Week 12: #4 Newark Catholic vs #1 Lucasville Valley

nutronron2012
All State

Re: Week 12: #4 Newark Catholic vs #1 Lucasville Valley

Post by nutronron2012 »

Jesco White wrote:
FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:What are the key matchups...Strength and weakness....
I've been told they have a senior stud QB that maxpreps lists as being 6'4"-215lbs.
He has to be the real deal. He's headed to Illinois to play football. I've seen some highlights on YouTube of last year's title game, and he looks very good

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Logan sounds pretty likely. A few years ago they sent Hartley - Ironton there (not necessarily the most equal of distances), but a good venue.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I can see this game at Nelsonville-York and if Valley wins, the championship game be at Logan. Athens is too close to Logan as Valley is too close to Jackson for the Northern teams. It is all a matter of who put in for games.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Another question is where is the Ready-Monroe Central game going to be at? Zanesville won't be used because they are playing. New Lexington will probably have Athens-Tri Valley.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

#7 the qb for NC can be very good throwing the ball but he is inconsistent from game to game. NC runs him a lot. The qb drawl is more like a fullback dive. I don't know if NC can match up well with LV physical play.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

indianabuck wrote:Another question is where is the Ready-Monroe Central game going to be at? Zanesville won't be used because they are playing. New Lexington will probably have Athens-Tri Valley.
Sheridan in Somerset sounds likely.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Jesco White wrote:
Vladimir wrote:For a crowd this size this needs to be at Jackson, and after all Valley is the home team. I have a feeling this will be at Logan and NC will get the 45 min drive to Logan, as opposed to Valley getting the 45 min drive to Jackson.
Hopefully the Athens vs Tri-Valley game will be at Logan. I would love to see this game at Jackson. I just can't let myself believe the OHSAA would give us such a gift.
Exactly, OHSAA would clearly never let the higher ranked team (especially from SEO) get a venue that is a little better travel for them. I would love to see Jackson, but something tell me OHSAA will make you go an hour and half and NC go about half an hour...if history is any indication.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Jackson or Chilli would be good.Valley wins handily.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Valley. In their biggest test.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If Newark Catholic plays like they did last night this game is a toss up, if they convert back to the old defense, Valley wins by two scores or more.

Good luck to both teams.

I want Bloom Carroll as a location, but see it being one of the first three I posted.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:If Newark Catholic plays like they did last night this game is a toss up, if they convert back to the old defense, Valley wins by two scores or more.

Good luck to both teams.

I want Bloom Carroll as a location, but see it being one of the first three I posted.
Think that would be a nice site for this game.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Nelsonville- York will have plenty of room for a LV -NC matchup. NY has hosted d5 Reginal Finals and D4 games with the likes of Ironton . I think Oak Hill , Heath, Wheelersburg and Liberty Union have played there in recent years , to name a few. Also it is now easier to get to the stadium due to the bypass around Nelsonville.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Bloom Carroll or Hamilton Township would be great.

Hamilton Township is about 50 minutes from Newark and about 1:20 from Lucasville. It seems to be an easy drive for all involved. It is a very nice place (although it has a track).

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Crab's brother wrote:Bloom Carroll or Hamilton Township would be great.

Hamilton Township is about 50 minutes from Newark and about 1:20 from Lucasville. It seems to be an easy drive for all involved. It is a very nice place (although it has a TRACK).
Bummer! who likes the track around the field? Not me...too far from all the action!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

nybucks70-80 wrote:Nelsonville- York will have plenty of room for a LV -NC matchup. NY has hosted d5 Reginal Finals and D4 games with the likes of Ironton . I think Oak Hill , Heath, Wheelersburg and Liberty Union have played there in recent years , to name a few. Also it is now easier to get to the stadium due to the bypass around Nelsonville.
I was just not a fan of the trip or the setup at Nelsonville. It is nothing against the place, but as you advance in the playoffs, you want to play in nicer venues with more seating. If this game is at NY, it is actually a step down, facilities wise, to where Valley plays home games.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Yeah last years game at ny was one of the worst experiences I have seen the visitors section is way to small

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Crab's brother wrote:
nybucks70-80 wrote:Nelsonville- York will have plenty of room for a LV -NC matchup. NY has hosted d5 Reginal Finals and D4 games with the likes of Ironton . I think Oak Hill , Heath, Wheelersburg and Liberty Union have played there in recent years , to name a few. Also it is now easier to get to the stadium due to the bypass around Nelsonville.
I was just not a fan of the trip or the setup at Nelsonville. It is nothing against the place, but as you advance in the playoffs, you want to play in nicer venues with more seating. If this game is at NY, it is actually a step down, facilities wise, to where Valley plays home games.
You hit the nail on the head. Nothing against NY, but it is a step down and as we all seen last year, there just isnt enough seating. I would be willing to drive further for a better facility.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

lineman7 wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:Nelsonville is a good guess..

This will be an EXCELLENT football game.

GO INDIANS!!

Nelsonville is clearly too small, I hope it is not there
Boston Field is by far not to small. Burg played there in the regional semi finals two yrs straight as did ironton a few yrs ago. It's a very nice stadium and it's plenty big enough to hold this game

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I hope the officials do a much better of controlling the game in this one, then they did in the Newark Catholic Bellaire game.

Both teams, yes both teams were allowed to play dirty at times. I di not care who started it it, or who was retaliating,what occurred in that game was not the high school football I love so much.

I hope both teams play with class and the coaches come together after the game, as do the players shake hands and leave with kind words.

I hope fans from both teams leave knowing they witnessed a clean, hard-hitting game, where the better team won. I also hope we do not see fans belittling each other on message boards or showing any disrespect in the direction of the opposing team and/or coaches.

Let the young men play the game and congratulate the not only the winners but all players for what they accomplished during their seasons.

Good luck to both teams.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Cal Preps:

neutral field:

Valley 22
Newark Catholic 21

Return to “Football”