certainly has played well but not quite as well as the senior led group of a year ago. I also think the new defensive scheme in general is still a bit of a question mark, it puts an awful lot of pressure on making plays in space especially with the LB's.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

It seemed like their defense was better this season. Didn't they have trouble stopping people last year in the first half of the season.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

noreply66 wrote:It seemed like their defense was better this season. Didn't they have trouble stopping people last year in the first half of the season.
Yes they did but came together very well after week 2.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck Athens.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Even though Logan Elm will be the best team the bullpuppies will play so far this year. Still will be another weak opponent just like the rest of there schedule. In this 1st round of the playoffs look for the bullpuppies to win by 30-34 points tonight, BUT beware next week the puppies could be clipped!!

sportfolio
JV Team

Post by sportfolio »

bman - I am sure you realize 93 bulldog was having a little fun in his post. You probably have looked it by now but I think your best way to come over to Athens would be to get over to Route 33 in Lancaster then come down 33 to Athens-The Plains. you get off at the Route 682 exit, go the light in the middle of The Plains, turn left onto Johnson Road - the football field is on the left. Athens had been trying to get money for a turf field but gave up. Then a tornado hit and tore up the field and the visitors bleachers and lifted the press box and dropped it into the concession stand. A big fundraising bid followed so the school now has a turf field. Route 33 is four lane all the way including the Nelsonville bypass which just open - you do not have to go through Nelsonville.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

moonshine wrote:Still will be another weak opponent just like the rest of there schedule.
A 7-3 team from the Mid-State league, weak?

The Braves would bury most teams in southeastern Ohio. This is the playoffs - NO TEAM IS WEAK!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Its the playoffs, no weak teams. Can't take any team lightly

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

93Bulldog wrote:
moonshine wrote:Still will be another weak opponent just like the rest of there schedule.
A 7-3 team from the Mid-State league, weak?

The Braves would bury most teams in southeastern Ohio. This is the playoffs - NO TEAM IS WEAK!
Thank You if Logan Elm is not weak, Logan must be petty good because we played even with the Braves in a preseason scrimmage!

Return to “Football”