Week 12: Region 17 #2 Martins Ferry vs #3 Wheelersburg

The D
JV Team

Re: Week 12: Region 17 #2 Martins Ferry vs #3 Wheelersburg

Post by The D »

sorry for my misperception then....
just judging by the posts its an easy mistake to make
MF may want to take a page from NW and run the play clock down every down to keep this from getting ugly (no offense to any NW poster lurking in the thread, just the only team I know of offhand that does this)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

purplesage wrote:
Ptguard wrote:Doubt that purplesage is a student or a player. Used to be a poster on Ferry threads by that name on Huddle years ago. Might be the same.
Bingo!!!! Used to write game reviews when JJ still ran the show!!! Old school football is unfortunately unappreciated in this video game era but defense and ball control still win championships!!!
RUN THE BALL!!!
RUN THE CLOCK!!!!
WIN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!

Only one team all year has been able to control the ball and the clock against the Pirates and that was Lucasville Valley. I have watched the film of the game against Westfall and you guys are no Valley. From what I saw you had a hard time stopping the passing game and the Burg will throw quite a bit on you. You also had problems stopping the QB when he kept it on the read option and ran the ball and EMIII is one of best at doing this. Good luck keeping the Burg under 40 points.

Your running game reminded me of Minford which the Burg held to 23 yards for the first half and I believe under 100 for the game.

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

We shall see, we shall see!!!!!!!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Good luck to the Pirates.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
purplesage wrote:
Ptguard wrote:Doubt that purplesage is a student or a player. Used to be a poster on Ferry threads by that name on Huddle years ago. Might be the same.
Bingo!!!! Used to write game reviews when JJ still ran the show!!! Old school football is unfortunately unappreciated in this video game era but defense and ball control still win championships!!!
RUN THE BALL!!!
RUN THE CLOCK!!!!
WIN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!

Only one team all year has been able to control the ball and the clock against the Pirates and that was Lucasville Valley. I have watched the film of the game against Westfall and you guys are no Valley. From what I saw you had a hard time stopping the passing game and the Burg will throw quite a bit on you. You also had problems stopping the QB when he kept it on the read option and ran the ball and EMIII is one of best at doing this. Good luck keeping the Burg under 40 points.

Your running game reminded me of Minford which the Burg held to 23 yards for the first half and I believe under 100 for the game.
And Minford RBs running behind a D1 OT commit to Louisville.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Is MFs QB (#5) actually 5'6"? To me he could be closer to 5'4" if 34 is actually 5'8" as listed. Maybe the smallest and tallest kids we have seen all year on the same team
http://www.mfcsd.k12.oh.us/images-kim/2 ... 20copy.jpg
Last edited by 4thgoal on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

No offense, but that may the worst attempt at posting a picture in the history of the internet.

:122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Crab's brother wrote:No offense, but that may the worst attempt at posting a picture in the history of the internet.

Thanks, but how the heck do you resize it? I have tried [img width=xx] and all kinds of stuff, but it either isn't there or it stays the same size. :?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

4th n Goal wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:No offense, but that may the worst attempt at posting a picture in the history of the internet.

Thanks, but how the heck do you resize it? I have tried [img width=xx] and all kinds of stuff, but it either isn't there or it stays the same size. :?
Oh, I have no clue. Just messing with you.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The picture was fine to me. Just click on it once you open it.

Man, 89 is a beast. Looks like they have some nice size. Don't see them being a ball control team. If they don't throw much, Burg will just put 8 in the box and send the house on every play.

This is the 2nd round of the playoffs and the games get tougher as the playoffs go on. WE will find out come Saturday night around 10pm. Looks like the weather is going to be perfect football weather as well.

Go BURG!!!!!!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

After looking at the aerial view of the stadium didn't realize it has a track around it. GGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! Hate fields with tracks because it seems like the fans are a mile away.

Also, doesn't look like the visitors side holds a whole lot so better get there early.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

purplesage wrote:We shall see, we shall see!!!!!!!
Interesting that Burg is getting a lot more votes in the pickem contest over at 'your' ovathletics.com forum 8)

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Valley has shown how to beat pirates. Ball control and minimize possession by pirates. Also scoring more points than pirates helps too. Fairland ran out of gas and started making mistakes. Pirates should survive to play another week.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

4th n Goal wrote:
Interesting that Burg is getting a lot more votes in the pickem contest over at 'your' ovathletics.com forum 8)
Just looked at this site and some of the chatter. Its like going behind enemy lines. Now I see what purplesage is talking about and see his logic now. They seem to think that Burg has no respect for them and they think Burg has no Defense because bad teams score on them. All I kept seeing over there was Burg is in for a "Rude Awakening"
I honestly see Burg winning by 3 scores as long as they hold on to the ball.

Jay Bruce
Freshman Team

Post by Jay Bruce »

Good luck to Wheelersburg!! Burg 30 martins ferry 20

fairland02
Waterboy

Post by fairland02 »

I've seen both teams play this season and the Burg is by far the better team Ferry will have trouble matching up on the outside with Dylan Miller and Tyler Claxon. I like the Burg by 3 touchdowns in this one.

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

Endzone_Warrior wrote:
The D wrote:Definitely a player......"Run the ball, run the clock, win the game" must be the coaches' mantra for prepping this week.. :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
3 more days and we'll see just see if that mantra works..!? Many have tried that approach, but only one succeeded. Easier said than done. ;-)
See the thing is we have been doing it for nearly a century with few exceptions!!!!!! :122246

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

4th n Goal wrote:
The valley is kind of funny that way!!! You'll always have your uninformed and haters but most of our schools stick together!!!! Heck one week after our huge rivalry game vs Bellaire myself and several other PurpleRiders were in Newark rooting them on !!!! I'm sure you have some of the same in the SEOAC!!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

purplesage wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:
The valley is kind of funny that way!!! You'll always have your uninformed and haters but most of our schools stick together!!!! Heck one week after our huge rivalry game vs Bellaire myself and several other PurpleRiders were in Newark rooting them on !!!! I'm sure you have some of the same in the SEOAC!!!!

That would be the SOC, Southern Ohio Conference, not the SEOAC.

We also support our other local schools. Lots of Burg and other local folks followed Valley the past few years after the Burg was ousted from the tourney. My father and I saw several games.

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

Congratulations to the Pirates making 1st team Southeast District

Offense
Tyler Claxon
Michael Staggs
Eddie Miller
Dylan Miller

Defense
Camron Parsley