Week 12: #4 Newark Catholic vs #1 Lucasville Valley

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Re: Week 12: #4 Newark Catholic vs #1 Lucasville Valley

Post by ridgerunner »

Valley fans will have the home side and NC will take the visitors side. Good Luck Indians!!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Based on the location of the other two semi finalists, there is a really good chance Valley would play at NY again in Week 12 if Valley defeats Newark Catholic. goodness, why does every school except Valley praise NY for it's hosting abilities? If NY can pull off the Division 4 Regional Championship between Ironton and Coshocton, I think NY can pull off Valley vs Newark Catholic. Keep talking like this and Athens County fans will be pulling for the Green Wave instead of being neutral.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Based on the location of the other two semi finalists, there is a really good chance Valley would play at NY again in Week 12 if Valley defeats Newark Catholic. goodness, why does every school except Valley praise NY for it's hosting abilities? If NY can pull off the Division 4 Regional Championship between Ironton and Coshocton, I think NY can pull off Valley vs Newark Catholic. Keep talking like this and Athens County fans will be pulling for the Green Wave instead of being neutral.
I agree. I don't know why they are complaining. It's one of the nicest stadiums I've watched a game at. The valley fans need to suck it up and quit complaining. We have to go to columbus for our game

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

Please don't "lump" ALL valley fans!!! I understand what they are saying as last year we had MANY folks standing during the game but the field and facilities were VERY NICE!!! The people who hosted were GREAT hosts and friendly. Part of me wants to say that we have a bad taste because we lost there last year... but I am really not superstitious ;)
I cannot wait for this game and I know my boys are fired up as well!!!! It will be a great one to watch and I will come ready to spend some money and with a 'thankful' spirit for the opportunity to see the boys play another week.
I may not change my socks or underwear ALL week if that would Help!!!!!!!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Again it's not the distance I would not care if the game was in Cleveland I would still go it's the fact I already know I'll have to stand because I won't get off work in time to get there early a playoff stadium should be able to hold all the fans the higher seed brings

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

I just hope the players are a bit tougher than the fans.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Based on the location of the other two semi finalists, there is a really good chance Valley would play at NY again in Week 12 if Valley defeats Newark Catholic. goodness, why does every school except Valley praise NY for it's hosting abilities? If NY can pull off the Division 4 Regional Championship between Ironton and Coshocton, I think NY can pull off Valley vs Newark Catholic. Keep talking like this and Athens County fans will be pulling for the Green Wave instead of being neutral.
Get over it already!!! Nobody is saying a bad word about NY or "its hosting abilities". The food there was great last year and the people were extremely nice, gracious hosts. Not one word has been directed at the people of NY or the job they do. It is what it is, and all that matters is the kids are playing on a well maintained field. You probably won't find a Valley fan that disagrees on that part, and that's what matters most. Is it a threat or a promise that Athens County fans will root against Valley, because some Valley fans wish NY had more seating? Is that threat/promise supposed to make Valley fans nervous? Man, I thought you would be the last person from NY to go there on this topic.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

I am not speaking for all Valley fans but I am sure alot of us dont really care who Athens County Fans pull for... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
I agree. I don't know why they are complaining. It's one of the nicest stadiums I've watched a game at. The valley fans need to suck it up and quit complaining. We have to go to columbus for our game
Mad_dogg,

Hamilton Twp is less than 10 miles further from Burg than NY is from Valley. Not to mention your opponent has much further to travel than you do. What's your point? Who cares who likes the seating and who doesn't. Why are people getting so butt hurt that some wish the venue was larger? It has nothing to do with the game itself. Oh well, I guess we all have our moments. I'm definitely guilty myself.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 31

Newark Catholic 21

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

chicken_coop wrote:Valley 31

Newark Catholic 21
Thank you. Can we get some info on the game? I know NC has a good QB, anything else? NC will not be able to pass on Valley like other teams. Can they beat the Indians any other way?

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

wobycat wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:Valley 31

Newark Catholic 21
Thank you. Can we get some info on the game? I know NC has a good QB, anything else? NC will not be able to pass on Valley like other teams. Can they beat the Indians any other way?
Just from the little bit of reading I've done so far, it looks like NC hangs their hat on their defense and their coach is quoted as saying they try to play only 1-way players as much as possible to help combat the wears and tears of a long physical season.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Yes they have a qb going to Illinois but they are a running team here is the breakdown of their game last week

Newark Catholic 29, Bellaire 0: Anthony Wing and Wes Jurden combined for 293 rushing yards, and Newark Catholic rolled to a shutout victory over visiting Bellaire in a Division VI regional quarterfinal.

The Green Wave (10-1) rushed for 357 yards, led by 160 by Wing on 17 carries. Jurden had 133 yards and two touchdowns on 14 carries. Quarterback Chayce Crouch also ran for a pair of touchdowns.

Newark Catholic’s defense held Bellaire (7-4) to 133 total yards, including just 50 on the ground. Quarterback Spencer Badia completed 12 of 26 passes for 83 yards for Bellaire.

 

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

izladoom wrote:Yes they have a qb going to Illinois but they are a running team here is the breakdown of their game last week

Newark Catholic 29, Bellaire 0: Anthony Wing and Wes Jurden combined for 293 rushing yards, and Newark Catholic rolled to a shutout victory over visiting Bellaire in a Division VI regional quarterfinal.

The Green Wave (10-1) rushed for 357 yards, led by 160 by Wing on 17 carries. Jurden had 133 yards and two touchdowns on 14 carries. Quarterback Chayce Crouch also ran for a pair of touchdowns.

Newark Catholic’s defense held Bellaire (7-4) to 133 total yards, including just 50 on the ground. Quarterback Spencer Badia completed 12 of 26 passes for 83 yards for Bellaire.

 
Valley will have to eat up long drives and be patient. I look for Rolfe to be the xfactor. If he can run and throw to keep the chains moving, Valley can come out on top.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Jesco White wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:
Mad_dogg,

Hamilton Twp is less than 10 miles further from Burg than NY is from Valley. Not to mention your opponent has much further to travel than you do. What's your point? Who cares who likes the seating and who doesn't. Why are people getting so butt hurt that some wish the venue was larger? It has nothing to do with the game itself. Oh well, I guess we all have our moments. I'm definitely guilty myself.
According to mapquest it's a 4 min shorter drive for us than them

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I dont know that they can run for over 350 yards on the Valley defense...

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Valley vs fort frye is on Time Warner channel 24 if anyone is interested. Came on at 7

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
According to mapquest it's a 4 min shorter drive for us than them
Its 40 miles further from Martin's Ferry to Hamilton Twp than it is from Wheelersburg to Hamilton Twp. What address did you enter? On second thought........I'm just gonna say "ok". Personally I couldn't care any less where Valley or Burg play, as long as we both win.

Alitown
Freshman Team

Post by Alitown »

As a player I would prefer to play in a jammed pack stadium with 7000 screaming fans than play in a stadium half full and also has 7000 fans. Look at the convo for instance. It's a very nice arena for the fans. But most of the players I have talked to had a greater experience at the packed Jackson gymnasium! We might have to stand the entire game but the kids will love it and that's all that will matter

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think all the talk about seating at NY will be a non-issue, especially with Valley on the home side. The worst part will be getting out of there. Just plan on waiting around for 30 minutes or so because traffic will be really backed up.

Good luck Valley!

Return to “Football”