Week 12 Region 9: #1 Athens vs. #4 Tri-Valley

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Re: Week 12 Region 9: #1 Athens vs. #4 Tri-Valley

Post by wrestler87 »

I think you're right. Athens has a few better athletes. Trimble has a better overall team. In 4 quarters, Athens' 4 divisions larger-size probably gives them the depth/stamina advantage. I wish luck to both- having lived both places in the past.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

seoconstruction wrote:yes Athens made it to week 13 bc of an easy way there , their week 12 game was just a battle of two teams who weren't ready for the big playoff stage and Athens pulled it out !
Shawnee was the STATE RUNNER-UP in 2011. They had just played in a state championship - but weren't ready for the 'big playoff stage?

interesting.

:mrgreen:

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I'd stack Logan Elm up against a couple of those top 10 teams in the region. Defense is better defending the run than the pass.

I look for a 49-42 type game between Athens and Tri-Valley. I'd be worried about Athens on defense, but the offense should give them a shot. Should be a dandy.

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

Post by seoconstruction »

In 2011 .....

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

seoconstruction wrote:In 2011 .....
So I'm guessing Shawnee went out and got a whole new roster? They had a ton of seniors that played against Athens - who also played in the state title game as juniors the year before. Springfield Shawnee has a long history of success in the playoffs, seoconstruction. The coaching staff and players weren't afraid of the big lights, if they were, they wouldn't have beat Kettering the Alter the week before.

Athens flat out beat them. Why does everyone feel like they have to give an excuse every time Athens wins a game? Its ridicules. The kids earned that victory - give them some freakin credit every once in awhile.

Greenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Greenwave »

Zanesville has games both nights so I guess that throws out our thing about not being able to host when your team is in the playoffs. I saw more than zanesville like that.

TigerBacker#1
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerBacker#1 »

In 4 quarters Athens would probably beat Trimble. But Athens will give up more points in 4 quarters against TV than Trimble would in 8.

As far as the crowd TV will have more fans at Logan than Athens will. I do not know why but The fans do not follow Athens.

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

Yupp , apparently they did
I really just don't want to give Athens any credit
I think they are overrated ! And will show it this week , next year will be a different story

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

The tri valley crowd Friday was awesome , they will bring more people to Logan than Athens , they are also very loud , they love their football in Dresden , they travel every year like the traveling fans of the 2000 Logan team
Sorry I made you mad 93 , sorry pal

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

Maybe I'm wrong, as I didn't see TV play this year. The ppl I have worked with and scores either show a stronger MVL this year, or a weaker than average TV Playoff team. Zanesville lit-em up, and stopped the "O". I see A-town pulling it out. And the Home side will be filled, as locals will fill half as I have seen the past few years. Or, maybe some will go the the TV side!

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

You can't judge off the zanesville game
Tri valley got throttled by zanesville , but beat new Philly by more than zanesville did , just an example of why you can't look at it like that , especially w teams who play higher competition !
Athens is very capable of winning , I just think tri valleys coaching staff is much better and will control the game as they did last week !
I don't think Athens will respond well to being punched in the mouth , we will see Friday

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

People really let this stuff work them up
:evil:

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

The Bulldogs with superior scheming and coaching win this one.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Tri-Valley had a senior laden team LAST year. Only about 4 impact seniors this year. It is a junior laden team. Most of the experienced players from last year are linemen. TV was up on Licking Valley in week 1 by 11 points in the second half. Licking Valley had a nice drive to cut it to 4. TV was running out the clock when they got a holding call around mid-field. Ended up punting on that series. Licking Valley had a great last drive and converted a couple 4th and longs. They scored the winning TD with seconds to go. TV came into the year with new starters at all skilled positions except one WR spot. LV should not have beat them, but they did. Philo beat Licking Valley in week 2 and TV dominated Philo 35-3 in week 10.

Please do not take this as excuses. Zanesville beat TV. Not looking for a mental rematch. Just a few FYIs. #19 who had the two first half interceptions against NP and the TD catch (also had 3 TD catches against Philo) was out the Zanesville game. So was another starting receiver. #8 (the tailback who had 208 yards vs NP) had a severely strained ankle and only played the first half. He did not play the next game or so after Zanesville. Zanesville is the best team in SE quarter of Ohio hands down IMO.

Tri-Valley returns nearly everyone next year.

As for this year, the Athens and TV game should be a great game to watch. The fans on both sides think their team will win. One will win, the other will congratulate them and life will go on. :)

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Drew Pasteur (fantastic50.net) correctly picked all 4 winners in the first round of region 9. (He was 80% statewide.)

His second round predictions are Tri-Valley by 8 over Athens and Marion Franklin by 19 over Brookhaven.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

The bullpuppies are in trouble. Easy to pick them to win against another SEO team last week but they were struggling . This week ? 8)

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

Tri valley wins. Athens give up 50 to #8.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

The bullpuppies defense gave up 55 to the braves, WOW! They will be lucky to hold TV to 65! Look for a Tri-Valley win with a 62-35 score This is my early week prediction

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

teach1coach2 wrote:Drew Pasteur (fantastic50.net) correctly picked all 4 winners in the first round of region 9. (He was 80% statewide.)

His second round predictions are Tri-Valley by 8 over Athens and Marion Franklin by 19 over Brookhaven.
Calpreps had 85% correct last week and they have Athens 38-35. Either way I think this game will be close.

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

moonshine wrote:The bullpuppies defense gave up 55 to the braves, WOW! They will be lucky to hold TV to 65! Look for a Tri-Valley win with a 62-35 score This is my early week prediction
Don't forget Athens also scored 74.

No one has proved to be able to stop the offense. The defense doesn't need to be perfect, just make a few stops. When you give Athens the ball, they score.

Return to “Football”