Week 12 Region 9: #1 Athens vs. #4 Tri-Valley

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: Week 12 Region 9: #1 Athens vs. #4 Tri-Valley

Post by Raider6309 »

It was pretty much 35 to 14 after the 1st quarter. Athens got bored and only 41 to 21 at half. Athens should have had at least 60 at half.
I get whiz, so I've seen them play. 93bulldog and I wanted tri valley. Better match up for us

this will be a close game. Track match, Athens wins, around 30 pts, tri valley wins. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Don't go putting words in my mouth now ... I wish Athens played Hannan next week in order to reach the final 8.

:)

upon hearing how Tri-Valley dominated the line of scrimmage versus New Philadelphia has me quite worried, RAIDER6309.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I would say we could suit up some ou linemen, but ou's line sucks lol

after last night, anyone can win this region

davegrohlfan06
Waterboy

Post by davegrohlfan06 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:It was pretty much 35 to 14 after the 1st quarter. Athens got bored and only 41 to 21 at half. Athens should have had at least 60 at half.
I get whiz, so I've seen them play. 93bulldog and I wanted tri valley. Better match up for us

this will be a close game. Track match, Athens wins, around 30 pts, tri valley wins. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out
It wasn't pretty much 35-14, it was 28-14 after 1.
Would have, should have. If LE doesn't fumble on their 3rd drive on the Athens 12, then what happens? What if Burrow doesn't recover his own fumble after it bounces 5 yards in front of him when Athens was up only 47-42? I can guarantee they weren't bored at all in this game, they hardly changed their tempo. Give your team credit and lastly, it does however, take a rocket scientist to follow your posts. Consider proof reading. :-D

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Tri-Valley has been balanced offensively the second half of the regular season. They were balanced early against New Philly, but once they saw the line play was not good for NP, they just powered it up the middle during the second half. Tri-Valley will give what the defense takes. They can run or pass.

Please do not take this as excuses. Zanesville beat TV. Not looking for a mental rematch. Just a few FYIs. #19 who had the two first half interceptions against NP and the TD catch (also had 3 TD catches against Philo) was out the Zanesville game. So was another starting receiver. #8 (the tailback who had 208 yards last night) had a severely strained ankle and only played the first half. He did not play the next game or so after Zanesville.

This may be an oversimplification, but basically the Athens faithful thinks that TV cannot stop their passing game. The TV faithful thinks that Athens cannot stop the Tri-Valley run game. If both are true........it comes down to who stops themselves. Penalties, turnovers, dropped passes, etc.

Just one last note. Whether TV rushes 3 or 4 or 5 or 6, there will be offensive linemen headed backwards. I'm sure Burrows in a D1 guy, but he is going to have less time for passing plays to develop against TV.

Looking forward to an exciting, high scoring affair.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

LoganLocos wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:
seoconstruction wrote:Tri valley matched up very well against new Philly ! Tri valley IMO has a big advantage as far as "been there done that" and from what I seen Friday night they will have Athens shook early and control the game. Athens dominates in a terrible league and have still seen no competition. From what I seen from tri valley last night against a solid new Philly and what I seen from Athens against nelsonville , I'll take tri valley by 13
43-30
Athens played in week 13 last year with freshmen and sophomores. Have one of the top qb's in ohio. Hopefully tri valley comes out like they already won. Be a long night. Tri valley might be the best team Athens has played yet but Athens is the best offense tri valley will face
Athens MIGHT be the best offense TV will face.

But they've already seen Zanesville who are averaging over 52 points per game and have a QB putting up video game like numbers against better competition than Athens has faced.

ZHS put up over 50 on TV so there is no reason to think Athens won't score. I'm just saying it won't be the first ELITE offense that TV has seen.
I agree with everything in your post Locos.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

RAIDER6309 wrote:I'm saying tri valley can't defend the pass. They are going against considered the best QB in Ohio. Tri valleys defense is in question as much as Athens. He was 26 for 34 with 501 yards passing last night. Athens offense played horrible
Horrible? I'm not sure where you were standing but if your QB throws for 500+ and your running back scores 7 TD's saying they played horrible is just plain ridiculous. A bit of advise Raider, relax a bit there youngster and don't take every post personally. There is no need to defend our team or contest every negative opinion...some posters just try to push your buttons and you are taking the bait.

TigerBacker#1
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerBacker#1 »

If Athens had Trimble's defense they would have a chance to win the state. Lit of talent on the county.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

RAIDER6309 wrote: They are going against considered the best QB in Ohio
Considered by who? Burrow is a good QB but is no means among the best in Ohio.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Burrows is easily one of the top 2 QB's in OHIO. When Rivals and Scout rate Jr's later you will see this.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Pol Pot wrote:Burrows is easily one of the top 2 QB's in OHIO. When Rivals and Scout rate Jr's later you will see this.
So you think he's better than Adam Bertke of Marion Local and Jared Drake of Westerville Central? I'd say DeShone Kizer of Toledo Central Catholic and Grant Sherman of Kenton are better.

Now, if you're talking juniors that's another story, and I do agree he's probably the top JR QB in Ohio, but to say he's above those guys I mention is something else.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Logan is not central for TV. Look for this game to be played at Zanesville or someplace that way. No matter because Athens rolls by 30 plus

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

The FC Fan wrote:
Pol Pot wrote:Burrows is easily one of the top 2 QB's in OHIO. When Rivals and Scout rate Jr's later you will see this.
So you think he's better than Adam Bertke of Marion Local and Jared Drake of Westerville Central? I'd say DeShone Kizer of Toledo Central Catholic and Grant Sherman of Kenton are better.

Now, if you're talking juniors that's another story, and I do agree he's probably the top JR QB in Ohio, but to say he's above those guys I mention is something else.
I'd say that would be a more accurate statement.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Logan is the #1 seed. If possible, OHSAA will put it closer to Athens than Tri-Valley (Dresden). I would think Logan would be a likely location. We shall know in a few short hours.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

athens78 wrote:Logan is not central for TV. Look for this game to be played at Zanesville or someplace that way. No matter because Athens rolls by 30 plus
Zanesville would be closer to Tri Valley than Athens is to Logan. Not to mention the game can not be in Zanesville because the Devils are playing Friday night. It may end up somewhere other than Logan but it won't be Zanesville. And 30+? Are you serious?

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:
athens78 wrote:Logan is not central for TV. Look for this game to be played at Zanesville or someplace that way. No matter because Athens rolls by 30 plus
Zanesville would be closer to Tri Valley than Athens is to Logan. Not to mention the game can not be in Zanesville because the Devils are playing Friday night. It may end up somewhere other than Logan but it won't be Zanesville. And 30+? Are you serious?
TV is about 13 miles north of Zanesville that would like a home game for TV it would be like have the game at NY for Athens

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

have it at Hamilton township like last year about the same disteance for both. good times there for Athens last year

TigerBacker#1
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerBacker#1 »

I do not believe either team wins this game by 30. But if it is a 30 point margin Athens will not be the victor. This is an MVL team. I think that says enough.

Btw I want the dawgs to win but not sure they are getting a clear picture of what lies ahead.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:

How can Zanesville Devils be playing Friday . they played there home game

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

ok after reading posts on this site and another I have to laugh a little bit. the "predictions" are anything from 60-61 to 31-7. First of all no one in this game scores less than 28 and and neither team will win by 30+. I don't really know what the outcome will be (I hope Athens wins) but I do think it will be closer than the "experts" think. This is week 12 of playoffs not OSU verses little sisters of the poor.

Return to “Football”