nerkfan
JV Team

Re: Week 12: #4 Newark Catholic vs #1 Lucasville Valley

Post by nerkfan »

Mad_Dogg wrote:Cal Preps:

neutral field:

Valley 22
Newark Catholic 21
Well you can't get much of a closer prediction than that.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

nerkfan wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:Cal Preps:

neutral field:

Valley 22
Newark Catholic 21
Well you can't get much of a closer prediction than that.
No joke. I look for this to be a hard fought game. The winner will be whoever has the ball last

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
lineman7 wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:Nelsonville is a good guess..

This will be an EXCELLENT football game.

GO INDIANS!!

Nelsonville is clearly too small, I hope it is not there
Boston Field is by far not to small. Burg played there in the regional semi finals two yrs straight as did ironton a few yrs ago. It's a very nice stadium and it's plenty big enough to hold this game
It is absolutely too small. We proved that last year. I cant speak for burg. But it was definitely too small for Valley and LU last year. Anyone that went to that game cant attest to that.

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

A lot of very bad blood from the Bellaire/ NC game last evening........................I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying, all Bellaire is pulling for LV.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Rooting for Jackson to host

The last several years everything seems to have gone to Logan and Athens

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I would love to see this game in Jackson. But if history is any indication, OHSAA decision making hasnt went in our favor

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Athens won't get it they playing same night, even though The Plains will be "open" since their game is on neutral OHSAA won't schedule it there.

My guess Logan for Valley-NC and Sheridan for Athens-TV.

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

Newark Cath got 3 huge wins against D-3 Granville and their 7 wins,D-2 Watkins 5-5 and D-4 Johnstown 5-5 but lost to Ready in the opener so 3 wins against bigger schools= a #4 seed home game. They had more wins but this is who took them to the 4 seed. I like Valley by a couple tds next week with injury free game.

Greenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Greenwave »

I think it will be logan or hamilton twp. ironton played johnstown at hamilton twp i like logan the best. valley fans get the big home side. logan elm, chillicothe, lancaster dont have turf. and bloom carroll lost last night so it dought they would be in a mood to host it. i know they try to put it near the 1 seed but it isnt always possible. maybe nelsonville for the athens tri valley game. new lex is too small for a playoff game. maysut ville philo and zanesville still in playoffs for those to be sites for the athens game. i dont mind going to jackson but logan came to my mind first.

Greenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Greenwave »

doubleplay643 wrote:Athens won't get it they playing same night, even though The Plains will be "open" since their game is on neutral OHSAA won't schedule it there.

My guess Logan for Valley-NC and Sheridan for Athens-TV.
that sounds good sheridan is beutiful we played their against glouster last year. visitor stands are small but tri valley is used to playing at sheridan and it is about an hour for athens.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

GREENWAVE wrote:I think it will be logan or hamilton twp. ironton played johnstown at hamilton twp i like logan the best. valley fans get the big home side. logan elm, chillicothe, lancaster dont have turf. and bloom carroll lost last night so it dought they would be in a mood to host it. i know they try to put it near the 1 seed but it isnt always possible. maybe nelsonville for the athens tri valley game. new lex is too small for a playoff game. maysut ville philo and zanesville still in playoffs for those to be sites for the athens game. i dont mind going to jackson but logan came to my mind first.
Chillicothe has turf.

Greenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Greenwave »

when did they get it i didnt know that. they didnt have it in 2004 when we played symmes valley their. i did mapquest and logan is 77 miles from lucasville and 1 and 4 min for most nc fans using route 37. i would not recommend route 13 to 663 it is too curvey going thru bremen.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

This is first year for turf at Chillicothe.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I'd like to see the highest seated team continue to host a playoff game and then move the game to a neutral site for the regional final. The bottom line, as with almost everything is $$$$$.

Good luck to Valley as you continue on this journey.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

hamilton twp most likely

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

alabama mike wrote:I'd like to see the highest seated team continue to host a playoff game and then move the game to a neutral site for the regional final. The bottom line, as with almost everything is $$$$$.

Good luck to Valley as you continue on this journey.

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!! :aaaaa59

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

This game will be played in SE Ohio somewhere because of Valley. Also they may use Hamilton tshp. for a bigger central Ohio game. I honestly feel it will be either Logan or Nelsonville-York. Chillicothe could also be in play this year.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

indianabuck wrote:This game will be played in SE Ohio somewhere because of Valley. Also they may use Hamilton tshp. for a bigger central Ohio game. I honestly feel it will be either Logan or Nelsonville-York. Chillicothe could also be in play this year.
Chillicothe parking could be an issue.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

jagered wrote:Newark Cath got 3 huge wins against D-3 Granville and their 7 wins,D-2 Watkins 5-5 and D-4 Johnstown 5-5 but lost to Ready in the opener so 3 wins against bigger schools= a #4 seed home game. They had more wins but this is who took them to the 4 seed. I like Valley by a couple tds next week with injury free game.
I know it's going to seem like I'm nitpicking, but I'm actually trying to help. You seem like you are very enthusiastic about understanding completely how the harbin points system works, although you posted in the other thread where we had a good discussion going that you already knew. Just to show you how much deeper you kinda have to look sometimes, I'll use your above example as an example of what I'm talking about. While I agree 100% that the wins you listed above were the Green Wave's best three wins of the season, those schools simply being bigger aren't the reason they got the #4 seed. Even if all three of those schools listed had been D-7 schools with identical records, Newark Cath still would have edged out Bellaire for the #4 seed. In fact, if you replaced Johnstown Monroe with Lakewood who is a division larger, and made them a D-7 school, NC still would have secured the #4 seed over Bellaire, although it would have been by a much closer margin.

Do you see the point I'm making? I think you're absolutely right about the quality of those wins being the best for NC though. And, if we've learned anything from this weekend, it's that attrition took its toll on the OVAC schools going into the end of the season and I expect Martins' Ferry to be taken out by the barn and put away next week.

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

OHSAA just notified Nelsonville-York -- Nelsonville-York will host this game on Friday.

Return to “Football”