Week 12: #4 Newark Catholic vs #1 Lucasville Valley

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Week 12: #4 Newark Catholic vs #1 Lucasville Valley

Post by Crab's Brother »

NYBUX wrote:Just a little bit of travel information for those attending.
The Nelsonville bypass is for the most part complete. You will be looking for the exit onto St. Rt. 78, and then following signs to Buchtel, as the stadium is just outside of Buchtel on St. Rt. 78. The road has completely changed and nothing will look the same.

Have a safe trip, and see you at the game!!!
IS the St. Rt 78 exit right off rt 33?

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Yes. Coming from Athens it will be the first exit off the bypass then make a right turn.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:Yes. Coming from Athens it will be the first exit off the bypass then make a right turn.
Sounds easy enough. Thanks.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Fully expect Valley to handle the Green Wave by 2 touchdowns anyway. This Indian team will have a chance to prove themselves against Ready after this weekend and I'm sure the team and their fan base would certainly welcome that chance! Good luck valley, bring it home!

bucks_09
Freshman Team

Post by bucks_09 »

Valley will win by 2 or more Tds Friday night.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

No looks like they struggle a little bit with kickoff coverage hopefully we can take advantage of this. The qb is also the punter just like us he has a very strong leg. Field position will be the key I think. I just don't see either team going the length of the field. The qb reminds me of the one bucyrus had a few years ago. Just a load to take down. Number 5 looks small but very fast I think he is the one in their offense I worry the most about. They have the size to match up well against valley. I think I read they don't play to many kids both ways this might be their big advantage since about all of are kids do.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Last edited by Izladoom on Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

This is a game that should be very competitive. Seen film on both and both have some playmakers. Both had strong schedules. I'm going with NC because of their strong playoff record and like the looks of their personnel over Valley. Should be a close one.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Paladin wrote:This is a game that should be very competitive. Seen film on both and both have some playmakers. Both had strong schedules. I'm going with NC because of their strong playoff record and like the looks of their personnel over Valley. Should be a close one.
Pretty solid analysis....I will take my Indians though

On a side note, what in the world happened with Ursuline?

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Ursuline was living on hype this season. Their QB who is a Big 10 recruit will never play QB in college. Add to that, they are actually very young. Could have won the game with Manchester but they weren't going anywhere this year. The schedule they were forced to play ate them alive. Mooney , on the other hand ,should make a solid run but even they are down this year. Ursuline should be better next year. And, no, no one is crying for them this year, lol

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Paladin wrote:Ursuline was living on hype this season. Their QB who is a Big 10 recruit will never play QB in college. Add to that, they are actually very young. Could have won the game with Manchester but they weren't going anywhere this year. The schedule they were forced to play ate them alive. Mooney , on the other hand ,should make a solid run but even they are down this year. Ursuline should be better next year. And, no, no one is crying for them this year, lol
Oh, not crying for them in the least.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

izladoom wrote:http://www.cwcolumbus.com/newsroom/spor ... e-30.shtml

Some highlights against granview
Against Granville

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

nerkfan wrote:
izladoom wrote:http://www.cwcolumbus.com/newsroom/spor ... e-30.shtml

Some highlights against granview
Against Granville
Granville was an ugly game. I watched that one on the internet and both teams were pretty sloppy for the first 3 quarters or so.

PHS75
SEOPS HOF

Post by PHS75 »

My pick would be with Valley again this week. Good luck Indians.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Good luck Indians!

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Valley will def be tested this week, but I'm not sure Newark Catholic has the fire power to keep the points going for 4 quarters.

I'll take Valley by 2 td's.

Btw, I wouldn't take Mad Dogg's words to heart, the guy can barely put together a sentence, let alone a full honest thought without some ignorant statement about Wheelersburg. If I had to guess, I'll bet he has never played a down of varsity football for Burg. I'll let his stupid comments about rooting for Newark Catholic go in one ear and out the other.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I'm not going to get into other fans cheering for our opponent, that is fine with me....we will have PLENTY of Purple and Gold in the stands friday night!

I think this will be a great game, and Valley will wear the Green Wave down en route to it's 3rd straight Regional Finals berth.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Hopefully, this will be my one, and only, comment about this game. I love the Indian's fans passion, and enthusiasm, for their team. Please don't underestimate the firepower of Newark Catholic. They have lost one game, and that was to Bishop Ready. And from what I can gather, they gave Ready all they could handle for four quarters.........Let's not lose sight of that, as you continue to share your thoughts about this game.

You are in for one Hell of a fight, I'm afraid.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

I agree with Steely Dan....Go INDIANS!!

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

The closer it gets to Friday and the more I see of the green wave, the better I feel about this game. I think these young men from Valley are determined and on a mission. I think Valleys depth will take its toll late in the game and Valleys defensive speed and aggression will overwhelm NC.
Valley 31
Newark Catholic 20

Return to “Football”