Week 12: Region 17 #2 Martins Ferry vs #3 Wheelersburg

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Re: Week 12: Region 17 #2 Martins Ferry vs #3 Wheelersburg

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

purplesage wrote:
Endzone_Warrior wrote:
purplesage wrote:Westfall really sucked and we didn't deserve to win , but we did!!!! Our small running backs and QB are just a little slippery but not bruising, tough runners !!!! Yeah we been looking ahead to Wheelersburg all year, what's your team name??? I know I'm just kidding, Hey you got one if them cute parrots????? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm seeing this really ugly post coming soon!!!!!! But hey disrespect your opponent without actually seeing them in person is the name of all goo forum posters ah?????? Saturday can't come soon enough !!!!!
RUN THE BALL!!!
RUN THE CLOCK!!!!
WIN THE GAME!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: Very cute post! I very much agree with a the last three things you said so very loudly in this post....but you left out one very important key to winning...Scoring Points!! :oops: :122246 Something Wheelersburg has no trouble doing is putting points on the board in bunches, so before you start throwing gas on the fire you better have a way to put it out and your Defense I’ve been seeing is not the solution! :mrgreen:

BURG WINS BY 2 SCORES +!!!!!!!! 8)
Now here's a reality post for sure Mr. Obvious!!! But hey we suck so its just a lot of having fun and not taking yourself too seriously right?????!!!! Exclamation points are just periods for an old , hard if hearing typephobic !!! Just can't figure you guys out its week 12 and your pretty sure it's going to get handed to ya'all !!!!!!! We are too uncompetitive, young,slow,hurt and incompetent to win this game, but we might!!!!!! Hope you don't have to abandon ship arggghhh!!!!!!!
RUN THE BALL!!!!!!!
RUN THE CLOCK!!!!!!!
WIN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!
PERIODS ARE FOR WUSSES!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: The purple fairies D got exposed by a much weaker 5-5 Westfall offense and you think your so called theory of a game plan is as simple as you put it.....I sure hope the coaches think like you! :122245

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote:
BB #26 wrote:Dr .... Very well said!! Valley has taken over as the top football program in the SOC II but that doesn't mean Wheelersburg can't win a Regional title.
Great stretch for the Indians but I don't think they have taken over yet.
If 30-0 is not taking over then I'm not sure what is. How many do they have to win before you would consider it taking over, 40,50, would 60-0 do it? I hope the burg players don't start shaking when they see the purple jerseys.

Captain Morgan
Waterboy

Post by Captain Morgan »

Just don't see how Martins Ferries can slow down the Miller boys..

Burg 55
Martins 20

WE ARE --- THE BURG!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I hate that Valley is brought into this thread, no reason for it....

Martins Ferry STRUGGLED with a lame duck Westfall team, and should have lost the game. This one is close for about a quarter...Burg by 20

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Eh, no way! LOL. MF will play their guts out. This will be close. Their Coach has shown he knows how to make adjustments. Close game.

kerns_69
Waterboy

Post by kerns_69 »

Burg by 2 td's...Miller/Miller combo will be too much. Congrats to both teams for making it to week 12!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

chicken_coop wrote:Martins Ferry STRUGGLED with a lame duck Westfall team, and should have lost the game. This one is close for about a quarter...Burg by 20
From what I have read, it sounds like MF has played from behind and came back to win the last 4 games after trailing at the half. Burg needs to come out fast and establish tempo early and get on the board and then tighten up the defense in the 2nd half like they did against Fairland.

On a side note, MFs QB from last year transferred after the season, then transferred back later in the school year. After regaining the starting QB spot for this year, he ended up quitting the team after week 4. Since then, they have put a RB/WR in as QB and have been pretty successful. Sounds like a lot of turmoil, but they must be better off the way they are now.

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

Endzone_Warrior wrote:
:lol: The purple fairies D got exposed by a much weaker 5-5 Westfall offense and you think your so called theory of a game plan is as simple as you put it.....I sure hope the coaches think like you! :122245[/quote]

See told you the ugly post was coming!!!!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

purplesage wrote:
Endzone_Warrior wrote:
:lol: The purple fairies D got exposed by a much weaker 5-5 Westfall offense and you think your so called theory of a game plan is as simple as you put it.....I sure hope the coaches think like you! :122245

You need to hang around here more.....that wasn't an ugly post!

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

'tis true Martins Ferry's won it's last 4 games in come-from-behind fashion so I suggest Wheelersburg keeps the pressure on and builds a big enough lead.

I think the Purple Riders score at least 4 times, but 'Burg puts about 40 points on the MF defense.

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

walley is the best team in the soc for the last 3 years, they proved that on the field, ha guess what regular season is over guys, its high time we get behind both teams when they go up north. both teams need our support in the playoffs, these kids are still our kids from southern ohio and we should back them to the end. jmo

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

This is the wrong thread for Valley. Valley has nothing to do with this thread. The only thing I'll say about Valley is they are behind the Burg and wishing them all the luck throughout the playoffs. Good Luck Burg. Beat Ferry.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

4th n Goal wrote:
purplesage wrote:
Endzone_Warrior wrote:

You need to hang around here more.....that wasn't an ugly post!
Sometimes the truth is UGLY. :roll:

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Im not sure if purplesage is just wildly enthusiastic about how bad his team is? Or if he is one of their freshman players trying to stir the pot while maintaining that the team has weaknesses?

oldschoolcorner7
Freshman Team

Post by oldschoolcorner7 »

Burg Big!!! Stay blessed and injury free fellas!

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

The D wrote:Im not sure if purplesage is just wildly enthusiastic about how bad his team is? Or if he is one of their freshman players trying to stir the pot while maintaining that the team has weaknesses?
Geez !!! A couple of you folks are really slow or dim witted!!! I love to slice and dice your misguided views of reality but your not following the rhyme and rhythm !!! Please continue to give me more more more fodder to play with!!! And never never underestimate your opponent!!! I don't !!!!
RUN THE BALL!!!
RUN THE CLOCK!!!!!
WIN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Definitely a player......"Run the ball, run the clock, win the game" must be the coaches' mantra for prepping this week.. :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

Doubt that purplesage is a student or a player. Used to be a poster on Ferry threads by that name on Huddle years ago. Might be the same.

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

Ptguard wrote:Doubt that purplesage is a student or a player. Used to be a poster on Ferry threads by that name on Huddle years ago. Might be the same.
Bingo!!!! Used to write game reviews when JJ still ran the show!!! Old school football is unfortunately unappreciated in this video game era but defense and ball control still win championships!!!
RUN THE BALL!!!
RUN THE CLOCK!!!!
WIN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

The D wrote:Definitely a player......"Run the ball, run the clock, win the game" must be the coaches' mantra for prepping this week.. :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
3 more days and we'll see just see if that mantra works..!? Many have tried that approach, but only one succeeded. Easier said than done. ;-)

Return to “Football”